Dictionary - explanations of Acronyms like LD RC etc

Added AP - Astral Projection

Added: FM (False Memory) and DM (Dream Memory)

^Those are good. I’ve had a lot of false memories while awake as well - i do something in a dream and the next day i really believe it was real.

Maybe:

NREM - Non Rapid Eye Movement Sleep - Part of the sleep cycle in which dreaming does not normally takes place. Consists of the other four stages of sleep besides REM and shortens as the night goes on.

HL - Hyper Lucid/Hyper Lucidity
A more usable term meaning Hyper Reality in a dream, wherein all the senses seem to be magnified.

OD - Overalapping Dream/Overlaping Dreams
A dream in which you seem to have and remember (and be and active part of) two or more dreams at the same time.

Anybody have done OD dreams ?

It look complex , and much impossible for me.
Dont think we can do OD and be aware of 2 dreams in one time. Its too much for the memory. You surely gonna forget one when you awake.

DG = Dream Guide - Similar to a Spirit Guide, a person or thing that guides the dreamer in his actions.

Whatcha think? =]

now THAT would be interesting! sometimes, for me, normal dreams aren’t as clear as video. it seems they come and go too fast and yet still manage to pack so much in. it would be fantastic to watch a dream in real life.

TPD - ( third person dreams) Dreams in wich you see the world in the third person
FPD - (First person dreams) Dreams in wich you see the world in the first person

Maybe this is already here, but i have a lot of these.

A FBD, or Feeling Based Dream, a dream in which you can recall only a particular feeling, and no visual images or sounds or anything.

how about 3PV = 3rd person view , i have that a lot in my dreams.

Yes, 3PV and perhaps 1PV. It seems to me clearer than TPD and FPD (which are not really used indeed, people most often speak about third person view, if I remember well).

Or perhaps DO for disembodied observer… Does that exist already?

Who uses this curious term Bruno? It’s the first time I see it on the forum. :wink: Anyway, this explanation may be added in the hint.

Really? :shock: In the dream diary board, I see more people saying “disembodied” than “3rd person…” Well, I myself use it. :tongue: Mainly because I love it’s literal Portuguese translation, which is what I write in my paper DJ…

Lol! You’re right Bruno. I made a search on the forum about “disembodied” and most of the threads are in the DD section (which I quite don’t read :peek: ).

CALD (Character Assisted Lucid Dream) should be an applied acronym. I think it’s a comely technique that Talon conceived. (Inadvertently?)

Nonetheless, there seem to be members actually trying to apply this technique, so I think it’s worthy of its own descriptive acronym.

added DO :content:

i think CALD is not too much used yet to have it’s own acronym.

How about second person dreams, ever had those? :tongue:

DID - (Dream-in-dream) A dream, usually lucid, in which you either have a false awakening and fall into another dream or you “fall asleep” into another dream.

I think this one should be added (I was actually surprised to see that it wasn’t!) because it’s a fairly common occurence and “DID” is much easier to type than “dream inside another dream”. ^-^