Dictionary - explanations of Acronyms like LD RC etc

EWLD = Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, title of a very popular book about lucid dreaming written by LD-pioneer Stephen LaBerge.

some more:
[color=darkred]

1. NILD = Nap Induced Lucid Dream

2. CILD = Chakra Induced Lucid Dream

3. PILD = Punishment Induced Lucid Dream

4. RILD = Reward Induced Lucid Dream

5. TILD = Thirst Induced Lucid Dream

6. UILD = Urinate Induced Lucid Dream

7. SILD = Sexual Induced Lucid Dream

8. LILD = Letter Induced Lucid Dream

9. OILD = Orgone Induced Lucid Dream

10. NILD - going to sleep after waking up. Using MILD or WILD to induce a LD

11. CILD - Focusing at your Third Eye Chakra that is located slightly above and between your eyebrows before going to sleep. (for 3min or so)

12. PILD - Punish yourself everytime U don’t have a LD

13. RILD - Reward yourself every time U have a LD

14. TILD - Dry yourself out and when u are searching for water u know u are dreaming

15. UILD - Dirnk alot, and remeber to do a RC when you go to the bathroom (bit risky)

16. SILD - Do a RC every time u think of sex (U will think of sex in a dream, B3 helps if U don’t)

17. LILD - Do an RC every time U see a specific letter

18. OILD - using orgone energy to induce lucidity (like magnets or crystals)
    [/color]

for more info, LD-faq at home.no/lucid/

EDIT: Had to update my url again, the old one still works! :smile:

i noticed the acronym for Reality Check Initiated LD is RCID.

For me it makes more sense when the acronym is RCILD - so it fits in with all the other -ILD’s :wink:

anyway, the two both have an acronym bubble assigned :grin:

oops. :eh:
:confused: I think it was suppose to be RCILD but my brain must have wanted a 4 letter word.

Some new acronym with the time:

DLTR = Dream Longer Than Reality

DRD - Dream Recording Device - possible device to come, records our dreams to a continual and stable video.

Soon it will be hard for evrey Lucid enthusist to communicate with people who are not in to LD,
becuse they will be talking in LD. (Lucid language :wink: )

I propose that some of the different dream techniques (ILDs) gain an extra type with the prefix “DIF” for “dream initiated false” where “dream” is assumed to mean EITHER NLD or LD. The two I find most pertinent are:

DIFWILD Dream initiated false wake initiated lucid dream
DIFMILD Dream initiated false mnemonic initiated lucid dream

These two examples are from situations discussed recently (“Have you ever had a WILD in a NLD or a LD?”). Because these are technically not true WILDs, they should gain a prefix to point out that it is the same technique but done in dream.

Originally when this occured to me I called DIFWILD a DIWILD, but now I add the F because I feel it is important.

There are already enough acronyms but I think that this would be helpful if this topic (DIFWILD) is to be discussed in any greater detail.

EDIT: Whoops! I am sorry… I missed FLD which sums up all of the DIF*ILDs I was thinking of… Nevermind!

Have I gone blind or did we miss a really big one.

DS = Dream Sign

I’ve just been talking about them and came here for a possible definition and Nada.

Yup, we all looked right over that one.

I’ve also added LL(Lucid Living), along with a few more definitions.

A couple ones that I think have been overlooked…
NLD - Non-Lucid Dream
RL or WL - real life or waking life - people often use these acronyms instead of saying IRL or IWL

Thanks for adding Lucic Living. It has been a life long dream of mine. :content:

There is a great discussion about LL going on and as a result I’ve come up with another anacronym:

LDD: Lucid Day Dreaming. Another exercise for practicing lucidity.:beer:

It’s pretty self-explanatory but I will talk about it more in the Lucid Living
Topic

LL has been added as a popup now too. :content:

and removed again because of the fact that when you use “i’ll” it changes it into the acronym too :grrr:

To whom it may concern… ULD Unaware Lucid Dreaming is real … I do it ever night … I have as of yet been unable to be come “awake” in my dreams yet I can control whatever I want … Hence I stopped having nightmares about 12 years ago because after 3 years of the same one I came to the realization that I could control what was happening and since then I havent had any such problems … The only thing is Im not thinking so I cant do what i really want to … I can only react to things Not initiate them

Today I have added:

AB= Astral Body
and
SG= Spirit Guide

I also cleaned up the original post a bit.

I am surprised to see that DJ (Dream Journal) isn´t yet in the acronyms.I think more people use it than DD

Traumgänger

Perhaps another one: LS = Lucid Sleep

Added, :thumbs: . . but without a floating description bubble for now. :neutral:

umm what about Shared Dreaming???

SD :smile: still havent done it but i will get there :content: :cool:

Cheers
Richard