How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

Hah, I learned from this site believe it or not.
Learned the techniques but didn’t use them much, let it come naturally.
I’m sure I have had many LD before I knew of the term tho :wink:

me and my friends found out about these supplements that would help us sleep better i did some research and found out about lucid dreaming
from then on i’ve been recording my dreams and going/triing to lucid

I already had LDs before I knew about them…but I had to develop a few strategies before I could have loads more.

Before the internet had much to say about Lucid dreaming I read Castaneda’s the art of dreaming. I’m glad i found a site that somewhat validates what I have been trying to do and understand. If you haven’t done it keep trying its attainable.

This fella I know years ago used to visit me by doing it. It made me research the whole thing and I started doing it and after a week, I pulled it off. Been doing them for 10 years now.

I had them naturally, but very rarely as a kid. When I was about 12 I did some research and discovered the MILD technique. I didn’t really put much into it at first, and as a result didn’t get any dreams. Now I keep a dream journal and use mild and wild.

I had a few more when I was little, and they came about from randomly realizing in the dream, “Oh, I’m dreaming!” I may have known about LDing in general before I had them; I can’t remember. Most or all of them have been low-level, since I’d try something lucidly then I’d slip out of it as I let things unfold on their own. I recall several times that I’d try to fly, and either I couldn’t get very high, or I’d run into a ceiling. (I found myself in my basement in the dream once.) My last low-level lucidity dreams were mostly creepy dreams in which I said, “At least this is only a dream, since I won’t have to worry about this in reality.” I had more when I kept my dream journal for a while, but I got lazy after a while, so last night I started it again in hopes of getting more. :content:

I learned how to LD by reading the Lucid Dreaming wikibook by R3mot :content: . At first, I tried MILD for a few months, without success, and then WILD, which I still haven’t had any luck with. My first LD simply happened. One night I decided that I simply couldn’t LD and gave it up on the induction techniques. Surprisingly, I had my first LD that night. It seems that I have a better chance of having a lucid dream without induction techniques. :eh:

I learned to Lucid Dream from the dreamviews forum. The method I used was WBTB, ( I kept falling asleep and waking up)

I still don’t know what exactly they are, that’s why I’m here. :smile:

I havent… :cry:

yet :content:

I can’t believe I haven’t posted in this topic before! Owell here it goes:
I first visited sites over sites in search for techs and advice, then i stumbled into EWLD, and it was love at first sight :content: read it in a jiffy, and that’s pretty much what got me started. To this day, i still look for new techs/pointviews to improve my LD ability.

I never really “learned it”; It has just happened at some moments. Not actually sure how, but my dreams would become clearer than normal (so darn clear I had trouble distinguishing them from reality), and then I’d pinch myself to see if I was dreaming or not – and voila! I knew I was dreaming, and freedom had been acheived. Awesomeness ensued.

Uhm yea I never learned. I was a natural thats all. Been doing it since I was 8, thought everyone else did the same thing. then my friend comes up to me and asks me if I know im dreaming when I dream and thats when I relized what it was called and not everyone did it. So now I am researching and practicing to make my Lucid Dreams better and to expierence them. So far I had Ice Cream, Mermaid, School, Baseball famouse, Books, Inks, School Bus, Lost, Funeral, party, whales, saving sister from ocean by my sisters pellow. Haha thats my favoritee!!! I saved her when we were on whales being chased by sharks and then We came to shore but she was no where to be found so I saw my sis pellow and stepped on her and saved her! lol

I think my first LD was WBTB. Hard to rememebr though because i’ve been LD’ing on and off for 3 years. I found out about LDing because I was interested in my subconscious mind. Once I started creating a dream journal my dream recall and ability to LD improved significantly. I’ve found that if I set my mind to LD’ing I can get one about every other day. I just have to keep the intention in mind throughout the day that I want to be aware that i’m dreaming. That and having good dream recall.

i learned it by

stumblin on this LD forum
read the explanations

1. rememberd i could sometime control ma dreams

2. read the errors and problems of most

3. attemptd to LD by meditating

4. i was LD’

5. id wake up when i want , stood awake ran jumped to fully be awake

6. tried to ld again same method

7. reachd success

8. conclusion - i was to ld at will

9. created ma own method MI WILD (meditation induced wild)
    credits of the name are not mine lol

now i have fun lol

about two I stumbled upon LD when my friend told me about some pills that would help me sleep better i did some research and,being google friendly, found out about fredrick van eden and all his stuff and since then I’ve been recording my dreams triing to find better ways to LD :cry: :help: :help: :cry:

I don’t know, actually… I just started to see them now and then as a child, and during the years I’ve had more and more of them :eek:
But I guess one really important thing is, that I have written down my dreams since… like always. Not every single dream, but every even a little bit interesting dream. There has been times when I’ve been too lazy to write my dreams down, and then I’ve seen much less LD:s, so I guess, having LD:s is strongly related to keeping a dream journal, at least for me!
And like some others here, I’ve learned a lot about LD:s in my nightmares, where I really need to do some extraordinary tricks to avoid creepy dangers…

One night I had a natural LD without knowing anything about them, when i woke up I had absolutly no idea what had happened. I eventually had more and more so I told my friends and one of them had heard about LDs and explained what was happening and how to prolong them, he was a little angry as he had been trying to have them for a while unsuccesfully and I had had them accidentily. I started googling it myself and found this forum wich has been amazingly helpfully.

As I child, I would occasionally become conscious that I was dreaming, but I didn’t know what to do with that knowledge except wake myself up from nightmares. A year ago, I heard someone mention “lucid dreaming” in my physics class and looked it up online. It opened up new horizons as I learned it was possible to control my dreams and interact with my subconscious.