Dream weapon limitations?

Its been a loong while since i visited this friendly site. So just friendly Hello to all. Anyways :tongue:

This morning i had a quite vivid LD with a strange theme of revolt. In which i led a group of metallic shifters(think terminator) to escape from their captors. during the last battle we ended up having a shootout in a library (now the place they came from was nothing like a library! Think matrix human pods with a giant gellatanous machine doing the creation). During the shootout i was using something much like the spirit gun (yuyu-hakasho) and taking ONLY Headshots. Why? I have no clue, i couldnt seem to pull off a shot otherwise. And twice i was almost shot myself(i HATE being hurt in dreams, usually end up sore in the morning). But my question is if any of you have particular weapons you like to use which you find yourself limited to using a certain way. Sorry for the blathering. Cheers :smile:

In normal dreams I often tend to use what’s available, and it may or may not behave strangely. Knives and swords will sometimes lose their cutting power, guns fail to hit, etc.

In lucid dreams, I don’t normally use weapons. Even if I’m in a situation with lots of gunfire right before becoming lucid, once I do, I tend to “discard” everything. Sometimes the scene will shift just because of my shift in awareness.

During those times, I usually fight with my bare hands, or I make up strange powers. Sometimes there are still limitations, though. And technically, one’s appendages are the most deadly weapons of all. I’ve had times, even in lucid dreams, where my punches wouldn’t do the amount of damage I thought they’d do, but then I’ll just “force” my way through an opponent by ripping him apart or something.

Often in my dreams those things always work. The more aggressive the move, the more killing potential it has, the better it works most of the time. Telekinesis hasn’t failed me yet, though, but that’s probably because it’s so inherently powerful against any opponent who doesn’t also know how to use it.

Well i cant say im quite as level headed as you when im lucid :tongue:. I kind of enjoy the action going on around and participate in it. I dont ever use brute force though…strangely a lot of others around here say they find that the simplest way to deal with things. (go figure?) But, i still enjoy implementing a few of the things i see in my favorite shows or read about, like my spirit gun B). I guess im just not focused enough to take full control of events haha. Thank you for the input though Svenshinhan :smile:. I’ll give the 'ol fist a try if i bother to think of it XD.

Oh, I didn’t mean to say that you should start doing what I do or anything. I merely posted my personal experience as a way to show that there are ways, at least for me, to get over the fact that sometimes “weapons” don’t work as intended.

My becoming lucid and stopping everything has more to do with how I behave when I become lucid than my actual response to an action situation. I have responded to the action in “normal” ways as well. Just keep doing what you find most fun. :smile:

Weapons?

indeed… weapons^

could you give an example of some limitations, i mean i thought these things where limited to our imaginations… hows your imagination? lol

Well, there are various levels of lucidity in dreams. If you have a low level of lucidity, your subconscious will have much more power over the dream than your conscious self does.

In those situations, things may not work the way people intend. In a way it is limited to our imagination, yes. But our conscious imagination is also limited by how lucid we are in a dream. So, by becoming more aware of the dream state, and becoming more aware of the fact that it’s all a product of your own mind, then your imagination will be that much more powerful.

In truth, there shouldn’t be a limit. It’s your dream so the only limit is your imagination. Though there have been times when I had low lucidity and had to use what I could find lying around. Magic has to be the best weapon…

There really shouldnt be, but like it was mentioned it depends on your level of lucidity i suppose. Honestly mine is subpar considering i never bother to interfere in the course of the dreams themselves most of the time :silent:. I’ve never remembered to do any tasks at all XD

aah thank you. has anyone ever tried to curve a bullet in a dream? hahaha

Haha no, never tried any wanted stunts before. But i think i’ll see if i cant have a lucid dream tonight. If i remember to try it i’ll let you know how it goes XD.

nice… hope it works

I can’t recall any lucid gunfights, but in my normal dreams I often dodge the bullets, or they miss me by a hair.

I tend to often resort to magic-ish stuff, though, so I guess I could curve a bullet, though I’d much rather reflect it with a spear or something. Or cleave it in half with a lightning bolt.

as defense yea, but what about fired from your own gun? same thing?

when the bullets come toward you do you see them in slow-mo or slowish?

Hmm, I guess that in my dreams most gunfire is fairly “normal” as far as time is concerned. Usually I don’t even really see the bullets because they move too fast.

I’ve yet to get into a lucid gunfight, so I don’t know what I’d do then.

So are you folks saying that your lucid dreams are like video games where you’re tearing things up and killing people?

Or are these non-lucid dreams that you’re talking about?

I think they’re talking about both. You can do whatever you want in your dreams. using weapons to go on killing sprees can be one of them.

I dunno. Weapons have never really given me an issue in dreams. I think it depends on your expectations. Anyway, if you wanna shoot someone, you can just use magic. :tongue:

yep both. id like to have gunfire come out of my finger tips, thats some magic id like to try : )

Ok check curving bullets off my lucid to do list :wink: Didnt turn lucid enough to do it the first night, forgot it the second, got it tonight XD Wasnt much of a curve though. more like a right angle :meh: again not what i planned!

@ arne: No specifically just happend that i turned lucid during a battle/escape dream and followed it. When trying out my spiritgun(you can classify it as magic i guess) it would only kill if i shot directly at the head. Hence, my question about any limitations others experienced.

Unlike my NDs, in LDs guns tend to not function. It’s the whole idea of technical things not working in dreams because they don’t actually have any mechanics in them. I can’t trust the nonexistant mechanics inside the weapon to fulfil their function because there are no inner workings in the dream gun. It’s all pretense, and I don’t have any confidence that the gun will fire when I pull the trigger, because logically, there is no reason that it should. It depends on when I want it to fire, and the trigger has nothing to do with it. It’s just no fun that way. I know it is all because I don’t just go with it. In NDs things like that are easy, but I don’t have control. Funny how that works.