The Lucid Dreaming Wall (mainly for new members)

Great post, Rhewin! :cheesy: (don’t know why this smilie, but it felt right)

One thing that really helped me when I started out (actually, I should do it more often now a days) is focus on the positive. I’d have a night without a LD and instead of thinking over and over on “aw, bummer, no LD” I would get the best part of the night and focus mainly on that. Anything from HI or SP would do. Or even better DR or hearing/remembering sound from a ND, or smell. Anything really.

Exactly, mattias! It took me a few months to figure out that a night without LD’s still had it’s own rewards. Being able to remember intense details, or just interesting dreams that resulting from failed WILD/VILD attempts is now enough to get me by :content:

you mean i can move a little when i WILD?

The reason we say to avoid movement is so that your body can “fall asleep” or go into SP faster. If you move without thinking, you’ll prolong the process but it won’t ruin it. The thing that ruins it is thinking “CAN’T MOVE… CAN’T SWALLOW… MUST NOT MOVE!!!”

If you have an itch, or you’re uncomfortable, or you need to swallow, fix it! Just don’t devote a lot of thought to it. Do it naturally like you do when you’re awake.

Now, once you’re in a comfortable position you should try to ignore what we call “roll over signals.” They are a way for your SC to test whether you are awake or not. If you don’t roll over, your body will fall asleep faster so you don’t have to keep your mind aware as long. The longer you make it, the more difficult it can become.

All of this varies from person to person, so it is important for yu to experiment some and see what works best for you :content:

that was a great post, it really got me thinking. well my first goal i set which is right now is to really increase my DR. so i am starting a dream journal and im not really trying to LD as much as increasing my DR. Ive been looking at the guides they seem pretty helpful. :woah:

I would say this can be very helpful, by the way, sorry that I just didnt use the Search option, because it doesnt work for me. (DSi Browser and such)

P.S. Why the hell did I wrote Rhewin as the Username?! Does my subconcious want me to hack you? Nah, I`m probably just tired, good night everybody I guess…

Glad it helped. And the question is, is your SC trying to hack my account, or is my SC trying to hack you???

Quite helpful. If I start on think in giving up I’ll read this topic :content:

Firstly, i’d like to introdice myself. My name is Jacco van Eijk and I live in the netherlands, I’m 13 years old and this is my first post here on ld4all. I started looking up info after having an accidental LD a couple days ago. Well, I’m not sure it was really a LD, but at one point, I was like " 'bout time to wake up now", and then I woke up, so I must have realized I was dreaming, right? :wink: So this topic really helped me realize I should’nt expect to have an LD on my second night or something. I know there are the lucky ones, but they are rare (too bad, right? :grrr: ) So anyway, I’m going to start writing a DJ tonight (friday 11th Feb 2011), and as you said I might not have an LD for a long time, so until that and after I start getting LD’s i’ll enjoy remembering my ND’s. Gotta go to bed now, see you later! :smile:

I’ll have to remember to read it, looking forward to it!

All right, so yesterday I posted my first reply here, in which I introduced myself and said I was going to start training DR that night. Well, I read the ’ remember’ section in the Guide, wrote the tips down and tried them out. And guess what: 2 dreams! Like, i was amazed, because usually (i.e: when I don’t put any effort in it) I remember like 1 dream in 2 weeks, So i’ll just say to all newcomers like me: Check out the guide: it works! So i’m going to keep using those tips and when I remember at least 1 dream a night for like 5 days, i’ll start trying to get LD’s.

Looking forward to it! :thumbs:

Hmm, I have had some trouble finding a place where I could introduce myself.
Anyway, I’m Sander, I just joined, and I’m really into lucid dreaming.
Although I have only had one LD so far, it got me really excited to try and go for more.
I have lots of things to learn after browsing through this forum for a couple of weeks.
I’ll try to hang around for a while at least until I’m a bit more experienced with LD’ing.
Oh and I need to get this DJ started now, I had tried before but after a while I just forgot about it. :razz:

Yeah, I agree Rhewin. I very often meet people (on the chat and on the forum) complaining for WILD not to work while they only started LD’ing the day before they asked the question… :meh:. I has such experiences myself - giving up. But I came back on the “right” way half year later :smile:.

But if one thinks about it, there’s not much one could do. Cause the newbies are so excited (i.e. “I want a LD soooo bad ! Please help !” - how many threads didn’t have such a title ?) they won’t listen - they want an LD. I do too but I know that without work nothing can be done.

Who listens to advices ? I do for my part - which is why I am still here. :neutral:

Oh well, I hope I won’t follow that path, I want a lucid dream soo badly, but I know it requires some training.
I’ll see how long I will survive around here.

Keep it on your mind, Sander and actively question the world around you! Those dreams will eventually come. Even if you give up now, those seeds are planted and the chances of you having an LD someday have already greatly gone up. Once you get that first LD, it’ll all make sense :content:

Ah that sounds quite encouraging.
I’ll keep trying every night, I’m really excited actually, but I try not to get too excited, because if I do get a lucid dream I don’t want to snap out it.
Today has been quite a good day, I was constantly thinking about dreaming (I was actually daydreaming about it :razz:)
And wondering what happens if I did this or what if I do that.

Thanks for the post Rhewin :pharaoh:
It was also a good read for those of us that have had LDs but hit a dry spell.
Funny how not having been lucid for almost 2 months can hit you hard and make you feel like a newb again :smile:.
I have to agree with the going to bed early thing, I have not been able to do that for a while now, too much going on work-wise. Stress is also a deterring factor I found out. Still in my mind I should be able to become lucid even though I don’t sleep enough, but nope, no go so far. Oh well, I should be able to take it easy pretty soon. :pharaoh:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, Kauai. I haven’t had an LD in almost a month now, which has really set me back. Mind you, hosting the LC did that to me last time too.

I was into LD for while but then got bored and quit. What really threw me back on to track was this really amazing dream, which I won’t go into here but I will say that I’m not forgetting it any time soon. Anyways, I wrote down my dream in my DJ and read some of my old dreams. Then my interest sort of grew and I’m back on this site trying to LD. Although I have noticed that after the huge time space my DR has gotten amazing, anywhere from 2-4 dreams/fragments a night.

Glad to hear you got your interest back, catdreamer :content:

Like I said, taking interest in your ND’s can help a whole lot with the boredom and frustration. Good luck with your new quest!