Unintentional WILD and... success :)

I woke up in the morning, turned off the alarm clock, and wanted to sleep again. I had no intention of practising WILD. But after some time I felt something bizarre. My body paralyzed. I heard a huge hiss in my ears and heard someone calling my name and other sounds. At this point, I realized that these might be hypnagogic hallucinations. It lasted for about few seconds. I tried to be calm, I just believed that I will enter into a dream. It worked! :smile:

I felt my feet lifting up and I saw them being washed off by the tide, like they were flowing up from water. I found myself in my some kind of room (it looked similar to my own room). I started to explore the world knowing that this is lucid dream.

I went to the kitchen. There was my mother there. I looked at the window, but it was blurry and I wasn’t able to see what on the other side. I asked her if I can jump off the windows. I don’t remember what she replied, but I started to have second thoughts. Is it a dream or not? Maybe I won’t jump off. Somehow, I felt my body stopping me from doing it.

I started to look for some numbers or writings. If they behave strangely, I would know that it was a dream. I looked at some notes on the table, and what I saw is difficult to explain. They letters looked strange, but it didn’t convince me. I looked at my right foot. It was bare. I thought: “Let’s see how my scar looks. If it is the same, I am not dreaming” (I had a surgery once). Actually, I saw a fresh wound, just like it looked after the surgery! So, RC done :smile:

So I started to spin around. Very fast. I imagined that I am on the Himalayan mountain. I opened my eyes… and found myself on some yard, in some big city. There was this Hindu guy sitting there by the wall. I can’t recall what I was saying to him, but I remember that he told me that he needs the cap which he had on his head.

I rubbed my hands to feel my body. I touched my arms and felt goose bumps on it! I screamed: “Lucidity!” to make my dream more vivid. I It worked. I thought of flying. Just after that, I felt my body lifting! I tried to fly in Superman way. Yes! I did it! First, I flew just at the height of 3 floor building (actually, the tenement house nearby). I fell down gently and then flew much higher!

I saw the city. It was a huge like NY or Los Angeles. The sun was setting. I flew over the river and a bridge. I went up, hung in the air and dove. I hit the water which got inside my nose. It felt unpleasant, but I manage to fly up. I hung in the air again. I felt the excitement. Flying was so beautiful that I almost cried! “I am flying in my dreams!” I dove under the red bridge on the river. I flew on my back, just above the water level, looking at the bridge bottom. It was grey and made of concrete.

I flew up again. At this point, it was already night. I managed to get very high, near the top of one of the skyscrapers. I was looking at its windows, but each one of them was dark. The light was turned off in each of those windows. The only thing that was shining was its neon logo on the top. I tried to get there to the top, but somehow it was tough. Then I got an idea of going even higher. I did it and just after that I entered dense, dark clouds (it was night). I felt little scared of being that high. I wanted to see the stars. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get though the clouds. I went down again to the ground.

I woke up and wasn’t able to think clearly. I was sooo high :smile: It was first long lucid dream I have ever had, previous ones lasted for about 30 seconds. This one lasted for few minutes :smile:

Wow man congrats !! Some people on these forums have a lot of difficulty doing WILD but you did it accidentally ! Good job man :razz:
Your dream also looked really cool ! And your RC is pretty good ^^

[color=red] WOW thats great, I love your dream description too. I have great difficulty describing my dreams, lucid or otherwise and I have now started a dream diary as suggested somewhere on this site. I still dont think I could describe it so effectively though, I felt like I could have dreamt it myself after reading it.

I often hear loud whispering just as I start to drop off, sometimes I’m unable to decipher the words but often it is my name as you mentioned. I usually wake up though when this happens because I freak out somewhat. :roll: After what you said though I think I will try to calm myself down and stay in a relaxed state. Thanks for posting because I didnt understand what the sounds were- I understand when I hear the doorbell that it isnt real and I am prob falling asleep but hearing loud whispering of my name was really freaky, I didnt realise that also could happen just as you fall asleep so thanks[/color] :clap:

Thanks for the congrats :wink:

I forgot to mention, that I tried flying in my previous lucid dream and it ended with failure. So the fun was greater when I managed to bounce off the ground.

Well, I did try it few times before and I didn’t manage. Fortunately, this time I knew what to expect and that’s why I remained calm. I set up a purpose - to enter the dream. I wasn’t thinking about those sounds at all. When I heard them, I didn’t feel scared. This feeling was exiting and I was thinking positively that I’ll manage :smile: It all lasted few seconds and the dream started.

Thanks. I like describing my dreams this way. I wrote down this dream on a small piece of paper laying beside my bed just after waking up:) I just wanted to write some key words and believe me, it looked chaotic :smile: And even when I started writing it down in this form, I had problem with deciphering my own words :smile:

I think you should just practice more and you will be able to describe your dreams this way :smile:

[b][i][color=red]I hope so. Still, I will keep an eye on what you are writing hopefully pick up some tips :cheer:

Just a quick question, do you know if its common to hear your name being whispered like that? I was a bit concerned that I had some kind of problem and would never have told anyone what I heard those times in case they agreed, about the problem I mean. I only told people on here because you said it happened to you too so I felt perhaps it wasnt something wrong but just part of the dreaming experience. Does it happen to you a lot? Does it happen to anyone else on here?[/color][/i][/b] :dingy:

Ok, I’ll start my own DJ on this forum as a lot of people do :smile:

As far as whispers are concerned, there is nothing to worry about :smile: I can even say, that you should be happy with that, because some people would like to achieve this state and simply they cannot. And from this point, it is very close to lucid dreaming.

The whispers you hear are hallucinations which occur while being in a hypnagogic state (HA) - transitional state between being awake and sleeping. During that, your body paralyzes, but your mind is conscious and you may see or hear different things. Search this forum for more information about hypnagogia, you will find a lot :smile:

I will do that. Im so glad I came on this site because all this stuff used to scare me so much and I didnt have a clue what was happening. It was very freaky especially the SP I would dread it happening. Now its something I let happen because I know I can learn to control it more. I will have a search for more info about the things I hear, although I cant imagine ever wanting to achieve that state cos its still a little bit scary even now that I know why its happening. Thanks for all the advice and info. Its nice to know Im not on my own with all this and its nice to get some real honest answers. :slight_smile: