EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Crazy dreams when you were sick?

Author  Message 
StarryGwee
Meeep meep
Dream Deity
StarryGwee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100+

Crazy dreams when you were sick?
PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I've heard that many people have had crazy/extremely vivid/awesome dreams when they're sick. As for me, once I hit the bed I'm completely knocked out.
Do you guys notice any differences with your dreams when you get sick?

I'm currently bored and would love to hear some interesting experiences you guys had, while you were sick in bed. Please feel free to post some. (Can be LDs, NDs doesn't matter!)

Sorry if I posted this at the wrong section shy2 .

Current LD goal(s): Visit: Imladris, Lothlórien, Hobbiton.
Loah
Celestial Wanderer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 27 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I don't know about that. When I'm sick, I'm too conscious of my agony to make good of any of my dreams. The only thing similar, is that when I have terrible headaches, my dreams are just flashy colors, dumb music, and utter nonsense.

Current LD goal(s): Find Lumessence...

Last edited by Loah on Sun 27 Feb, 2011; edited 1 time in total
Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

I haven't been sick since I was 9 years old trying to keep it that way... sorry

EllyEve
This is not an apple
Dream Deity
EllyEve has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 20+

Re: Crazy dreams when you were sick?

StarryGwee wrote:
once I hit the bed I'm completely knocked out.

Me, too. That's what fever dreams were to me for every time I got sick for 22 years.

Then last month I got struck by the worst flu I ever had in my life. My dreams are usually vivid, but when I slept, the images of the dream just seemed to ooze, "Please believe us! We're totally real!!!" I'm recalling a plot now where these Men In Black tried to create an illusionary reality that I couldn't escape from, so I was so close to becoming lucid. But also so far, because those details were wicked vivid.

It was a beach, then a jungle, then cartoon animals singing to me. I think I partially woke up at one time because I remember being in my bed and the cartoon tigers and lions were still there. I wish I could remember the tune, I only remember that it was really really high and catchy.

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

Blenderman wrote:
I haven't been sick since I was 9 years old trying to keep it that way... sorry

Wow damn; thats a crazzy streak.

I got sick like once a year before I stated being really active, but now that I run 70+ miles a week with a MUCH better diet I haven't been sick at all in the last three years, except for a cold following a serious bout of overtraining and poor eating.

Loah
Celestial Wanderer
Astral Explorer

Lucidity_Master wrote:

but now that I run 70+ miles a week

reality check

Current LD goal(s): Find Lumessence...
Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

Yeah that's impressive... I do a bit of workout and some running myself but... wow

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

Yea, it started a few years back when I was in H.S. and was pretty out of shape (5'9", 190) and couldn't even do a mile in under 8 minutes. So I said "screw this" and started running some.

At first I HATED it, I mean every little 2 or 3 mile run felt like an eternity of torture. After like 6 months I got used to it, and it was tolerable, but not enjoyable. Eventually I headed off to college and one time the treadmills weren't available so I said forget it and went outside to run. It was a massive change, the enjoyment factor went up by like 5. Running went from something I had to do to something I enjoyed.

Then I came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhuBRo-W35k and my mind was blown. The idea of running 4:40 miles for a marathon blew my mind. I wanted to run like that. Started reading about how to get faster and realized I had to run more than 3 miles a day. As I started increasing mileage I started enjoying running more and more. It became something I really loved to do and running high mileage became a foregone conclusion because not only did I want to be faster, but I loved running in and of itself.

And while 70+ mpw might sound like a lot, its usually not even an hour and a half of running per day. The key really is just running the right pace. 95% of people run way to hard when they go out to run. For instance if you can run a seven minute mile your runs should probably be between 9:15 and 9:45 min/mile pace. Most training runs should be legitamately easy at a nice conversational pace.

Puce
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Puce has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame

Re: Crazy dreams when you were sick?

EllyEve wrote:
My dreams are usually vivid, but when I slept, the images of the dream just seemed to ooze, "Please believe us! We're totally real!!!"

I fully agree with this. While I don't get any (more than normal) crazy stuff in my dreams when I'm sick, I have a pretty nice DR at those times. It may even go up from none to 5 dreams a night, which is pretty great.

Still not worth going through all of it when awake just to be able to enhance the non-awake part. sadblauw

Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame
LD count: 15

When I'm sick and lying in bed all day then I have these typical feverish dreams that don't make sense at all. But with the constant mini awakenings in between due to the sickness itself, it gets really hard to tell apart reality and dream for the time I spend in bed. But the dreams are just too nonsensual to be fun actually, plus the agony of the disease itself tounge1
But afterwards it can be interesting to review what my thoughts were about when I wasn't able to focus on anything with the power of mind itself, but had to just let it run.

motagota
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

about a month or so ago I went to bed with a headache/extreamly tired and ended up haveing a very good quailty obe/ld.

Again about 2 weeks after this I woke with a headache and decided to go back to sleep and again had a nice ld.

joyness Panda
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 2 semi-lucids

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

I'm sick right now and I had a lot of trouble falling asleep. My thoughts were all over the place lol. My dreams were a combination of day-dreams and real dreams. I closed my eyes, viualized some random stuff, opened my eyes and BAM, it's the morning !
I was half conscious when I dreamed, I KNEW this was all fake and in my head but I though I was only day-dreaming, but I wasn't >_>

Current LD goal(s): Learn to have a real LD in 2011 :)
togro
The Nuzlocker
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Maybe Two...?

God, one of my worst dreams ever when I was sick. I had a dream that was like a game. It lasted twenty minutes each, and you had to try to hypnotise people to go to sleep. After the twenty minutes, I woke up, and only a minute would have gone by. Then I would close my eyes, and the process would keep on going.

It was a long night.

Current LD goal(s): Talk to my Subconcious,
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

Odd, I've always heard of sick and fever dreams, but I don't remember any dreams from when I was sick. I suppose they're either normal as far as my dreams go, or I don't remember any.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Faith42
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

I don't remember hardly any either- the only ones I do remember are more blurry and random...

print