Technique for Better Dream Recall

Hey there :smile: I discovered a way of remembering my dreams in much more detail. Sometimes I go quite a while without remembering any of my dreams, but with this simple technique everything was so much clearer, every time. Just write down everything that happened in your day, right before you go to sleep (the last thing you do before bed). Things like where you went, who and what you saw, how you felt, things you learned, etc.

I can see the potential for this technique to help become lucid too. You’re dreams are a reflection of your waking life, so if you go over everything you did that day, you might be snapped into lucidity when something similar to what you wrote about your day occurs in the dream state. I hope this will help others struggling with the same problem :smile: (sorry if this technique is posted elsewhere on the site, I barely have any time to get online (so I didn’t have time to check) and I wanted to share this with others)

Cheers!
-Zoe

While I can definitely see how this would work (essentially you have to remember a lot of details from the past 16 hours or so, which trains your brain to do stuff like that), it’s going to be incredibly impractical for someone like me.

Just a simple 1-minute dream can take me several paragraphs to write down. There aren’t many on LD4all who write down their dreams in as much detail, lol. Doing my daily life would take me at least two hours. Thankfully my dream recall is excellent.

That said, it’s definitely a good exercise and if one has the time (or if one isn’t a stranger to the words conciseness and brevity).

I applied this technique years ago and I have to say it is very effective.
By the way, years after you can read the dream and have the images come back to you.
Instantly remembering the whole dream!
A very good tool when you have enough time to write everything down.

I’m doing that but just in my head. I’m not writing it down. Very effective tool. But I think the most effective tool is your own will and dedication too remember dreams.

I’ve also noticed that best thing is to be happy just because you’re going to sleep and just because you’re going to dream. No matter whether dreams are lucid or not. I use to had this feeling of happiness when I just started practice lucid dreaming, because I was happy that I could remember a dream or two peer night. And that’s exactly what you need, happiness for remembering dreams! :content:

I will definitely try this tonight!

I’ll do this, but just in my head. I don’t want to keep a separate life-journal, seems like too much work. I have very detailed dreams, but sometimes I have a few where I want my recall to be better.