Mother Language or English?

Hi

Im trying to learn how to become lucid and Im reading “Exploring the world of lucid dreaming” in english. But its not my mother language. And im asking myself when it comes to the point where im asking myself stuff like “Am i dreaming”. Should I ask it myself in english or in my motherlanguage? My english isnt that bad…but im not sure if its as effective as if i would talk to myself in my mother language.

Whats your opinion? Does it make a difference?

cheers

i do this in my own language, because i find it easiest for me to fully understand what im searching for :smile:

Hello

I am new to the forum and to the ‘concept’ of lucid dreaming, but I have naturally been lucid dreaming for most of my life. The way I see it is that it is not the words that are not important, rather the feeling behind the words (or the intent as most people describe it). Just repeating words to yourself will have no effect if you are not actually engulfed in the feeling of intent behind the words. So I think that it will matter not if you use english or your mother language so long as you are feeling the intent (in fact you probably don’t need to use the words at all if you can feel the intent without them, although for me at least it makes it easier to feel the intent after saying the words first). That being said, if you need to concentrate on the linguistics then maybe there will be little room to feel the intent in which case it will be better to use your mother language.

Hope this helps :smile:

I would also suggest to speak in your own language. Even though a phrase as simple as that is easy to comprehend, any native language is easier than a learned one to communicate and learn with.