Lost and Found

Hello guys and gals.
So… Diving right into the thick of it…
When I was a little… well not a little but much much younger I was introduced by a friend of mine to the world of lucid dreaming. Ok! It was 20 years ago… Ok? good.
Anyhow. I was pretty skeptical back then, doubting anything the crazy “dude” said about controlling yourself during the dream, visiting places you cannot imagine, explore your own mind and the boundaries of your conscious mind. But I said “what the heck, it’s only during sleep right? most of it…”
Ever since and up until about 10 (I think) years ago I’ve made it. Reached lucidity after a month of charting my dreams, exploring my wildest scariest realm of mind and not only reaching awareness during dreaming, but also gaining insight to a HUGE part of me that was dormant, pun intended - dreams. I haven’t been remembering any of them back then.
All was good and dandy until about 10 years ago…
After deciding to live more efficient - sleep 6-7 hours a night, study each day anything new (ANYTHING) , caring for my kids and proceeding to study for my first and then second degree, the world of lucid dreaming eluded me and finally poofed out of existence along with my sweet and horrible dreams.
I was now, once again, slammed with “lucid dreaming” and “dreaming” in general after a long “dry” period without almost any dream (well without recall actually to be technical) I now stand in front of a blank page…
I do want to get back to this but I’ve forgotten most of whats.

I need your help community!

Most of my day is in the office, in the BJJ gym and with my kids. I go to sleep at about 22:00 every night and wake at 4:30am to have two hours of ME time in the morning.

Do you think with this type of routine I have any chance of coming back?
What would you suggest me to do for starters?
What is the most convincing reason YOU want to recall dreams and to lucid dream? (be honest here :smile: )

Thanks in advance community,

<3

Heyo. Welcome back. My story is fairly similar to yours. I’m getting back into Lucid Dreaming after a 10 year absence. I’m quite happy with how it’s going as last night I had two lucid dreams and one was my longest lucid dream ever. I am now recalling several dreams a night. So it seems to be going pretty well. I myself and about to return to school and have a jammed-packed schedule. I figure lucid dreaming is a good hobby for someone with a busy schedule, because most of it you during sleep time.

I started taking vitamin B6 before I go to bed, keeping a dream journal, and doing RC’s once an hour. This seems to have been enough.

6.5 hours max sleep per night is really making it hard for yourself. If you are serious might be better to take one of the morning hours for LDing.

Recall dreams - interesting to find out what is going on in my head at night esp if they are good dreams.
Lucid dream - because it is possible. You can do stuff you can’t do in real life.

Hi Blucid,

You are not getting on REM sleep with only 6-7 hours on hand. LDing happens during that most important part of our sleep phase. The best thing you could do to change this is to keep a consistent 8-9 (Or however much you need) sleeping schedule in order to increase the chance of you producing an LD.