Consistent lucid dreams

Hey again,

I have read about alot of techniques and different ways to become lucid, but i have yet to find a way that will give lucid dreams every night without having to wake up in the morning. i go to sleep at around 9pm and wake up at 7am so as you can guess im pretty obsessed with getting good, and enough sleep. so i would prefer to not wake up in the middle of the night ruining a whole night of sleep every day. I do alot of reality checks, write in a dj and do alot of mindfullness meditation while im also trying to be aware in life in general. Is there any techniques or tips to get lucid dreams as often as possible without having to wake up in the middle of the night?

And for those of you who have had over 100s of lucid dreams, is it just something that comes naturally for you? or do you still do wilds and milds and all that? because i can imagine that its simply about having enough lucid dreams and getting comfortable? The reason i ask this is because im wondering if i should do wild and mild in the start even tho its not ideal for my habits and it will simply become easier.

Anyways thanks haha :smile:

Sometimes we wake up fleetingly in the night either between dreams or for a toilet break. Just use the opportunity to set the intention to be aware that you are dreaming.

I used to have lucid dreams regularly, about once a week. Most of those lucid dreams came from MILDing or WILDing in late morning naps. I used to have a schedule where I could nap in between a train or short work shift in the morning and the main work shift in the afternoon.

Now that the schedule is different, lucid dreams require more work. It helps to keep a regular DJ and read about lucid dreaming, just to plant the idea in the subconscious. Very few people LD every night. I’m a natural lucid dreamer, and my “natural” LDs (without consciously trying) come once every month or two.

You don’t have to do WILD—keeping a dream journal, doing RCs, MILD before bed, etc. can get you a long way. A lot of people approach it that way and don’t do WILD at all, so there’s definitely no need to, it’s just a matter of what works best for you. It sounds like you’re already doing those things, so I would just say like, stick with it and your frequency of LDs will probably increase over time.

I have LDs without trying every now and again, usually accidental WILDs during periods of sleep deprivation or after waking up in the middle of the night spontaneously. I don’t usually do WBTB much on purpose these days for similar reasons to you—I function really badly when I don’t get enough sleep, but I also have a hard time sleeping, so I’m pretty afraid of waking myself up in the night. I wake up spontaneously during the night pretty often and sometimes I can’t get back to sleep afterwards which can definitely ruin my day. Sometimes I try WILD when I spontaneously wake up like that, but usually my top priority is trying to fall back asleep at all, because it can be pretty hard. In any case, it’s definitely still possible to have LDs under circumstances like that; naps are a great way, if you have the time/inclination to take them.

I’ll second what Siiw said in that most people don’t have LDs every night, even people who have them frequently, so I wouldn’t worry that you’re doing anything wrong if you have them less often than that. I know it’s not necessarily everyone’s top priority here but I really think it’s worth trying to take pleasure in your NLDs as well :content: these days even when I do have a lucid dream my top priority is usually exploring the dream environment and interacting with the DCs, just because I’m so curious. I think if you can take an interest in your NLDs too it makes the whole process more fun and you’re less likely to feel frustrated/impatient when you don’t have lucids. Dreams in general are pretty fascinating I think.

1 Like