EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

Author  Message 
Obliverum
lucidly living
Astral Explorer
Obliverum has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 2018: 18

PostPosted: Thu 02 May, 2019  Reply with quote

its interesting to read about how everyone learned to LD!

i was originally counseled to learn because i suffer from chronic nightmares, and i eventually did some research and found they could be used for their own sake too. i like to take a proactive approach to dreaming smile

Current LD goal(s): learn healing magic

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
GeneralCoco27
LD count: ~80

PostPosted: Mon 13 May, 2019  Reply with quote

Happened to me multiple times spontaneously when I was a child. Didn't know exactly what it was and always tried to wake up. I found out you can completely control your LD by searching my ''condition'' ~10 years ago when I was ~18 years old. I managed to increase the rate of LD's by use of MILD and WBTB techniques and actively controlled ~10-20 them. I tried WILD many times, but somehow I can never fall asleep when staying conscious.

Current LD goal(s): Try SSILD
jamie.l

Gaining control of LD?
PostPosted: Tue 28 May, 2019  Reply with quote

I've only had lucid dreams a handful of times but I've never been able to take control even though I'm aware that I'm dreaming. How do you learn to control things?

Also, I've been trying to perfect my sleep patterns and found a sleep calculator(https://startsleeping.org/sleep-calculator  /) that includes age, which none of the other ones seem to have. Apparently that's the biggest determining factor. Is that true?

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 117

Re: Gaining control of LD?
PostPosted: Fri 31 May, 2019  Reply with quote

jamie.l wrote:
I've only had lucid dreams a handful of times but I've never been able to take control even though I'm aware that I'm dreaming. How do you learn to control things?

Also, I've been trying to perfect my sleep patterns and found a sleep calculator(https://startsleeping.org/sleep-calculator  /) that includes age, which none of the other ones seem to have. Apparently that's the biggest determining factor. Is that true?

Only thing limiting you in lucid dreams is you. If you think some action requires effort or might fail, it most likely will. Confidence is key. Remind yourself that nothing around you is real. Locked doors can be walked through, because they are not really there.

And about sleep timings. Those vary from person to person. Best way to learn what works for you is to just test different timings.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet

print