Current Wings Quest 125
Lucid School Exam

Diminished dream recall

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Magic Qwan
Obsessed Dreamer
Somniologist
Magic Qwan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 34-36

Diminished dream recall
PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2019  Reply with quote

As I mentioned before, the peak of my Lucid Dream success was in middle school, and now that I am trying to get back into the LD game, I face the roadblock of either just falling asleep and immediately opening my eyes the next morning without remembering my dreams or at most just remembering a vague feeling or a color. What is a good way to sharpen dream recall again, especially since my busiest time of day is always the morning?

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 112

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2019  Reply with quote

You need to teach your mind that recalling dreams is important. If you can't wake up naturally and without hurry to get out of bed, it's gonna be hard to recall anything. I don't think there is a shortcut to improving recall, you need to write anything you can down when you wake up and, when going to sleep, tell yourself that you want to recall more. It takes time for your mind to start prioritizing dream recall, but after it becomes a habit, your dream memories get a bigger priority tag and are easier to recall.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
DeRuyter001
Knight Banneret
Somniologist
DeRuyter001 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: ∞

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan, 2019  Reply with quote

So do we understand that you aren't practising any WBTB techniques or anything else which requires you to wake up before morning? Waking up at around the five hour mark gives you a launchpad for most of the major techniques, but it also gives you an extra chance to remember your dreams - a chance free of the worries of the morning routine.

If you are only remembering a colour or an impression, that's good! You are remembering something. Make sure you write it down in as much detail as you can, even if it looks a bit pathetic. Getting into the habit of making some mark on the paper of you diary, however small, is the most important thing.

I find that there is an appreciable lag between implementing some new dream discipline and seeing its effects. I was trying to incubate a dream to meet particular DCs last month and while I was not unsuccessful, I'm now finding that I see them in almost every dream, having changed my conscious goals several weeks ago. This lag is different for everyone and probably seldom the same for any individual, but if you stick with it, your recall will start improving, perhaps when you least expect it.

Current LD goal(s): Bring Respiral back to life!

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Magic Qwan
Obsessed Dreamer
Somniologist
Magic Qwan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 34-36

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan, 2019  Reply with quote

I have to get ready for work, but I remember sitting in albertson’s parking lot and watching some sort of military exercise in the parking lot, after which the military people started running track around the perimeter of the parking lot, and one guy with white shoes stopped running but kept moving around the track full speed. I made a comment to a dream character beside me that that was very unusual, and the dream character, who was a short guy with thick glasses and dark hair, just smirked and said “An object that’s in motion tends to stay in motion”. I’m not sitting at a table in the parking lot when previously I’d been sitting in my car. That was something else I found odd, but I shrugged it off. I then climbed on top of the store to check its shingles, and started pontificating how shingles are “Attuned to each person’s height and weight.

This is way more that I’d expected to remember.

Page 1 of 1

print