Lucidity failure troubleshooting

Author  Message 
Q17
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 0.5

Lucidity failure troubleshooting
PostPosted: Thu 28 Nov, 2019  Reply with quote

Reality checks don't work when I do them, I see that I have 12 fingers on each hand and I don't become lucid, Any advice?

Current LD goal(s): To lucid dream for an extended period
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 360
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Thu 28 Nov, 2019  Reply with quote

Hey there,

Reality checks have to be more than just action. We miss hundreds of weird things every time we dream. If RCs are just a mundane action you take, you'll miss those too. They key is awareness. I suggest you read this article which discusses the important of staying aware throughout your day https://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44009.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Q17
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

More issues
PostPosted: Fri 29 Nov, 2019  Reply with quote

I remembered more of my dream and now remember that I was lucid for like 3 seconds, how do I stay lucid; I tried looking at my hands but sank back into the mindless dream state, also how do I make my dreams more clear and less like a low pixel count picture? Thanks for the help by the way.

Q17
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I can't remember my dreams clearly

Any advice on how to boost your dream recall when you don't remember enough to dream journal?

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Here you go
https://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33195 Improving Dream Recall

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Q17
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Getting to lucid dreaming from sleep paralysis

every time I try to get into sleep paralysis I start vibrating and all my muscles spasm.
I theorize that if I can get into sleep paralysis during mid day at will I can either astral project or lucid dream on demand without problems, but I try to relax my body so that it can fall asleep and then, before sleep paralysis, my muscles spasm until I can't stay in my bed; people say that the feeling of electricity going up your spine is normal, but is being electrocuted and flung out of your bed normal? do they just tell us it isn't as bad as it is so we won't give up before we have started? Is putting yourself in sleep paralysis during mid day actually possible to do when this is happening? Please tell me if you have experienced this or have a way around it because it is impossibly uncomfortable. Every time I try I have what feels like a seizure. Please help.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 360
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Sat 30 Nov, 2019  Reply with quote

The muscle spasms you describe are not common. It vaguely sounds like PLMD (periodic limb movement disorder). Basically random muscle spasms in legs/arms during sleep. It can also happen while awake but it's less common. People with it also tend to experience leg cramps and/or sleep apnea. I have it, though not particularly bad.

The only way to get a diagnosis is by doing a sleep study. Basically, go talk to your doctor.

I don't typically use sleep paralysis to get into an LD unless I wake up in that state. I find inducing it unpleasant, and the dreams are usually no where near as stable as the ones I get naturally from within the dream.

Having said that, I do usually have my best dreams in the day. During naps my recall is much higher than over night, and it's easier to maintain lucidity as I fall asleep. I basically daydream my way into a real dream. It can take practice, but I learned to try to focus on scenarios I am more likely to realize I am dreaming in.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Q17
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Complete vs partial lucidity

How can I increase my lucidity from very very low to complete?

Q17
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Reality checks

How can I do reality checks that work in public? All of them involve doing something odd.

TheLabb

Re: Reality checks

Q17 wrote:
How can I do reality checks that work in public? All of them involve doing something odd.

I can't be sure if this would work reliably in dreams but there was this one on this forum which involved closing one eye and seeing if you can see your nose confused. Another one is checking your hands to see if you have the right amount of fingers :puh: , this looks normal if you just pretend you are looking at the time clock or something else. You can just use the nose one and pretend you are itching it. smile

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

I try to push an index finger into my other hand or a surface, it can be done unnoticed.
You can also expect something that is only possible in dreams to happen. eg see a unicorn

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com

print