Emotion sensations? Chakra locations? R they related?

I remember when I was a small child that when my feelings were hurt :sad: or I would sob :crying: often I would feel a pain in my throat.

What the heck is that?

Even today when I’m older I can feel that sensation during sadness. Where does it originate? What muscle or organ? Why does sadness affect it?

• Here’s another “emotion sensation”

If I hear a description of a very painful or gruesome event. I can feel a similar sensation in … my … “base chakra” location. The “base chakra” is located at the base of the spine.

Why in the heck is that?

It is an unique sensation? Not as painful as the first “Throat emotion sense” but not so pleasant either.

Why does imagining or hearing of very painful events trigger such a sensation?

Both of these “emotion sensations” seem to be common with all people I’ve had a chance to discuss this with. I’m not the only one who have felt these.

I once studied “Chakra’s” and “chakra meditation” to help me with lucid dreaming. I never gave much effort and without quick results I gave up on the whole ‘chakra thing.’ But I did learn about the locations, colors, and descriptions of each chakra.

Afterwards, Once I felt another “emotion sensation” I drew the parallel between chakra’s and these sensations. I’m curious if they are related?

I’m sure the chakra people will say they are. But what about non-chakra people? … kinda like myself

Why are our emotions released as pain in certain locations of our bodies?

Where is the pain and what makes it hurt? Is it a bone, organ, muscle or skin?

And to the chakra people: can all 7 of the chakra’s be felt physically like these sensations. What emotions trigger other chakra sensations?

Can anyone think of another “emotion sensation?”

… One more question. ??? Is there a doctor in the house?

:yinyang:

Yep,i can think of one-when i think about particular things my base chakra gives me very pleasant feeling:)
Actually…no thinking needed,simple sight will do.
But i never thought about that as chakra stimulation:):):slight_smile:

All the best
Doc Jack:)

I dunno much about chakras but check out www.spiritweb.com Pretty sure they have some good inffo on chakras.

I have the same experience with sadness. I also have it with stress (of course, I might just be feeling sorry for myself :content: ). I don’t have the base chakra reaction as far as I can recall, however. Do they feel similar in type? If so, perhaps we can say they are caused by the same organ (skin, muscle, etc) which I suspect is either or a muscle or a release of some chemical from a nearby gland into a muscle.

I don’t know anything about chakras, but I have felt physical pain which only happens with certain emotions. I have felt physical pain when someone I love says something or does something which really upsets me and a different pain when I feel fear. The upset pain is in my chest and the fear is in my stomach area. Is this the sort of thing you are talking about?

[color=green]

I know WHY.

You see, there is a regulator where the throat chakra is.
It is called the “cartiroid sinus” in medical terminology.
Doctors used to manipulate it with their fingers to slow the heart rate.
Thats one point, there is more. It is called ST9 or stomach 9 according to Acupuncture. As it is connected to The stomach, whenever you are upset/angry your stomach meridian is activated in a negative way.
It is also indirectly connected to the heart as a mu point (in a way).
Thus it also takes your power away. That is why. Arnt you happy?

*** Danger even mild strikes to the cartiroid sinus can caused delayed death!!! DO NOT PLAY AROUND WITH IT!***
[/color]

I’m not sure what you mean by chakra people and non chakra people but I feel things in mine too. Usualy the emotion will have a coresponding physical sensation in the coresponding chakra. Like if someone hurts my feelings I’ll feel pain in my heart chakra or if my personal power is threatened I feel it in my base chakra. This happened before I knew what the individual chakras were “suposed” to represent so in my world I say they exist. I try to meditate and keep my energy centers healthy and i find that it improves those areas of my life depending on which chakra I meditate on.

DreamAddict:

You’re first example (the tight knot in the throat) used to be quite familiar to me. I always just assumed it was a muscle contracting as a result of trying to prevent the pain from changing your facial expression. Think about it. The more I tried to hide the emotion, the more it would all end up in this throat area. I guess attempting to prevent your expression from changing puts some stress on a muscle here?

Your second example is foreign to me. I’ve never experienced the same kind of ‘pressure’ feeling in the lower back as I used to experience in the throat. I can’t actually remember too much about this feeling these days (I’m emotionally corrupted) so I havn’t had a chance to analyse it at recent.

My opinion is that Chakra locations have nothing in common with spirituality. I agree they exist, and I’m also certain science can explain exactly why particualr emotions trigger the involved muscles to cause the sensation.

I don’t think that just because science can explain something means it can’t be a spiritual thing. Spirituality means something different to everyone and to me it mostly means finding my true self and I think chakras can be a part of that. And I also think everything I believe spiritualy could be described scientifacly if we had the means but we don’t at this point.

That’s a good point, but as you said, spirituality means something different to everyone. In your case, these sensations represent particular emotions, regardless of how they work scientifically. I practise meditation for the purpose of reducing stress, and generally improving my understanding of the subconscious mind. I don’t consider this even remotely related to spirituality in any way, though I respect that some people do.

In the above post, when I referenced spirituality I meant that these sensations (in my opinion) can be biologically explained, and so don’t provide any link to what I consider ‘spirituality’. Try to note that everywhere I use the word ‘opinion’ (in two places so far this thread) it means I’m not looking for an argument.

Ok I wasn’t trying to argue or anything sorry if it sounded like that!!! :blush:
I was just saying that I dont think that there’s a definate line between what some people call spiritual and what some people call science. All I meant is that I think some things can be both. I think I’m kind of agreeing with you and we just have different definitions of the word. I wasn’t trying to be an ass sorry if I came off as one. :grin: I was just adding my opinion too from a different perpective.

Nah, no problem. I can understand exactly what you are saying, though I always thought the definition of ‘spirituality’ was somewhat contained. I know it’s not really useful throwing dictionary definitions at people, but spirituality usually means something associated with either a persons soul, God (religion), or supernatural behaviour.

Often you’ll see those things struggling against scientific explination, though a lot of people tend to forget that spirituality can also take the form of symbolism. For example, whether you believe in actual spirits or not, a lot of people like to treat their mind as a kind of icon, representing an energy source that defines who they are. They may not actually believe anything beyond the physical world, but they still like to use this representation to more easily identify problems with their life, or simply to manipulate the subconscious mind in some way.

Meditation is a great example of this. It teaches you to respect the various components that allow you to exist, treat them as one, and provide a nice way to monitor and maintain your mentality as a whole. I feel this is probably a discussion best left to a more appropriate thread, but it was good talking to you anyway. :smile:

Very good PhantomSpectre…very good info indeed!

:happy:

[color=green]
I know what the pain in your lower back is.
It is related to the throat because you have a lot of “fire” in the gallbladder. Most of the lower back has the gallbladder meridian running through it. Another symptom when you have intense backpain if this is true is your eyes stinging.
It could be your diet, too many “yin” foods (sweet/greasy foods) or it could be lack of exercise.
You may want to see your doctor.
If you have a history of gallbaldder/liver problems you may want to follow the western equivalent to flush stones from the gallbaldder, which usually consists of an ingestion of a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice.
For directions, please see a traditional chinese medicine doctor (tcm), acupunturist, to see if this is needed. It may not be that severe.
It could be that you just drink a lot of fluid with your meal, which makes it harder for you to digest your food.
Otherwise if you are unable to find a chinese doctor, see a western doctor to see weather it is of concern at all.
however if by base chakra you mean like close to the perenium, that is different.

Oh on another note, there are a lot of instances of when people have been struck straight in to Colon 10 (co10 on the forearm). The result is residual diarrea for a number of days. I have found that it is possible when striking straight down on the point, to cause a bowel movement right on the spot!
Ive found it to be an excellent way to pre-empt an attack.
They have to go to the bathroom!

[/color]