Became lucid......finally!

I’m so relieved/excited. After months of trying I finally gained lucidity, although it was only for 30 or so seconds. The thing is, I remember NOTHING of anything before I became lucid. All I remember is that I was in the mall with my friend, and I suddenly started to fly. I flew only a few feet off the ground for a few seconds before I landed again. It didnt seem strange at all. Then I suddenly realized “I cant fly… This must be a dream!” I got pretty excited but didnt wake up, thankfully. So I tried to fly some more, but could ony get up a couple feet before falling back down. :grrr: Thats when I thought back to what I had read on this forum, that you might need to pretend you have rockets or somthing on your feet so your mind will believe you have the ability to fly. So I did. And I FLEW!..then I hit the ceiling. I remember kind of curling up before I hit it because I knew I was going to hit it hard. Then I came back down and felt the need to really get somthing done in case I wake up and cant get lucid for a while. So I tried to find a girl :wink:. Unfortunatly, all I could find was some middle eastern guy. So I thought “Maybe I can kick him in the leg or somthing.” Because I REALLY wanted to do somthing, ANYTHING that I could. I remember very vividly that he was wearing a dark blue button down felt shirt, with lighter blue stripes criss-crossing on it. As I came up to him I remember thinking…“what If I start waking up???” Just then, it faded and I woke up.

I woke up probably because I had slept in and it was about 10:00, so I was going to wake up soon anyway. But I had gotten up to use the restroom, and get a drink right before I had the LD, so I guess you could kind of call it the WBTB method, but I really had no thoughts of having an LD when I went to bed again.

Oh well, im still VERY happy to finally have one :cool_laugh:

But heres my question that I forgot to add to my topic post: For all of you who have had lucid dreams for a while, did you find it easier to have your 2nd one after having the first one? Did they become easier to have?

Thanks

Nice One Beefmoney! There is noyhing quite like the feeling when one first becomes lucid. The knowledge that the hard work has finally paid off! :cool_laugh:

As for replicating that first success…It took me some time to have my next series of LD’s after I had the first one…perhaps this was because I was so relieved to have accomplished the goal of actually managing to become lucid, that I took my foot of the gas for a while, until later on I stepped up RC’s again. Then I started becoming lucid in my dreams or experiencing obe’s quite often. However I took my foot of the gas again and hadn’t had one for ages there, until I recently increased my focus on LD’ing again. To be honest I wish I had been consistent since that first LD, and kept putting in consistent effort.

My advice is to keep practicing exactly as you have been up to now, you must be doing something right! Just don’t slack of any, thinking that now you will have them easier. You still need to practice, as much as ever!
Ever forward! But congrats on your first LD…a cause for celebration, to be sure :cool:

Congrats! Let’s have a party for you! :wink: Keep doing whatever you’re doing to achieve your LDs. Don’t ever give up because you would have to start all over. I’m serious. Well, it doesn’t get any easier on 2nd LD, but once you have few of them, you will find that you will be able to maintain your lucidity better and learn to recongize the situations where you can lose your lucidity in. You might learn how to change your mind that everytime you dream, you will notice something unusual not just like, “Oh that’s just a dream. Let’s go on…” You will learn how to NOTICE it and say, “Oh it’s a dream! I’m aware that I’m dreaming.”

It is kinda hard to explain, but… I tried my best. :smile: Good luck to you! Don’t ever give up!

Yes!

Its sure easier to have a LD once you had it, after a while, i didnt even have to do reality checks and such… I now just know how a dream feels, it just feels different than being awake :smile:
[/quote]