Ideas to do in a Lucid Dream

i didnt mean to dwell on it but relive it and make it better, i think there was sumthing like this in EWLD

I dont think LaBerge would have meant to go back and punch someone or something. He would’ve said project feelings of acceptance or something.

Has anyone tried playing in any kind of sports? I often play soccer in normal dreams and I always remember it being pretty fun. And Josh, have you gotten any results from trying to have DCs remind you that you’re dreaming?

I try to have powers in my dream. All of them have failed. Weather, water, ice, wind, fire, electricity. The only success is with telekinesis. I wonder if I tried harder, that it might work. I have jumped of a building, I have gone to heaven, I have become a spirit. I have lived a movie ( Donte’s Peak to be exact). I have seen Chucky, the killer doll. I’ve died twenty times in my dreams. Darn for me. :sad:

DragonDreams :cool:

I havent had the chance to try it yet.

all my main characters in one of my novels came from dreams. The thing is being able to interact with them in dream (not LD unfortunately) it helps you to get into their psychi, really helps when writing about them. The odd thing i have found though is that deep down they are all apart of me in my subconscious and conscious minds.

I did find one bad thing, after i wrote about them i never had the dreams again :sad: which i sad because i actually enjoyed interacting with them, one reason i want to LD so i can request them in my dreams again.

Ah, telekenisis. That’s my biggie, which is because it’s also a confirmation test when i become lucid. Then, i wake up, or lose lucidity. Bah.
One thing i really want to do is meet my philisophical opposite, and take them down. I got this idea from a fantasy book, and i think it would be kind of cool in a symbolic sort of way.
Also, and i know everyone says this, but i want to try flying, particularly through new york city.

I might like to try flying through the halls at school. All the twists and turns, it would make for good practise.

Ok, because I have rarely had lucid dreams before in my life (getting back into it now, and hopefully will make good progress soon) I am going to list what i’d like to do as more of a goal for when I do get Lucid. :shy:

Peaceful Idea: Swim through the ocean like I was flying, on a sunny calm day and travel from one tropical island in the south pacific to the other.

Non-Peaceful Idea: I’ve had dreams before where I fought Martial Arts style against people for some unknown reason, which led me to think that a sort of Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter tournament type dream where it was me VS. an opponent.
Or even other variations of this sort of tournament fighting from different games could provide good ideas (pokemon, digimon, x-men?).
So many things to try. :cool_laugh:

Hey, remember my idea about looking for inspiration for songs in dreams, I almost did it! I had this LD, and just before I had been playing guitar and got this cool riff, but I wanted lyrics, so I said that if I had a lucid dream, I would seek out a rockstar and ask for their input. I found one, one of my favorite guitarists, and went to ask. He was working in a music store though, and I had to wait to ask him. Before long I lost lucidity, but I still remembered I had to ask a question of some sort.
Anyway, if that happens again I will be a little more forcefull, cause I wont be lucid for long.

What you were talking about about making a dream charecter and saving them in you’re subconcious to tell you that you’re dreaming next time you dream? I’ve tried that, and it actually somewhat works! During one of my first lucid dreams I walked up to one of my dream charecters and asked her if she could tell me if I was dreaming tomorrow night. She said “No, I can’t do that, you need normal dreams as much as you need lucid ones. If I were to tell you that you were dreaming, it would ruin the lesson they were trying to teach you.” Those weren’t her exact words, but they had something to that effect. But she has appeared in my dreams three times after that, telling me I was dreaming. Twice I ignored her, but the most recent time which was actually less then a week ago, she made me do an RC and I got lucid! I guess all it takes is practice.

Anyways, you know how you really need to talk to somebody about something, just because you need another point of view on it? But you can’t ask anybody because they either wouldn’t know what you were talking about or they’d think you were insane. In my LD I want to make a copy of myself, and discuss with her everything I need to talk about but can’t … imagine how much stuff you could reveal to … you. heh. :tongue:

Cool. Now that I know it kinda works it makes me want to try it more. And I feel more confident about it too. I cant wait till my next LD to try it.

Hey guys and girls I just wanted to try and bring this post back up to the top so we can get some more ideas! I love hearing all the things you people come up with and it inspires me to work on lucid dreaming. Lets hear some stuff you would like to do…or like doing in your lucid dreams…lets get creative :shy:

Here are a few of mine:

Start at the bottom of a really tall building like 60 stories and knock it over however you can. (no people in it)

Hold onto an airplane as its taking off and hold on for a fun ride…let go whenever you please.

Fly an F-16 fighter jetlike 30 feet above the ground…yes i know you can fly by yourself but still.

Run through a crowded football game arena naked and watch everyones reactions

Go to the center of the earth and see whats there…it’s not hot lava I promise!

Make creature combinations…like an elephant/cheetah combo?

Jump into a big screen tv

As you can see my ideas are running low and I was hoping you could come up with some really interesting things to try…Tellme what you want to try or like doing!
Th4nks!
J05h :wink:

i think that parachuting would be fun… and i’m afraid of heights! so, it could help me get over the fear and it seems like it would be fun if i knew i wasn’t in danger.

also, it would be fun to do some kind of training where you had a teacher that could teach you powers so you can learn them and use them whenever you desired from then on.

and… ummm… :neutral: i’m a guitar player and i’m in my own band so ideas from dream characters for songs and lyrics would be awesome!

that’s all i can think of for now.

thanks for bringing this back up to the top J05h, it is inspiring! :cool_laugh:

I would really like to morph into some animals, escpecially a wolf (hence the avatar) and would like to fly above a city at night while its snowing. That’d be one cool ride. :cool:

I would just love to take part in some epic scenes of some movies, like LOTR 2 for example. :gni:

Also, like strifer said, flying above some magnificent landscape with snow or easy rain (with the sun on the horizon).

I’ve read that some people use lucid dreams to practice things that they do in waking life. I play the clarinet so I’d take something that I couldn’t yet play when awake and practice it in a lucid dream. Then when awake I would try to play the same thing and see if the lucid practice helped. Also I would like to try to gain confidence of playing infront of people as I always get nervous. This probably sounds quite boring but I would be really interested to see if lucid dreams do help you to practice things.

Other things I’d like to try would be flying and exploring places that I would never be able to go when awake. Although I’m a long way off of doing any of this as I can’t actually lucid dream yet. :blush:

Good luck with all of your dreaming. :smile:

Hey Dragon,
You are right about being able to practice certain things when you LD. Steven LaBerge talks quite a bit about it in chapter 8 of his book “Exploring the World Of Lucid Dreaming”, I would recommend you pick up this book if you find it somewhere.

Here are a couple more random ideas:

Freeze Time and take a look around…or just make everything around you go really really slow motion.

Pick up a car (or 18 wheeler) and throw it like 60 yards in the air and have it come back to earth.

Have races with Fighter Jets but when you are not in the plane but just flying by yourself…I think the pilots would be like WTF! as they look outside of their cockpits.

Make a clone of yourself

Go to this website on a computer and see who posted recently

Put your hand through your head

See if you can pull your heart out of your chest…lol

Travel Back into time when they had dinosaurs around and try running away from and bunch of Velociraptors or T-rex’s

Stand on top of an atomic bomb and use it to catapult you into outer space at a high rate of speed

Take your head off your body and bowl it like a bowling ball

Play golf with tiger woods…sry I’m a golfer

Thats All I can think of right now. Write back if you have anymore ideas or have tried any of these!

L4tEr.
J05h

J05h

:cool_laugh: Great ideas!
So great that I just had 3 LDs where I got to try a few things.

I had 1 long LD that lead to a FA which became another LD, and then during my last LD I woke myself up to come post and share about it.

I initially wanted to slow/stop time but that seemed boring at the time so I wanted to try more active things.

"Pick up a car (or 18 wheeler) and throw it like 60 yards in the air and have it come back to earth

I was in a room with no car, but plenty of furniture. At first it was hard to get past the mental block that I couldn’t lift the furniture, but with some practice … poff I lifted it like a baby. I was impressed with how easy it became. So I started stacking furniture upon furniture. I would lift it high and then throw it across the room. … Great fun! :happy:

*“Go to this website on a computer and see who posted recently”

This was by far my most fun and interesting. The site instantly brought up the forum. But instead of the navgational buttons at the top … “intro, what, how, or take off” It was a same sized banner of gold. The banner read “Conscious One.” :cool: Cool! that I was! A banner of gold that reads “Conscious One,” even the dream’s version of this site kicks ass. I grabbed a note pad to start taking notes, I thought it would help me remember. I looked at the banner again to make sure it was what I read. Now it read “Conscious Coin” I rubbed my eyes and looked again and it read “Conscious New.” So I moved on to the next task. I tried to see who posted recently. But I wasn’t logged in … OF COURSE! Who logged me out? :wink: I went to log in and I seen that last person to use the computer’s username. I again tried to write it down. My first view it read “R11-146-122” I know it was “R11” something. 2nd view was 744-### or 747-###-### something. And I seen a third one but I can’t remember it. They all seemed to have the ###-###-### pattern. The # indicates an unknown number.

*“Travel Back into time when they had dinosaurs around and try running away from and bunch of Velociraptors or T-rex’s”

well … I traveld back in time to the 8th grade. We studied a little dinosaurs if that counts. :wink: While I was in class I couldn’t stop laughing. Everything was so real and I was suppose to be starting the first day of school in my science class. At the time, it seemed just like the actual day. Now that I’m awake I noticed some small minor glitches that don’t actually resemble IRL. While I was here I had fun “fooling” everyone that I was still 13 and I didn’t tell anyone that it was a dream. I just played along. It was hilarious! :cool_laugh: The teacher even started fussing.

*“Stand on top of an atomic bomb and use it to catapult you into outer space at a high rate of speed”

Ok, this was the most boring. Sorry. But if Saddam has any nukes I hope they are like the one in my LD. It was a cheap dud. I stood on top and it exploded but I barely flew to the ceiling.

I just woke from this LD. I wanted to quickly say thanks for the great ideas. I read this thread right before I went to sleep and had intentions on trying these few things, I’m glad it worked. I hope to read more of the thread later and try all of them.

Take-care!

Ha Ha !

I’m so happy that you got to try all of those out. I just made up off the top of my head. Glad they helped to make you lucid. I will think of some more and post them up. I was hoping that more people wold be posting some of their ideas, even if they havn’t tried them. COME ON PEOPLE i know you guys and girls are creative. lets hear some good ones im running low.

:wink:
J05h