Question about noise

I sleep much easier will noise around me, so I usually turn on a humidifier before I go to bed. I’ve slept with it on for years, because I’m so used to it. Will this affect lucid dreaming? Or will it actually help? Also, can ANYONE at all sometime become a professional with lucid dreaming? Thanks for any help

Mike,
I don’t know about your noise question, but yes I think if anyone puts there mind to it and works at it then they can become very good at lucid dreaming. Its just a matter of staying committed and motivated to taking action. The humidifier shouldn’t affect your lucid dreaming…unless it has a huge electromagnet in it? lol

J05h

Hey there, yeah I also sleep with white noise every night. I don’t think that’s going to cause problems for you… not for me, at least.
Now that you mention it, it might be interesting to experiment. I can fall asleep pretty easily without white noise, especially during the morning. I wonder if I could use that somehow to LD.
Peace, Ian

I can’t sleep in complete darkness or complete silence. There always has to be a little noise coming from anywhere. Once the radiator was making a really loud noize and I incorporated it into one of my dreams, it took a role of a disk that just wouldn’t boot and wouldn’t stop spinning. :wink:

Well I guess the noise doesn’t effect anything, because I had my first lucid dream last night! Last night was the first time I’ve ever tried it, too. Was this just luck, or can I expect to have many more?

Congrats on the LD :smile:
No, there are more to come. I don’t believe in beginner’s luck… I think it’s a matter of enthusiasm. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t have another one for a while. They’ll get more frequent with time and effort.
Peace, Ian

Noise is the absolute worst thing for me to encounter. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard a noise in my house and it has woken me up right in the middle of a dream. I’m a very light sleeper, and I have to be in a room that is as dark as possible.

“Sleep. Those little slices of death. How I loathe them.”
Edgar Allen Poe

I tend to sleep with a fan running in the background. It can be hard for me to fall asleep if things are completely quiet.

As far as professional LDing, maybe naturals can be hired by LaBerge for experiments? I don’t know about that one though.