an accidental discovery for dream recalls

Thats a pretty neat find you got there. I looked them up online and woah they cost alot, some get to like over 1,000 dollars. Which one do you have and whats a good cheap effective one? I figure they seem pretty neat anyways to clean the air and if they help with dream recall like you, thats double great.

Please disregard the ion generator. This is generally used for commercial type set ups. Instead, purchase an Air purifier with or without a filter. Mine is an air purifier with an ionizer pin. The filter is unimportant here. The important feature here is that it have at least one pin which when turned on releases negative charged ions which will join with positively charged particles such as dust, pollen, smoke, pet dander, dust mites, which form larger particles which are readily drawn to the ionizer pins. These ions are perfectly harmless. Air purifiers are sold for between 20 and maybe 200 dollars. A cheap one will do just fine. These are sold in many department or hardware stores and are quite common in many households. It takes very little electricity to operate. I hope I have not made this too complicated . Incidentally, again last night because the ionizer was on, I had all clear dreams. It is important to place the ionizer directly above your face area where you sleep, like about two feet above your pillow area so that the ions will fall upon your face while you sleep. If you sleep with another person in the same bed, that person will also begin to have clear dream s as well.

that indeed is an interesting find, i will deffinately be teasting it when i have some spare $$££ to buy an air purifier.

One question though, has this only worked for you or has someone else also had success. It could be more than the “ions” here, since you have allergies your sleeping body may have been having slight breathing problems when it’s not on and therefore you ANS was more interested in keeping you breathing than recalling dreams.

Sounds cool, wish i had a purifier :eh:

I am glad insane-goth, that you asked that question. I too was thinking the same thing. Therefore, I decided to test this theory out, not on people who lucid dream or have dream recall, but rather on someone who insists they never ever remember their dreams. I have a friend who is such a person. He is a heavy wine drinker at night after a full days work, and absolutely insists that he does not dream at all. Since I happen to own two air purifiers, I convinced him to allow me to mount one above his bed. Tomorrow, I will know the results. I will post it here. Most importantly, I will post the results no matter which way it turns out.

just a thought. it might be the wine that damages his recall lol. I will check back for the results tomorrow :smile:

Sounds like a great discovering. Maybe you’ve found something here…

But still, you should remember that there’s something called the Placebo Effect, which is when you BELIEVE in something so much that it works for you no matter if it really does or not. I see that from the very first moment you set up the experiment, you were set up on that the ion generator could affect your dream recall. Even if you didn’t focus on this point, it might have “sneaked” through to your subconsisous. As we all know, dreams comes from our subconsisous, and the subcons is very easy to affect from our consisous thoughts and ideas. That could have been the explanation for the effect.

Don’t misunderstand me, maybe you have really made a great scientific discovering there (run and call the Lucidity institute! :grin: ), but still you should have this effect in mind. Just my advice :wink:

hmm…

copious amounts of alcohol aid lucid dreams… copious amounts of alcohol aid lucid dreams.

I really need help here. Surely there must be some of LD’ers who own an air purifier with an ionizer, on this site. Could you plese try this experiment just once and let us know the results? Good or Bad. Thanks. Also, someone mentioned notifying the Lucidity Dream Institute. But I say No, because if it is a breakthrough, the credit must go to Pasquale. This website must cost Pasquale a fortune to operate, not to mention the headaches and effort to control so complex a site. This is not ass kissing. It’s giving credit and appreciation to a person who has devoted so many years and personal time for the betterment of us all. it is Pasquale’s site and her members that give so many of us hope and inspiration.

Last night just before bedtime, I had a headache and so I took two aspirin and then I couldn’t fall asleep. I forgot that aspirin contains caffeine, I tossed and turned in bed for two hours. Finally, being frustrated, I took three sleeping pills. I didn’t think the pills would make any difference with my dreams, but I was wrong. I slept so soundly that I had no dream recall at all in the morning. Now for more discouraging news. My friend who said he would go along with my experiment isn’t cooperating. He says he forgot to turn on the air purifier. Also , he seemed very negative about it this morning. I also asked some of my other friends if they would try rhis experiment, but they all had excuses and politely refused me. Even my own brother and his wife didn’t want to go along with it. They think I am a little quacky and implied that I have been standing too close to the microwave oven. But I am not giving up. I adjure any of you members here who own an ionizer to please try it for yourself , and let me know your results. Please be sure that the ionizer is placed above your pillow area so that the ions will fall upon your face while you sleep . This way you will be breathing ions into your lungs as well. Don’t place it to the side of your bed or it won’t work .

I want to do it but I can’t find a cheap one. If I look online them things cost like over 100 dollars. Can you tell us a good cheap one that we can find at a local store so I can start to try it? Or do a search for a good one to buy? If you find one I’ll buy it tonight and try tonight. My dream recall is very bad so if it made me have a clear dream recall then it actually works. I don’t think I ever had a clear dream recall.

Gee…xxshadowx…I don’t. Here in the U.S.A, we can purchase them from stores like Wal-Mart and others for under 100 dollars. However, I’d rather you not run out and buy one too soon until more results are in. I was really imploring those who already have one to assist me. Also, in order not to take up too much space in this website, I will report my results of 7 days, once a week , rather than everyday. I will however, reply to members who wish a response to a post, or want an answer to a question.

oh I don’t mind buying one, I think they are pretty neat. I need to buy an air freshner anyways, and I think I’d rather buy one of these instead. I always been wondering about how good these work compared to the sented ones. I kinda always thought in my back mind that they don’t work. Its just a good excuse to buy one. I’d even spend over 100 bucks if they work so well.

:grin: Negative Ion Generators for $10-$12:

sales.goldmine-elec.com/prodlist.asp?catid=23

emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/ioniser.htm

that site tells you how to make your own, with a lot of things you could find around the house. Obviously if you don’t have most of the stuff it would be cheaper to buy one for $10.

How Negative Ions Purify the Air
Virtually all particles in the air have a positive charge, while negative ions have a negative charge. In which case, negative ions and particles magnetically attract to one another. When there is a high enough concentration of negative ions in the air, they will attract to floating particles in large numbers. This causes the particle to become too heavy to remain airborne. As a result, the particle will fall out of the air, preventing it from being inhaled into the respiratory tract where it can trigger breathing and health problems.

The ionized particle will then be collected by normal cleaning activities, such as vacuuming or dusting. If the particle happens to be kicked back up into the air again, it will be ionized, and quickly settled out of the air once again.

In nature, negative ions are generated by processes such as sunlight, lightening, waves from the ocean, and from waterfalls. “Concrete Jungles” minimize the natural production of negative ions by disrupting the delicate electrical balance between the atmosphere and the earth. Surround Air Ionizers recreate them with electrodes (“needlepoints”) to electrically produce negative ions. This method produces a density (about 1,000,000/cm3) that is 10 times higher than the negative ion level found at Niagara Falls, the highest natural producer of negative ions and one of the healthiest environments in the world.

Surround Air Ionizers do not cause any of the drawbacks of typical needlepoint ionizers though. As a result, there is no “black wall” effect, erosion or wearing down of the electrodes, or any other “side effects”. For more information on this, see “Surround Air Ionizer Advantages”.

Other Negative Ion Benefits
Asthma, Allergies, and other Respiratory Problems and Illnesses. Many scientific studies have been conducted over the years (mostly in Europe and Russia) showing how exposure to high levels of negative ions drastically or significantly reduce asthma and allergy symptoms, as well as respiratory-related illness.

Studies have also shown a link between negative ion treatment and benefits for the following:

Migraine Headaches. Inhaling negative ions regulates the production of serotonin inside the brain. The overproduction of serotonin inside the brain is the cause of migraine headaches.

Depression. A study at Columbia University suggested that negative ion treatment is more effective than anti-depressant drugs such as Prozac and Zolof, and there are no side effects with negative ions.

Fatigue. The overproduction of serotonin (chemical produced inside the brain) also causes fatigue, and negative ions regulate the production of serotonin inside the brain.

Sleep. A study in France found that negative ionizers helped people to sleep better, by regulating the production of the chemical serotonin in the brain.

Mental Performance and Concentration. Several tests have shown people exposed to negative ion treatment perform much better in mentally-oriented activities than those who are not.

Physical Performance. Due to test results performed by Russian scientists, negative ionizers were always installed in the locker rooms and resting places for the Russian athletes.

Burns. Studies performed in one hospital found that burn patients were far more likely to recover more quickly and thoroughly.

I must admit i find this thread extremely interesting.I also suffer from allergy and ive been wanting a ionizer for long time now.
Anyways-i will be buying one soon so i sure let you know about the results.
I just dont get the part about the thing being above your head.I allways thought it ionizes “all” the air.
Oh,and one more thing-the one im going to buy works slightly different than usuall ones which cut the water with a fan.It hits the water with ultrasounds so theres no mist made of pieces of water but rather fog alike effect.I guess its still the same but i though id ask.
take care:)

Maybe this is how it helps dreaming too? if this were the case, then i don’t think u need it right above you so the ions “fall on your head.” Aren’t the ions airborne anyway before the stick to a particle and get heavy and fall? so then wouldn’t the only think falling on your head by neutral dust particles and stuff? idk, just thinking outloud.

Deathless one , I went to the url website that you recommended , and clicked into their search box, the words " Negative Ionizer", and sure enough there it was for only $10.95, all completely assembled. I have never seen an ionizer for so low a price. It even has four pins too. Amazing. Hats off to you Deathless One. Please please remember to mount it about one or two feet above your pillow sleeping area , so the law of gravity will pull the ions down onto your face. Not to the side of your bed, or it won’t work, even if you have a fan. I cannot emphazize this enough. And please give us your feedback results, OK? Lastly, I wish to also thank Insane–Goth for her recommended url for building one from a schematic diagram, but I think it would be best to purchase one already put together as most people may not be electronically skilled enough or have the time involved to build their own.

I got the $10.00 one with the 4 pins. I am sure it is no where near as good as the ones that cost like $50-$100, but i’ll post my results when it arrives in 7-10 days. :grin:

One more thing, if I may. While it is true that negative ions are subject to air currents and can be airborne, the reason I recommend it be mounted above your sleeping pillow area, is because you are more guaranteed to get better results with gravity helping you out. Also, many ionizers do not come with fans, and my personal opinion is that a fan may tend to blow the ions across your face rendering fewer ions onto your face and into your lungs. Breathing in clean air all night long, will provide an abundance of oxygen not only to the lungs, but also the bloodstream, which is why in the morning one not only has good dream recall, but a feeling of well being and freshness as well. I was very impressed with all the scientific information Deathless One provided for us. He is a fountain of blessings.