Help Getting the Girl part II

looks around for the FDAA

I downloaded the book… gimme e-mails and I’ll send em over.

But yeah, subscribe to that newsletter, no spam, but a lot of info. After a while when you start “getting it” most of the DATING TIP: titled ones are useless but Mailbags are always fun to read :smile:

Athiest: What I meant is that if you play off the shyness intentionally when you have confidence just to see if it might work for you, not against, is not a bad thing.

But yeah: Bond, James Bond is the way of the walk :happy:

I don’t have a girlfriend, and I never have. It just doesn’t fit with my utterly stereotypical lifestyle. This thread has so far encouraged a number of confessions from people who share your apparent shyness. It’s not uncommon. For me though, I don’t think ‘shy’ appropriate conveys my social condition. I find it uncomfortable to sit among (or near) people I don’t intimately know - let along begin or maintain a conversation with them. You can probably imagine this somewhat inhibits my ability to meet new people. I live in a small apartment, and never once pondered the idea of living with someone. None of this relates at all to my religious standing, it’s just an introduction.

For the above reason, I spend a lot of time by myself, or dazzling a bunch of imaginary people with my various daydream antics. I also spend what surprisingly seems to be an unhealthy amount of time contemplating religion, existence, and where I am in the grand picture. I say ‘unhealthy’, because so far I’ve only managed to degrade my enthusiasm for life with a series of demoralizing conclusions ranging from ‘life is pointless’ to ‘there is no such thing as free choice’. My brief attempts to share them with the members of this forum (among others) are usually met with hostility, and if often takes a drunken stumble through the night to properly explain it to a friend.

Anyway, that’s more or less why I’m not the right person to ask when it comes to dating. I look at people these days and I see robots going about their pointless ‘lives’ doing what they’ve been programmed to do - without even knowing why. There’s obviously more to it, but I don’t think this is the relevant topic to go into detail.

As for religion, I personally don’t believe anything exists outside what we can detect as part of the physical world. A lot of people were quick to dismiss this reality as simply one level of what is ultimately a multi-layered existence. There are 2 reasons why I don’t accept this idea. Firstly, because I (like everyone else) have not yet seen any evidence that there exists a secondary (and subsequent) ‘layer’ of reality. Secondly, I don’t see a need for them. Scientifically speaking, there is only one reason why you might theorize the existence of an unseen object or force - and that’s because something occurs which seemingly depends on the influence of said object or force. In this case, when I look around the physical world, I don’t see anything unexplainable that would merit any suspicion that there may be more to life than what we can detect with our 5 senses.

It’s a given that people will often refuse to believe that they are the insignificant result of a mostly chaotic system of meaningless events. Everyone wants to be special. They want to be reassured that everything they go through in life is all just the beginning of eternal bliss and paradise once they die. Hell, I know I’d like to believe that.

Atheist wrote:
“I see robots going about their pointless ‘lives’ doing what they’ve been programmed to do - without even knowing why”

Probobly because they just want sex, sex seems to drive our society these days. I guess when you think about it, people want sex so badly and are willing to do almost anything for it, and the damn thing only goes for about 5-10 mins if your lucky! :confused:
Maybe im wrong, someone say otherwise!
Me I don’t really care to much about getting a girlfreind (though my freinds keep grilling me about it and say I should) But I don’t see much point, if it happens it happens, meh.
At least I still have my Video Games! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA… you still here? :content:

That’s exactly right, Chronos. It’s just how evolution works. The animal that grows to desire sex so much is going to be the one that reproduces enough to keep it’s species alive.

Everything really is painfully clear if you just step back a bit and look at life from where I spend most of my time.

i can tottally understand ur phisophy Ath and quite frankly it has passed my mind a few times as well. I can also understand ur reason for Atheistism (?). I find the phisophy very depressing indeed, so i think i’ll just chose to follow my robotic insticts. Ignorince is bliss. And if you think about it, it may not only be sex drive, but love. There was this line in a SOAD song that got me thinking of this more so. “Need the ones you love…and, love the ones that you need”. Love itself, the meaning of life itself for many, could very well just be insticts. But, as i said before, i prefere to give in. Allow myself to be ruled by my insticts. Who knows, maybe the only way to prove urself as a true human being is to deny these insticts, thus showing that your more than an animal. I still think I’d be happier ignorant. And on the atheist thing, i prefer to be more agnostic. Agnostic=Optimistic Atheist. Sure there isn’t any proof for, but there is none for proof against either. And there is the fact of how the universe got started…
P.S. How the hell did this talk about “getting a girl” turn into theology. This always seems to happen… :confused:

Atheist, would you like to be one of those happy, unrespectful, programmed robots…?

Sometimes, it is a GIFT, not to be happy.

I would even say: “happyness is the worst thing that could happen to you!”

Not?

JJJ

glances quickly around the room, spots no one suspiscious
“Chosenone-, I got the info you got the goods?”
Casually bumps intp Chosenone- and drops a slip of paper reading Raging_Canadian@yahoo.com into his pocket and walks swiftly away

Is it small enough to actually send my email? I only got 3ish MB left in my mailbox.

I dont think the world offers enough sex, i know everybody wants it, but its so hard to get across someone even if they wanted to have sex with you. People are too insecure and fear rejection. Its sick, people are so dependent on sex, they go on the streets for it and pay. This is an on-going business, and who do I think is responsible? But what i am saying now, is that no one wants to be rejected, but wants passion too. Even females want sex just as much as men, but they dont give it up as easy, they like to use sex for a sense of power. And what i mean about power is, you’ll do anything to defend, help, or continue to keep your woman happy. You matter what it takes men turn into slaves. So i think females should cut a little slack and cut all the drama. (Disclaimer…dont take advice…offense…or ideas, thats just my opinion)

People paying for sex! What has the world came to?

:confused:tupid:
Whats has this thread turn into??? :confused:

For the lazy people lets recap:

• Hot girl I liked but I was shy
  • Attacking America
  • I got over the girl
  • Religion
  • Athiest’s philosophy on dating
  • Sex
  • Prostitution

So I read in the newspaper that prostitution is going high-tech. Almost pushing the pimps outta business. Hookers hooking up with guys in chatrooms. Except in Japan where pimps are embrassing technology and sending pictures of their women to the johns on their cellphones.

It really hasn’t come to anything - it’s always been this way. Prostitution is the world’s oldest profession. :neutral:

Well, when I saw Hookers on the point, it seems like a normal going routine business thing and they explain in detail have everything runs. They have it on America Undercover, and its sick they talk about the same customers they have, and explain what the customers want, they actually record the sounds of whats going in the caR. I think this is the 6th episode, so i dont know if this promotion or just flat entertainment.

Of course prostitution has been going on for years, but today it just seems like a normal fact to our society…O-well

Yeah well when you take girls on “real” dates and pay for them etc. all you do is pay for her attention. Tisk tisk.

Here’s the most simple form I can put it to: Imagine you’re a healthy, good looking girl. You probably mentally evolve to root out nearly instantly the majority who are boring wussies that have nothing better to do but call you all day and pay for dates.

Snowball effect resulting in catastrophe, wake up and smell the flowers.

Athiest: Hmm… “odd” lifestyle you have there. When I say odd it means I have a hard time imagining it since it is not my own, don’t take offence. Whatever makes you happy can’t be wrong, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone, and maybe your lifestyle is the healthiest of them all.

Sometimes I would.

Every day I’m surrounded by people who can’t see any further than their wallet. Their happiness depends on what’s on TV, and their philosophy on life presumably never even reaches the point of questioning the existence of God. They read the newspaper, and shake their heads at some meaningless political announcement - because that’s what they’ve been programmed to do.

Being happy isn’t about understanding life, or owning possessions. It’s not even about where you stand in the eyes of others, be it through honor, respect or appreciation. Happiness is a chemical released through your brain. Depending on how you grew up, this happens at different times for different people. Occasionally I would like to sit back, blindly hold my faith to eternal paradise upon death, and go about life keeping my thoughts within the guide rails of programmed life. I want to pursue those ever-important goals of any other mindless drone, and I want to pretend that it’s possible to live a worthwhile life, as defined by the standards of a being far above my comprehension.

But I can’t.

I question everything I do now, and look at things from space. I see organisms moving around and engaging in predictable activities for a purpose that, although defines what they are, still seems to be entirely unapparent to them.

And then, every other moment of wandering through… I’m glad that one day it will all come to an end. Maybe one day soon.

:sad: ack. Your turning depressing and suicidel…and worst of all…your losing your emotions…your becoming…VEREK!

Take Zoloft, i think that will make you happy COMPUTER BASED Human.

bah come on atheist you need a girlfriend whether you admit it or not- go find one! You’ll feel better if you find someone you love (I’m guessing here cause guess what I’m gonna be in Atheist’s position someday)

anyway

Atheist is a very dramatic writer, isn’t he?

(Thread has been morphed into preventing Atheist’s suicide)

(Hey Canadian I wasn’t following this thread since like… a long time glad to see you got over it

You sound like a depressed me, first off it’s just as foolish as the sheep of our society to deny basic human emotions and to consider yourself higher than them. I relize that you can’t be materialistic in life or let your ballz dictate descisions, but I certainly won’t deny that my body craves it. To deny our cravings is to deny the very thing that makes us human. Now granted, you might just not like people. Heck I’m the same way, although I relized it’s fear that partially holds me back subconsiously. I may perfer to be alone, but when I don’t want to ask soembody a nescesary question, it’s fear. As for sex, no reason to deny sexual intercourse. On the other hand you can’t let it be a Important matter in life. There has to be a balance to everything in life. IMO, I believe we are on earth to learn everything about life through experiencing everything. To gain wisdom and anwser the question:“What is the meaning of life?”. after that we eventually joing with the universe. I went from aetheist to that mainly becuase it makes sense and requires nothing. Our brain has a religious part to it and to deny spirituality completely is shallow like those who only see the people based on their appearance. It feels great with a agnostic religion and you don’t even have to do anything! Since I plan to learn wisdom, I basically just have to live through life wisely and learn. Given how humans are not perfect, I can make mistakes and do evil. As for desires like murder and violence…Thats what Video games and LD can sovle :grin:. All the harmless violence I could ever want! :wink: . Hell make up your own religion or just believe in the goodness in the hearts of men. Trust me it will help!

Also aetheist, do you masturbate? Becuase if you do, then it’s quite ironic that you deny the falling in love game becuase Maturbation invovles the same sexual desires that fuels love. It’s certainly much easier to masturbate to a pictuire of as girl with a background story I can relate to than some random picture of a girl.

Well back to the main subject, I was in a similar situation as moose although I’m not one to put anything on the line for a girl. I think would find it a hassle to get to the main goal :cool:. Well finally i found one girl who happened to LD and liked the same interests and unfortunely was just as Shy as I was if not more so. I figured this would be easier, but cracking a smile out of a shy person is hard as hell unless you tell a joke! Well I tried to get over my shyness by having a LD and practicing asking her out since I needed to make up for lack of dating exprience. Unfortunely all my LDs happened to be short and made me forget the initial goal! I didn’t make it by the time the school year ended, but I have my senior year and a descent car too! :cool: I gotta have a lucid dream where I overcome my shyness, becuase I sure as heck ain’t going to a physcotherapist after that quack tried to send me to the nut house :grrr: .

Well good luck

Yeah Athiest, don’t try to deny what you do with women in your LDs :tongue:

For god sakes don’t insult him HELP HIM!

Sleepy: LDing is all I need for that little need for “Spirituality”
Isn’t masturbation a “sin”?
Don’t screw your chance over you’ll regret it