End Of Evangelion, Disappointed...

Just wondering has anyone seen the movie “End Of Evangelion” which is basicly a remake of episodes 25 and 26 of the Neon Genisis Evangelion series, the fans thought the origional ending sucked hard so they made another.
Personally I think this one’s ending is even worse! It’s so depressing and ends without hope…
And im still a bit confused (Yar! Derr be some spoilers ahead matey! Argh!)

Did everyone choose to become LCL, or was it’s Shinji’s choice? I thought that when you see Shinji in his mind strangeling Asuka, I think he made the choice that he hated all of mankind, and wanted to destroy them.
But then when he is erm… with Rei he decides that he wants to have people near him?
And all those relationships never really where solved! Shinji and his dad never made up.
Also, this may sound dumb, but is Shinji’s mother the soul that inhabits EVA-01?
I need answers! Im pulling my hair out here! :grrr:

I’ve seen EOE at least twice, and yet, I don’t actually remember anything about it. Sometimes that happens to me when there’s Anime involved - must be incompatable with my brand of reason. Anyhow, I certainly agree that the final episodes of the Eva series were somewhat poor. In particular, I didn’t enjoy the “self discovery” episode at all. You know, the one there Shinji spends the full 22 minutes trapped inside his tragically distorted war-induced insanity.

“I am me, and I am everything! My mind creates what I am, but I see what my everything you see create train forest Katsuragi see hear brain illusion life spell! ^_^”

Ok, a slight exaggeration, but there really wasn’t any sense behind it. If they wanted to portray what it’s like to be insane, they did it right. :wink:

I was hoping the last 2 episodes would have great mech battle action, but it would appear that the director has mearly used the Mech battle action to lure us into his arty self exploration crap! I mean Shinji exploring his mind doesn’t tie in with anything else in the series really, the last episodes seem to come outta left feild.