How many of you write a dream diary? (new title)

Whats that?

Shift.

If you hate writing so much why don’t you just write down the basics.

Use keywords and draw pictures to illustrate anything you’d like to remember. Writing in your own personal dream journal doesn’t have to be read by anyone else but you, so don’t be too hard on yourself.

Keep it simple.
Use crayons to draw silly pictures that resemble dream events.
I personally never write out whole sentences in my journal (when I find time to write in it at all), instead, it’s full of notes and drawings.

:tongue:

Thats a neat idea. I have to point out, however, that I have nothing against writing, just writing manually with my hands. Perhaps that was what you meant anyway, I’m not sure. Drawing pictures is a great idea. I do a lot of drawing just using a regular pencil, maybe I could do some sketches of the dreamscenes. That would be killing two birds with one stone; I’d improve my artistic skills and be keeping a DJ at the same time!

hi there , well i still write in mines, but its also great fun looking at those you created all those years ago.

I have that same problem, acutally last night I used that technique and it work!! I was sooo happy that I got to remember a dream, it was stupid but im getting there. I can’t wait 'til I get to LD.

happy dreaming everybody!!! :biggrin:

"Quote:
glass trick

Whats that?"

I would like to know also.

Basically the glass trick is this:

When you go to sleep, take a glass of water. Tell yourself what you are doing (I am going to sleep and I am going to dream after I drink half this glass of water) then drink half the glass. Then say something along the lines of ‘when I wake I am going to drink the other half and remember my dreams’. repeat the second part when you wake up in the morning and your dreams should hopefully flood into your mind :happy:

Whoa never heard of this technique before. Does it really work? I gótta try this… :smile:

It’s helped me remember my first dreams in about, oh 3-4 years. So I’d say it works pretty well. Once I got lucky and remembered 4 Dreams from one night. 2 in pretty good detail and 2 in low detail. Hehe. Most nights I just remember one to two though.

There’s a problem of privacy if you keep a dream diary(unless you can write it in code). If someone read it - they could find out your most secret thoughts as the symbols in dreams are too revealing.
Normally I can remember quite a lot of my dreams and think if they are importment enough hopefully I won’t forget them.

I only write down dreams that I thought were weird, and I only right down keywords like “Blue” and “Pins” when I look at that I instantly remember, “Oh yeah that was that dream on the beach where I had to search for pins in that detective agentcy!” (Don’t ask)

I’ve had one long time before i started to get into lucid dreaming.
I have 7 years worth of dreams In 12 note books.

Well, it’s been 3 months and keeping a dream diary has had dramatic effects on my dream recall. It’s also great to just go back and look through it to see what was on my mind.

I hope you get a ld soon Xenesis. The wait will be worth while and in the meantime you can discover a lot about yourself from your dreams.

I have a Dream Journal. I keep it under my pillow, and write as soon as I wake up. I find that if I start writing down the parts of my dream or dreams that I remember, the rest slowly comes back to me. Another tip for the people who don’t like to handwrite is to draw pictures. This especially helps if your dream takes place in a location that’s unknown to you. Just draw a blueprint, and as you name the things that were around you in your dream, you will remember what happened when you were near them. :content:

Ooh. That’s a good idea. It’d do me well to remember that.

Moogle, that privacy issue would be a big problem, especially if you’ve got little kids around… so I use abbreviations that only I can decipher and stuff. If I want to say “Had sex” I would probably use RPRDCD (Reproduced) in my written journal. Then later I can remember that I used that stand in and eventually transfer it to my computer passworded journal. If I want, I can have it encoded many times with many passwords, but that would take a long time.

Er, am I wierd? :shy:

Anyway, keeping a DJ is a really good idea. Were you just asking for a very long thread when you started it? Lol, almost all the beginners have to use a DJ extensively, the advanced people write down keywords, but a DJ is for everyone, as it expands your chances of LDing and Dream Recall. Plus, like everyone else says, it is really, really fun to re-read your dream journal a few months or years later and suddenly recall a dream you’ve forgotten. Plus you see how screwed up your mind is.

And WHERE do you get that Scanner Recorder Codec?

i dont write but i remember still

I started a dream jounal three weeks ago. Before then, I rarely remembered my dreams. Since starting the DJ, I’ve recalled almost one dream a day and had 1 LD two weeks ago. I make a list of my dreamsigns in the back of the DJ and check that list every night before going to bed.

I skipped writing my dreams for the summer after two years keeping a diary cuz i have too many duties right now.My dream recall dropped,not drastically but still.Im going back to it as soon as possibile i have allways enjoyed it:)