the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic III

Hey BuLLeT-Pr00f, moogle, Ashvura, TechnoDreamer…

Don’t worry you guys will get better at it… LDing for most people needs a little practice and patience. At first I thought I was stuck, then I had the best LD I’ve ever had. It just keeps getting better and better over time. It’s sort of like a long term investment that matures over time. Well, I’ll stop ranting now and let Firehorse, Jack, and DM7 (whoever makes it here first mwah mwah) do their jobs. And FireHorse, as a special request, please rhyme all the welcomes you can :grin: that’s a great idea hehehehe

Thanks! Yea, sometimes I can get a bit frusterated. But I’m gonna keep trying and I know eventually I will have more success like you guys :wink:.

Hi moogle,
There are a lot of tips around the forum designed to prevent premature awaking, I usually just look at my hands, simple but effective. Even if nothing works well, your control will improve over time regardless. Good luck! :alien:

Hey BuLLeT-PrOOf,
Welcome and I hope to see ya around too! :tongue:

infection0,

Even though, I can’t do
Exactly what you asked me to

I have something else in mind
Since you’ve been so very kind

So, keep your eyes peeled, and you will see
something appearing soon, for you, from me :wink:

hmmmm…
ever considered becoming a poet?
… or a rap artist? :cool:

By the way I love the link to the site from emails , it really makes life simple.
Thanks for the encouragement infectionO I read somewhere on this site that staying calm after realising ld is the key. So I might try deep breathing as in relaxation techiques and maybe shutting my eyes for a moment? What do you guys think?
Hello Firehorse hope you give me lots of advice in the future.
Hi Ashuura (hope I spelt it right) you seem to be way ahead of me. I don’t think I’ll ever get a wild. :sad:
Hello BuLLeT-PrOOf and Luminar we seem to be at nearly the same level it will be fun to see how we get on and share our news :smile:
Well I’ll go and visit another page I may see you there.

[b][color=blue]hello! :wiske:

im new here too. im je4ssica, age 17…hobart, tasmania, australia. ive only had one lucid dream so far but it was so fun!! i hovered for a bit, then i stood in front of a mirror and changed what i was wearing with my mind. i managed to try on lotsa cool stuff that way!

anyways hope to see y’all about the place…
hugs, PhUNGuS :alien: [/color][/b]

Hi phungus :smile:
you’ll find this site is really friendly and helpful. I’m impressed you’ve managed to hover. Have you tried to fly yet?

Hello all. Welcome to my first post!
I started having brief lucid dreaming experiences a couple of years ago, and not knowing what the heck it was. Most of the dreams were heavy on hynogogic imagery, like I’m just wandering around inside my mind taking in the show; a little scary when you don’t know it’s a common experience for many. Most of the time these were WILDS and were very brief. During one, I materialized in a room where there was a table in front of me, and sitting on the table was a vase of flowers. It was very clear, and I stared in fascination at this very vivid image, aware that it was a deam scene. This was a brief dream, but when I awoke, I shot out of bed with an incredible enthusiasm, straight to my computer to Google for some answers!! That day I discovered all about Lucid Dreaming, common experieces, some Web sites with enthusiasts, etc.

Once I knew about other’s experiences by reading many descriptions of lucid dreams, my own LDs began to mirror those experiences to include flying, the appearance of DCs, my first MILD, etc. I think it can’t be stated enough that a lot of what shapes your LDs is your expectations.
I’ve been lurking around here for a while and am amazed many of you are so young. I’m 47. I wish I had discovered LD when I was 14!

Hugs to you too phungus, and welcome to the forum! :alien:

Hey Artie J,

With the new age extension tweaks being developed by the genetisists, at 47 you will soon be considered only a tadpole. Just think, another 140 years of LDing! (if you can afford the tweaks). Glad you’re here. :tongue:

Well, at 140 years, surely I can find a monthly plan I can afford! :grin:

:beer: Hello I’m glad I’m not the only one over 40. I’m 46. Welcome to the forum. I wonder if there are any more of us here?

:smile: Welcome Moogle and Artie J :smile:

iam 38…lol…not so much oldies here around :wink:

Jeff

Hi everyone. My name is Matt, I’m a 14 year old boy from the USA. I got into the whole “lucid dreams” thing after my best friend told me that she had been having them for a while. I discovered this site, and now I hope to be able to help her learn more about this, and hopefully learn how to lucid dream myself. :smile:

Welcome Matt :smile:

I hope u have many lds soon and tell us all about them;)

Greetz,
Jeff

I’m new here too…Heard about it somewhere else on the net, been trying for 3 months, only have a possible 1/2-LD.
Bah.
I’ve been keeping a dream journal…
I guess, I need to keep working at it! :cheesy:

Hey people! My name is Joe and er, this is my first post on the LD4all forums. Hi! I’m 14 and come from the UK. I’ve read everything on the site now and I figured the only way to find out more about lucid dreaming was to sign up to be forums, so here I am! So far I’ve only had 1 LD in my entire life, and it was only like a minute long :grrr:. Hopefully soon I can change that and become a ‘pro’ lucid dreamer! :grin:

Cya round
Joe

Welcome Nazca and Dezolator :wink:
Lets hope you two have soon loads of lucid dreams :smile:

Jeff

Hi BreakDancinCow,
This is good place to learn, welcome! :alien:

Welcome Nazca,
Yes, keep working at it, it will happen! :tongue:

Hey Dezolat0r,
You are on your way! :mrgreen:

Ooh he seems in a hurry. He didn’t even bold their names. Oh well, I never liked the bold anyway. Er,

Matt, Joe, and Nazca,
Each of you has an opportunity to be ahead of most beginners. Two of you have had LDs before, but don’t be fooled if you weren’t thrilled. They get better. Much better. And Matt, you might want to ask your friend for some inspiration. Having a friend in real life is better than having these forums because PEOPLE POST TOO SLOWLY! I HATE YOU SLOWPOKES! Anyway, I will recommend the same thing I recommend to all newbies: WBTB with MILD. Go now, look for those two around those sticky forums. Sticky forums are good for those who want to learn. Except the FA forum. I think that’s kind of wierd to be sticky. Erm… Welcome and good luck. Oh yeah if you ever want to get inspiration or want a good read go for the Dream Diary forum. I’d recommend Tripper’s, Atheist’s, and some other people I forgot. Meh. This job is harder than it looks especially if you babble on and on.

Hello.
My friend told me about this place, I’d always had lucid dreaming as something I wanted to work towards, but I’ve never really done much work on it.

It looks like I’ll be able to find some help in this here.

I’ve never had what I’d call a fully lucid dream, but I have many flying dreams, and I can always with some effort consciously control my flight, even though I can’t control much of anything else in the dream, and don’t know I’m dreaming.

hopefully I’ll be able to stick to the dream journal I want to get around to starting soon :razz: