3rD PERSON PROBLEMS>>>>>>>>?

DOES ANYONE HAVE PROBLEMS HAVING LUCID DREAMS BECUASE THEY BOUNCE FROM 1sT TO 3rD PERSON???IF SO ANYONE KNOW HOW TO STOP IT??? :eh:

No need to shout, we can read you just fine. :smile: In LD hunting, things that always happen in dreams are good news(except waking up).

Most easily you could try to use it as a dream sign. Whenever you see yourself from 3rd person like in a reflection or a picture do an RC. Likewise RC when doing something explicitly 3rd person such as when you view TV,a lecture or a game(also if you ever eavesdrop on a conversation). This could be done with the Reality Test below.

Seeing yourself from 3rd person in a dream is slightly different from person to person. As you go over your dream report try to really remember how it felt to be a detached observer and to be switched between the perspectives. During the day make it a reality test to imagine your current situation from third person with the same feel as your dream. Once you’re in the mental/emotional setting, imagine becoming lucid and taking control of yourself(either by swinging into your body or not)

You may feel that you can’t control yourself from a 3rd person perspective (hereafter 3pp? I hate to add to the acronym heap.) but that is not neccesarily so. I’ve read many reports of LDs this way. I’m sure if you feel the need, when you start getting lucid you can “will” yourself back to 1pp.

Well, why don’t you use that as a dreamsign? I mean it not very likely that you’re going to be looking at yourself in 3rdpp in real life, so it must be a dream. And then once you realize its dream dream do what Cloudhelmut said and try to simply will yourself into 1stpp.

Ah yes, i have had these 3rd person dreams on occasions. They are exactly like watching a movie for me. Most of the times they even have some sort of cliche movie plot. :wink:
As above, just try and use it as a dream sign.

I had a dream like that two nights ago. I was at a barbeque or something, but i wasnt participating, i was just watching…and i wasnt me…if you get what i mean?? anyways, towards the end of the dream i jumped back to myself again…it can be sometimes annoying when this happens but i dont really mind it :content: