New lucid dream induction device - Design ideas?

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am in the process of creating a lucid dream induction device similar to DreamFlasher/Nova Dreamer. I was wondering what features some of the members on this board would be interested in? As of right now the device will not detect REM sleep, you have to wake up after a dream in the middle of the night and put it on, it will then delay a user specified number of minutes and then flash a pattern of LED’s (a user selectable pattern and intensity) for a desired amount of time. The device would look like a sleep mask and be completely self-contained (nothing to plug in the wall like some other devices). I haven’t decided on what I am going to do once I get the prototype working, either post the schematics, sell it as a kit to build, or assemble it myself and sell it, or all three! Either way it would probably not be very costly. Are there any other features you would like to see in the device that I am missing? Thanks for the help!

-Dave

Id be happy to buy such a toy is its reasonable price.I cant afford nova dreamer or its clones,but i sense it would help me in some ways.
I have both hands left so id use ready to use kit:)
Hmmm…what features?
Id like it to be portable so u can carry it with you when you travel i.e.
I wouldnt like if it has too many wires or easy to break.
Its kind of simple thing so i dont think there are any special features needed.
I wish it was sending an image of pretty girl instead of those stupid red lights but i think id be asking too much atm:)
good luck on your quest:)

Hi Dwax,
I built a ‘dream machine’ as I called it over 13 years ago, before any were on the market, I should have patented it I’d probably not be so poor now!
I have a Nova Dreamer I bought 2nd hand about 8 years ago and I can tell you the rem detector is very simple and really makes it much more effective, it works by the same simple infra-red emitter and detector that they use in outside lights that automatically come on when you move about, it simply looks for any change in the reflected infra red light, you can buy the emitters and receivers from any hobby electrical suppliers. and you only need it on one eye.
Good luck,
Trev.

LOL It seems there are suddenly a lot people making novadreamerlike devices. I guess the guys from Lucidity Institute are becoming very nervous because the competition will undoubtly lead to much more decent prices. :content: However I would advice to add REM detection, I have a novadreamer too and I it’s already pretty difficult to see the cue with REM detection. Anyway, good luck with your project :wink:

yeah REM detection would be great. I think the nova dreamer is a good thing, but it’s simply too expensive! The cheapest I’ve found were 260 Euros (~ $301.15), the most expensive one was 400 Euros! (~ $463.31)

So, a not-so-expensive alternative would be really great :smile: