strange brew...

Hi fellows!

Yesterday evening I made myself some tea, out of artemisia vulgaris (mugwort) and mint tea. The result was a very dark, nice tasting brew. When I layed down about 1/2 an hour later, I saw hypnagogics come much more faster and vivid than normal. I felt like being in other worlds with one leg; not just images were interesting but especially my thoughts. They were mostly totally bizarre, made out of very absurd combinations and constructions.

It was all like doing wild and having good hypnagogics, but then almost instantly!

I had some troubles falling asleep, because this all made it a bit uncomfortable. After that, I had a whole night full of vivid dreams. I think especially the artemisia (known to and used by wiches many centuries ago in their ‘magic potions’) is very powerful to our dreams.

JJJ

At first I thought this was about the movie Strange Brew. That was a very funny movie eh. hahaha
But seriously that sounds cool. Is there any special way of making it.

I just picked some leaves from the side of the road (this plant grows everywhere) and dried them. Then, I put some of it in a cup of hot water, which I kept hot for about 20 mins. Then, the tea had coloured dark. After that I put a bag of mint tea in it, waited another few minutes and put the tea bag and the leaves out of the tea. Then, I drank it.

Thanks for the recipe. All I have to do now is find that plant.

Is the same plant commonly referred to as wormwood?

No! not wormwood (artemisia absinthum) but mugwort! Wormwood is the infamous ‘absinth’ plant.

Here is a pic, I am pretty sure they grow almost everywhere in large numbers! search the net for more pics! I’d like soime people to try it, because I am very interested in what they will experience!

JJJ

Ah! The camouflage net I ordered JJJ Thx! :grin: :grin:

Jeff

:grin: :cool_laugh: :peek:

I also tried mugwort about a week ago. Took one teaspoon full of dried and crushed mugwort and boiled for like 5 minutes. The taste of mugwort tea is nothing to long for, I guess I am adding the mint next time as jjj suggests.
Anyway, I fell asleep quite fast (as I usually do), but I think I woke up after every single dream I had, ending up with 5 dreams in my DJ for a given night. It is quite success compared to one or two from other nights.
I think mugwort is an interesting herb to try, but I would recommend to gather some info first before using it. The plant contains poison called “thujone” as wormwood does and it might be dangerous using it for a longer period of time.
I am now trying some camomile tea. Maybe it doesn’t give LDs, but helps sleeping anyway :smile:

Happy dreaming everyone!

jtk

Mugwort is Artemisia vulgaris, part used are the leaves and flowering stalks best time to gather is July to September.

Trev.

Good ol’ absinthe. I wonder what that can do for dreams?

Yes… It is the same stuff that makes absinth work. I think the alcohol makes it a bit different. Some artemisia absinthum tea would be interesting though!

do you know how to prepare absinthe, is it easy? how is it done?

Hehe wrong forum maybe?

I think you will find a good recipee on many places on the internet (erowid.org maybe?) ; I think it is just a case of putting absimthum in a strong alcoholic drink (pernod historically I think) and waiting for a while…

It is said to be very dangerous to the human brain when used regularly, and it is very addictive also, so look out a bit!

JJJ