the big OBE topic

Good points you all bring up. Having experience with OBE, my opinion is that it CAN be real, but that sometimes, probably even a majority of the time it is not. I have had one, maybe two OBE experiences but they were both incredibly short. My opinion is that with a great enough amount of concentration you can leave your body and travel in this world, and go to a friends house and see what is in their room. The problem is that this level of concentration is very hard to reach let alone mantain. That is why my experiences were so short because I lost concentration quickly. It is also interesting to note that after one of these experiences I went directly into a non-lucid dream. So many of the OBE’s that people talk about could have started off real but then they lost it and went into a dream, explaining all the weird stuff that goes on.

“My opinion is that with a great enough amount of concentration you can leave your body and travel in this world, and go to a friends house and see what is in their room.”

If its travelling in a dimension next to ours you will be never sure if what you saw was really happening.The senses of your body are shut…but when having Obe/ld you percieve world using your brain:u can see colours of the sound i.e.In a way u can say you see far more and know more.I think this is why we see those worlds as unreal…an in my opinion…if we still had our normal senses there…would be nothing extraordinary in a dreamworld/dimension.
In the mentioned room you very likely to see heaps of things u dont see in real life…i.e traces of old furniture,more or less real.
Its so bad and frustrating we not able to say what percent of reality is there.While having Obe we are very close to our world so i guess the border between them is quite wide…in the middle where we land is just mix of 2.I guess:)

I don’t know if this has already been said, cause I can’t be bothered reading through everything. But, my understanding of OBEs is that they’re not in another dimension or anything but all in our mind and the way we see things is with some sort of pyschic powers. And the reason we still see a few things that actually there is because our minds are obviously not fully awake and still in a sort of dream state and that means that extra things can appear, or things can be changed, just like in a dream. I don’t really know a great deal about OBEs, so is that right? or does anyone even agree with me?

Jabberwock- by another dimension u can also describe a state when our senses are shut and brain takes over their functions(so it sees without eyes,smells without nose…so on)
“And the reason we still see a few things that actually there is because our minds are obviously not fully awake and still in a sort of dream state and that means that extra things can appear, or things can be changed, just like in a dream.”- id rather say its just whats above.World looks different cuz we percieve it using different tools…who knows but i think we see more,hear more,feel definately more and stronger.Our phisical senses are limited a lot.When we can finally see around with "naked"brain we amazed how many things our eyes are not able to see.
Just one of possibile reasons:)

Ok, thanks for explaining what you meant by another dimension. With us seeing, hearing, and feeling things with our minds, or whatever is it, rather than using our physical senses, could that be compared to hallucinations? And you say we see more, are you suggesting that these things are actually real, or are they just pretty much part of our imagination?

“…whatever is it, rather than using our physical senses, could that be compared to hallucinations? And you say we see more, are you suggesting that these things are actually real, or are they just pretty much part of our imagination?”

I dont know what to compare it to:(I guess its more like air to stone age man-he does not see the air,he does not even know it exists…then comes 20th century and we are able to see it,tell how it looks like so on.We just got new tools.Same about senses-they have a lot of limitations-we see only particular waves,hear particular frequences.When we meet ppl claiming they saw/heard more we say its hallucinations.Dont know but i rather think about it as lack of proper tools.Naked brain gives us them.

As to second part…hmm…i really dont know what can we call real.I guess some parts of our imagination might be true(real)after we leave our body.I wish i knew more:(

I have never done an obe, and Im not sure I really want to try it…It seems scary to me that you can walk the plains where spirits roam…i mean, what if you come across a bad spirit? I dont know much about the subject, so most my fears on it are probably nothing, or totally wrong anyways…
but yeah, I like hearing about experiences other people have :content:

Hello everyone! I realize I may be posting a little late here. I joined the forum a few days ago. I’ve learned a lot about projections from a man who has dedicated his life studying them. It’s strange that people who project don’t know much about lucid dreams, and dreamers don’t know much about projections. Serious people who work on their energy bodies should experience both phenomenon. They go hand in hand. I agree with what Jack was saying about dimensions. Also, Projections are similar to lucid dreams. You can control the liquid like atmosphere. If you have thoughts and emotions, they’re created all around you in 3d, colorful forms. …Therefore it’s tough to create a successful test for someone if you know everyone experiences things in different ways. Spherical vision also adds confusion to the equation.

We’re the ones spirits should be afraid of… :wink:

Just a few questions…

Is Astral Projection the same thing as an OBE? Is Remote veiwing the same thing as an OBE? And does anyone know why people always tend to be looking down on themselves when they first start having an OBE?

Moniter, It’s quite common to come across other spirits. Most of them around the real time zone (the closest dimension to the physical) have a negative effect on us. They usually just want to consume our energy. The solutions are simple. You could ignore them, or fight them. Don’t show any fear or compassion for them. …To answer the question about terminology: the term OBE is old and still being used, because people know what it is. The term projection came around afterwards, describing the phenominon correctly. What is actually happening is that the etheric body makes a copy of itself. The copy leaves to go on the adventure. Therefore, the person is inside and out of body …at the same time! (a projection) Remote viewing is a technique one uses to have a projection. It is similar to using a WILD for projection…without falling asleep. You use imagination to create a portal, then as you walk through it, there’s a smooth transition into the astral.

Hey everybody, me again. I know a LOT about OBE’s.

I’d like to Recommened Robert Monroe’s literature on the subject. He began going out of his body spontaineously in the 50’s and since then he has written quite a few books on the subject.

Journeys Out of the Body

Far Journeys
and
Ultimate Journey are all great titles of his. I have read all three of these and find them facinating!

check out Robert Bruce, author of Astral Dynamics. He’s been practicing ALL of his life. He will also educate you about chakras, the energy body, dimensions, spirits, and how to protect yourself, magic in the astral, etc. etc.

You all have great arguments regarding OBE. I can see how astral projection is a highly debatable subject because it lies in the PSI domain.

I believe that ESP may have something to do with astral projections. During an OBE, the astral (spirit, projection, aura, energy, conscience…) ‘body’ doesn’t necessarily have to travel anywhere. Maybe during an OBE, you conscience is able to connect with a more implicate order of reality and extract information regarding a particular place that you happen to hover to, or think of. Maybe astral projections have different levels of clarity (like LD) and people who have OBE are a low-level version of what highly trained and gifted people who meditate achieve. This idea is very much based on the Holographic Model, although in THU they have a slightly different explanation involving technical metaphors to a real hologram that I happen to question and disprove, although valid in a way…

I would also say that if it were really possible to access that more implicate level through an OBE, its basically like tuning in to a set of frequencies and by trying to make sense of them as we make sense of the world, we can also misunderstand, misread, or even change them, and end up with OBEs that resemble LD.

I could also say I had an OBE when I was small, but it was unusual and I can’t remember details, and again it could have just been a dream. I was sleeping and as I looked about the room I leaped out, like a quick zoom, at things I saw. I never saw myself because I couldn’t look back.

Jack raises some real good points with the stone age person. Maybe the brain (higher self makes more sense) does get glimpses of things beyond the senses, but they are easily disproven by science as ‘it’s manifested in This area of the brain -as everything else in this boring physically-perfect world’. I do think it may be impossible to prove them as authentic astral projection, separate from LD, but the more we know about them, the better.

Thanks for those books. Luckily I found Ultimate Journey and I can’t wait to read it. THU also has a few pages regarding OBE and NDE alongside dreaming and LD.

Keep posting here!

I’m guessing everyone’s happily exploring the OB domains and lost interest in this topic?

In Robert Monroe’s terms (quoted partly from Ultimate Journey), there are a few levels of conscience or ‘focus’.
Focus 3 (mind-brain synchrony), Focus 10 (mind awake and alert, body asleep), Focus 12 (expanded awareness), Focus 15 (apparent no time) Focus 21 (OB awareness) Focus 22 (trauma, drug abuse, insanity), all the way to Focus 28 and beyond (resulting physical death).
I hope that sounds familiar (LL, LD, meditation, deep-sleep awareness…).

I’ll leave this open to comments and opinions…

Hey everyone… I’ve been coming to this BB for a few years now and this is the first time that I have visited this particular forum. How you doing?

Anyway, Jabbervock, remote viewing is something seperate from OBEs. The theory behind remote viewing is that anyone, in fact, any consciousness can view things that are known or seen by any other consciousness. In example, there is a story in “Holographic Universe” wherein a hypnotized man is led to think that his daughter is invisible and he is unable to see her. The hypnotist then pulls out something from his pocket and, standing behind the daughter, holds it behind her back. When asked the man is able to identify the object as a watch and even read the description on it even though he has never seen it… as though his daughter really was invisible. The theory is that he is able to see it because the hypnotist can see it and knows what it is.

OBEs are actually getting up and leaving the body in an energy/spirit form. A lot of the people who can do this are of the opinion that there is an actual reflex that can be triggered and is a natural part of our make up as a living being.

Speaking of OBEs… I came across this site after doing a search on Yahoo for information on them. Has anyone come across this site/individual/method and is it anything good? I would be interested to see what his secret is but I am QUITE poor at the moment and have no spare money.

The site is: www.astral-projections.com

Wouldn’t the author make more money and fame if she published it as a book, given her claims…?

Monroe’s methods seem more realistic and believable, and they have been researched for a long time now. What I don’t understand is by what he claims in his book, why would he bother pricing his gateway voyage? If he truly knows so much, money wouldn’t make much of a difference…

monroeinstitute.org/index.htm

spiritonline.com/files/messages/15/15.html
By what I’ve read it seems pretty accurate when compared to other articles and books.

I was thinking about that this morning, about how it’s kind of annoying when people find a spiritual “secret” or good method and they make people pay for it. I think I would just want to spread it across humanity to all who wanted it.
But maybe for the Monroe Institute they have to charge just so they’ll have enough money to do the research or something. But still, yeah it’s annoying.

That sort of thing gets to me too. Maybe thats why we seem to never go anywhere spiritually… its too expensive. :neutral:

I used to think this way about the Lucidity Institute because the prices for their programs and stuff seem so expensive. However, I have since come to realize that they need to be able to fund their continuing studies.

However, Shane Hatfield just seems like some guy. Granted he’s only charging $20 for his “secret” but if it was me I would just be giving it away. There are better ways to make a buck. Though I am extremely curious what the big secret is and if it works as well as he says. I suppose if I had the money I could always ask for it back… he says he does have a money back satisfaction guarantee.