I Almost Fell Of My Chair Laughing...

…when I read that message in the The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of with the word “hypnopompic” in the title. I have absolutely no idea why, but this spelling of the word really made me laugh.

:rofl:

Ed.

ROFL! :cool_laugh:

Yeah I know what you mean. I laughed too (probably not thát hard) when I first read this word :gni:

??? :confused:

ha, ha, ha. I don’t get it :neutral:

Hynopompic (resist the tempation to laugh!), sad people, laughing at random spellings.

:tongue: That word is hard. I’m still using google to spell it correctly . . . but I never thought of adding a “P” :grin:

https://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hypnopompic&r=67

OR

https://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=hypnagogic

wow, I didn’t know there are so many interchangable spellings and terms. :eek:

but it seems hypnopompic is while waking up,
and hypnagogic or hypnogogic is while going to sleep.

Ha, I’ve given up on speeling!

Well, it’s equally funny as the title of this thread

:wink:

I hate speeling. I’m just a bas speller, they should make alanguage where all the sounds in the words match letters, so I can speel easier!!!

I blame these type of words for m bad speelling (as well as me for my bas speelling) Why not just stick with hynogogic while waking up/going to sleep. Mined you, I might speel more things wrong.

I’d just like to point out, that it was nothing to do with the spelling being incorrect which made me laugh. I had no idea whether or not it was a valid spelling. It was just the sound of the word that made me laugh, that’s all.

:smile:

Ed.

Hynopompic, ha, ha, ha, that’s really sad. No offense.

None taken.

You’re just wrong.

It made me laugh, which is actually quite a happy experience.

:happy:

Has it ever happened to you?

Only kidding.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This discussion cracked me up. Oooookay. :wink: :lmao: :lmao:
We need more of this hilarious discussions. :content:

Now you talk about it… Yes I see the funny side!

“HYPNOPOMIC”!!!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

This has been a happy and enjoyful experience!

(Sorry, I really really couldn’t resist) the sarcasm)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So it’s not really funny as you see it? :eh: I think it’s so hilarious… including your sarcasm. :content:

Yes, well DM7, I’m sure you agree how funny the word Hypnopompic is, we might as well laugh at every word we say.

Hello (ha) D (ha) M (ha, ha) 7 (ha, ha, rolls over in laughter). It certianly would put a spin on things, besides all the foreighn countries thinking the English are weird for laughing during sentances.

Hypnopompic is a real word, jeez, whoever made that should be defenestrated. Look it up.

I couldn’t look it up, I was laughing to had!!

:grin: Thats so funny!! Hypnopompic!!
hehe, and this whole discussion is even funnier.
Pompic… say it to yourself. Pomp-ic, ahahahahahahah! passes out

Main Entry: hyp·no·pom·pic
Pronunciation: "hip-n&-'päm-pik
Function: adjective
Etymology: hypn- + Greek pompE act of sending
Date: circa 1901
: associated with the semiconsciousness preceding waking