Nicotine patches

There is warning label that says something like: if you experience vivid dreams remove the patch at night.

I decided to start the program by putting on a fresh new patch before I went to sleep. Results were amazing. I tried B6, DMAE, peppermint tea…nothing compares to the nicotine patch…well maybe with the exception of Nyquil.

Does anyone know why the nicotine patch has this effect? Is it the nicotine or something else in the patch?

thanks to whomever answers this

shouldnt then smoking also produce the same effect?

Also, why remove it? Are vivid dreams a bad thing?

Well I smoke and no it does not have the same effect, that’s why i am wondering about the patch, perhaps it’s the concentration of nicotine.

As for the warning, who knows, i hear the reason Ketamine was no longer used on people because there were complaints about outer body experiances during operations, so who knows.

Some people don’t like it.

I suppouse it is then nicotine, but I am not sure.
You should don´t do it regularly though, I think some other members of this forum tried nicotine patches as well and found out that the body adapts to it when taken regularly.
Btw, did you have “friendly” vivid dreams?
I never tried it myself, but nicotine patches are said to give you vivid nightmares

tapir

Dianachka its the nicotine!
Nicotine mimics a neurotransmitter calls acetylcholine, but with a way stronger electrical signal.
Acetylcholine becomes in rem sleep a 100 times more active then when we are awake. It is our memory neurotransmitter.
Nicotine taken when ppl studie leads that way to a bit better and easier studying.

The negative side is…nicotine is addictive and not so good for your bloodvessels. Smoke has not the same effect because you are awake then. And what u inhaled is taken quite fast out of the blood stream.
A patch of course keeps on releasing it in the bloodstream.

Ok i also did much research myself on dreams and nicotine patches.
I tried sometimes 50 mg or more nicotine from patches highest were several pathes and man i get then the worst nightmares ever.
Real horror terrible nightmares brrrrrr.
You also dont wake up from those easy.

My conclusion was it never aided me in lucidity!
But at low dosages yes it gives more rem sleep…that is true.
And dreams become more vivid.

When u use patches…drink more water…nicotine dries out the skin and body!

So it is the nicotine indeed!

Am i dreaming or did you just quote yourself?

:cool_laugh: Must have been one of those clones :grin:

Hm, Nyquil helps induce lucidity?

Hahaha, I saw that happening! :wink:

By the way Hobbes, Nyquil seems to induce weird dreams as it does to me when I take it, but I don’t think it induce lucidity. But that is sorta off-topic. Maybe you could make a new topic discussion on Nyquil. Should be interesting. :smile:

I bought nicotine patches a few days ago. They are 7 mg/24 hours, thats the lowest strengt they sold. Seems like they do give more REM-sleep. I have been using them for 4 days and my dream recall during those days have been 28 dreams in total, that is about 3 times more dreams than normal for me. Of those 5 have been LDs. I have also been able to go back into a previous dream if i have waken up.

The bad is that i feel a little tired when i wake up and very thirsty. And they are very expensive. Here they cost 20 Euro for 7 patches. But since they last 24 hours i can use one of them for 2 or 3 nights.

JaRod i experimented a lot with them…and remember when u put them on at the beginning of your sleep at night they trouble a bit the deep sleep because your body gets double signals.
The melatonin is at its highest at the onset of sleep the first hours but because of the nicotine u give your brain the signal to go into remsleep, so u sleep a bit less deep then!
Its better and more healthy to set your alarm 2 or 3 hours before the time u should get up and then put a patch on. Then u get the rem sleep when most deep sleep already is done and u will be more rested in the morning. Best is 2 hours before waking after 6 hours of sleep.
You also get then less addcited to the nicotine! Better for your bloodvessels also, nicotine isnt to healthy for your bloodvessels.

Jeff

Good idea Jeff. That would mean that i could use one patch for about a week. The only problem is that the glue on them only works for 2 or 3 uses. Do you have a solution for this also. What kind of strengts did you use? Does a higher strengt help or does it only give nightmares.

This thread almost saddens me. I’ve been wanting to LD for a long long time now, having had just one solid LD in my life, many years ago. I thought maybe I had finally done it on my own.

I started on the patch, to quit smoking not to LD, and yes, I read where it could cause vivid dreams. I didn’t think that meant they would be lucid, but sure enough, my dreams were becoming a tad more vivid and within four or five days I had a strong LD. Three weeks go by with no more LD’s until I started listening to some music that also seemed to help me go lucid. I want to be able to go lucid on my own without any help.

BTW, in case anyone is interested, I posted about the music here: https://ld4all.com/forum/?https://community.ld4all.com/t/music-to-listen-to/9444

Hi Jarod :smile:

I used the strongest one, but then cut in parts, iam not always testing the same strenght. Depends on my goal and if i want to try several spots at the body at once.
But yes strong dosages give nightmares.
I had one, and wowowowo that was really freaky.
All in my dream was so agressive towards me, was unbelieble.
You cant compare that to a normal nightmare…its so much more intense.
Also higher dosages mean more addicting and also more unhealthy for your blood vessels.

Nope i dont have a solution for the glue problem lol
U could try glue on water base! Like pritt stift!
Or use tape to attach it to your body!

Btw it never gave me a ld lol and then i mean never!
But you can have some interesting dreams.
but for that u just need very low dosages like 1/10 of a patch.
i use the strongest so i can take less from a patch easely.

Beachmaster, trust me when i say when a person can have lds with aid of substances he/she also can have lds just on her/his own without even help of music…but it takes patience and dedecation, thats all.

Good luck!

Jeff

The last days the patches seem to give me about the same amount of dreams as without a patch. The LDs i get from the patches seems to be very low level and short. And they seem to be somewhat confusing and blurry. Maybe i should try a higher strengt, because i seem to wake up if a dream gets to scary.

Mmm Jarod i would avise then the opposite else with stronger dosages u will come to this problem again.
Your brain just addepts to the nicotine, its addciting you know.
its just an idea but maybe u can stop for a week or so.
So your sensitivity comes back.
I also stop every 2 weeks for 1 to 2 weeks when i do experiment with them. Thats for not getting addicted and also to stay sensitive for the effect a bit.

Jeff

This night i tried two patches. Some of the dreams seemed a bit more vivid than normal. I tried using tape and i worked fine :smile: . And i’m going to try not using them for a week and see if it helps. Is there a difference between putting them on different parts of your body?. I put them on my arms.

I put on a fresh new patch just before going to bed last night and had an endless supply of vivid dreams (none lucid though). One of them had me in a private party for Geo Bush 1 (gag) with ZZ top playing… they sucked as their equipment couldn’t keep up… they even had to change batteries in on of the little inadequate amps they had in the middle of a song! I never realized that mechanical-electrical failure in dreams could apply to DC’s as well! LOL

But putting the patch on (my arm) right before bedtime did seem to increase dream activity quite a bit.

Yes there is Jarod, i tried nicotine patches at all chakra nerve spots.
And that had indeed some totally different effects.
Nicest dreams i had when i placed them round the heart.
But for your tape lol i think arms are best.
If u try every day the effect will sure decrease…so a stop now and then is healthy not only to be not addicted but also for the effect to maintain.
So iam now already 2 weeks of it…

Oh btw they never gave me a lucid dream yet :smile:

Jeff

I just got some 21 mg patches, they are huuuuge. It’s hard to find a good place to put them. Maybe i should start shaving my body to find good places to put them on :tongue: . I started wondering if it’s really the patches that help me get more lucid or if it’s because i have to do WBTB to put on the patch.