The BIG WILD Topic - Part X

Yes WILD can be terrifying. The first time I did it and got the vibes I was literallly scared out of my mind. WILD can really vary in how hard it is as it depends on many things such as how easily you fall asleep.

But what is so terrifying about vibrations?

I just want to know becuase I am easily scared at night. I’ve hated horror movies all my life, and I have a very tough time getting back to sleep after waking up from a nightmare.

The vibrations are scary because you have no idea what’s happening and most likley think your dying, also you can hear things like screams and see terrifying parasite like things(they are utterly harmless, your minds creation) and your body can feel like it is floating but pivoting around its head. But once you get used to them you hardly notce tham any more. ALso WILD is a great method because you enter the dream fully lucid and at the beggining of a REM period.

Eh… does sound scary. Does everyone have these experiences, or is it possible to have less frightening HI (I assume the parasties etc. are HI)?

The parasite things are more HH and hypnogogic imagery is usually quite interesting. The other thing to note is that for me the more frightening the hallucination the better the ensuing LD.

What’s the difference between HH and HI?

HI are the patterns and progressing to images are the things you see behind closed lids. HH are more like halluctinations that result from entering into a deeper state but are usually seen from closed lids

For me the sounds were probably the most frightening. It sounded sort of like a loud rushing noise…

The experience of hypnagogics (seemingly random images, sounds and feelings that occur as you progress through WILD) can certainly be frightening if you aren’t aware of what’s happening. As your body shuts down, and your senses switch over from the real world to your imagination, you might experience a range of sensations that appear dauntingly realistic. Usually you’ll hear random sounds that emerge from nowhere, and occasionally voices or complete sentences (usually nonsensical). You’ll also feel what’s commonly described as “vibrations”, and any number of other unusual feelings.

They can be distracting, but they also indicate that you’re extremely close to falling asleep. At this point the challenge is to keep your concentration on an imaginary image without paying attention to anything that’s happening in the real world - and you’re set. Before you know it, there won’t be a real world, and everything you see and hear will be a dream.

Just keep at it, and try to become familiar with the hypnagogic state.

Yes, I have had the rushing sound, you don’t have to fear it hough because its not real, and also you’ll probably gte some good sounds such as glorious music.

Well the rushing sound seemed extremely loud so I didnt really think of anything else to do than fear it. I also had the feeling of floating up off my bed…

I do see and imagine things as I try to WILD, but I seem to generally fall asleep. I keep counting but I don’t know if its worse or I should try to just count without saying 1… I’m dreaming, 2…I’m dreaming, etc.

If I decide to count instead of HI for a change of pace I always use the I’m Dreaming phrasew because if I drift off to sleep the phrase will usally initiate a lucid dream.

I’m getting a small light, presumably an HI, which grows into a scene. I have managed to enter it twice this night and I had 2 LD’s with this method.

So it seems to be working for me. Of course before I’ll have slept listening to LD test preset most of the time, but not every time.

I managed to WILD for the first time ever :smile: . When i woke up from a dream i didn’t move. Suddenly my entire body started vibrating very very very intensly and it felt like i was falling, suddenly i was in a LD. So i was wondering if WILD vibrations always are this intense, or is it just me?

They are often quite intense, but it is nothing to fear, eventually you’ll get to the point where you barley pay attention to them

every once in a whial, as i’m falling a sleep My body feels like i’m laying on a giant spring and its kindof pushing my up and pulling my back down. it only happens when i’m about to fall asleep. I remmeber inducing it specificaly to fall asleep a kid who used to suffer from insomnia. is this the vibration your talking about. or is it more like that of a viberating chair?

It seems that i almost always get some varning that i’m about to fall asleep. Like small spasms, itch or a tingling sensation. Last night an image of a girl just flashed infront of me. I even got vibrations, but i have a hard time not moving when i start feeling the vibrations. It seems like i don’t get much HI or sounds when i WILD only vibrations.
Does anyone have any advice?

Sence i’ve started doing VILD i have gotten these vibrations every night but, they always supries me and i get excited cause i know i’m doing something right. then i lose the vibrations and am once again wide awake. This is very anyoing. any suggestion would be helpfull.

I have been trying WILD every night this week when i went to sleep. Seems very hard to do i before going to sleep. But this morning i managed to WILD very quickly but i had an OBE where i just floated away and couldn’t do anything. People doesn’t seem too intrested in the WILD topic at the moment. If anyone have trouble WILD ing you could try to force yourself into a LD when you are in the black void just after the vibrations. Otherwise you end up in an OBE, and atlease i find them anoying because i can’t do much else that float around.
The forcing kinda feels like you force yourself out of your own body and into the dreamworld. If anyone tries and get it to work please let me know.