So close!

I had a dream last night that was really weird…and I told my brother in my dream this was like a soap opera, and when I did I said “hold on a minute”…and I looked at my hand, I had 6 fingers… I was all excited then said “I am dreaming” but right when I said that everything kinda faded out and I woke up.

It all happened so fast I wasn’t sure what to do…any suggestions? Do you think I say “I am dreaming” I should calm down first?

But none the less I am really happy about that! Best progress I’ve had with LD’s so far.

Nice one :ok:

Your almost there, you have to learn from these anoyances, next time you should have enough time to extend the dream by spinning around, rubbing your hands Etc.

any suggestions brad? Well yes, GO TO BED! :tongue:

Congrats on your very short LD…

I don’t think saying “I am dreaming” is a very good idea though… By confirming that you are dreaming in speech, you will only become more excited, as well as more detached from the dream itself, causing you to wake up. In stead, do a couple of RCs, rub your hands, concentrate etc. Try to be as much “in the dream” as possible after you gain lucidity, interact with the enviroment I mean.

Just because getting excited in your LDs is a bad thing, that doesn’t mean that relaxing is a very good thing to do. If you relax to much, you will just lose lucidity and go with the flow of your dream. IMO, a premature awakening is much more desirable than lucidity loss, as you can then wake up and attempt to have another LD.

And as a side note, even when everything is fading and it feels like that dream is over, you still have a chance at stabilizing the dream again, just try one of the many stabilizing techniques described on the forums.