Herbal Curious

I am curious about the different effects of herbs when used togeter or seperately on lucidity…

Catnip/catmint
Calea Zachetechichi
Damiana
California Poppy
Kava Kava
wild lettuce
???
???

hi
Did you choose them just “randomly”? As far as i can see all of them have some effects,the only two i don’t know anything about is wild lettuce and catmint.Would be interesting what catmint does,cause this stuff is growing in our garden…

Traumgänger

Well, I twice made a tea of Calea Z. to help me to become lucid.

I took about 2g and went to bed. In the morning hours (I must have slept 8 hours before) I had EXTREME vivid and realistic dreams. They were unusual long and it was as if everything that happened was logical. It seemed as if I had controlled everything that I did while dreaming but I’m still not sure if these kinda dreams were lucid. Although one of the dreams was a little bit nightmare-like I was nevertheless stronger than my enemies.

As for the physical facts: My sleep was very light. Usually I am very tired after waking up but this time I couldn’t find sleep again.

I have also heard that Passion Flower does enhance dreaming. Did anyone test it?

Here is the exellent CaleaZ FAQ from Davion at the old forum:

https://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=20204&messageid=1012288671&lp=1015963938

Thanks PasQuale but I already read it. From there I got some useful hints.

BTW: I’d like to thank you for building up and managing this wonderful site. I cannot say how much I like it.

:alien: thanks Ai :smile:

The CaleaZ faq and all other threads of the old forum will be archived into this one. It will take a while but they will appear in the archive soon or late.

Q

got a question while were on the subject of herbs.

does ginseng help with dreams cuz ive been drinking a lot of green tea with ginseng recently.

Ginseng makes the blood somewhat thinner, but I don’t know whether that increases LDing…

My uncle (a neuro-chemist, or something like that) is currently studying the benifits of tea on memory, which he says are large, especially in chinese, or green tea. Him and his team are now trying to find the chemical in the tea that’s responsable for this.
So the tea should help with dream recall, if nothing else. Don’t know about the Ginseng though.

Is there any Web Site about his research?
Keep us posted about this! :smile:

I drink a lot of green tea… and my dream recall is awful, to be honest :smile: Still… it might work for other people. And theres always the placebo effect. Happy placebo effect… wooo. :content:

The thing is with gensing and ginko, you have increased bloodflow to the brain, thereby increasing the ‘bandwidth’ for other substances. That doesn’t directly translate into better dream recall, but it can set the stage for the enhancement of such substances as Calea Zacatechichi and others.

I also wanted to mention that I’ve started growing a native passifloria incarnata and I’m going to try some fresh leaf matter soon to see what happens.

If you get passiflora at an herbalist, you are getting a weakened version of the stuff because it quickly loses potency after it dries. It’s like cilantro in a way… if you grow cilantro, you know what I mean. You have to eat the stuff when it’s fresh, otherwise it just tastes like grass or something.

Side note… I’ve recently discovered that freezing cilantro preserves the flavor almost indefinitely.