Pain in dreams?

Once in a dream I fell and hit my head, and it deffinitly hurt, and when i awoke, i was on the floor next to my bed, and there was blood on my nightstand and floor, and turns out on my head, too.

It’s interesting how dreams create a story to fit with noises or feelings that are happening in the outside world.

I can’t remember feeling pain in a ND. But in LD’s i do feel pain. I have been hit with a dart in my shoulder and felt pain. And one time i put my hand trough a window, but when i pulled it out it felt like my hand was frozen into the window. It hurt like hell and the entire dream started vibrating.

Well mabye you could use pain to become Lucid. For example, I don’t get much pain in RL. But I don’t get much in my dreams either.

It’s amazing you didn’t wake up, since you were apparently dreaming at the time (REM = very light sleep). Unless you hit it hard enough to be knocked unconscious, and just continued with the dream. :smile:

On Tues night, I dreamed I was in the early stages of labour. My whole lower back ached, and I said to a midwife ‘Not another backache labour’. I woke up at around 5:30am and found myself lying flat on my back (I had gone to sleep in this position at 10:30 the night before!).

The other night I dreamt I was trying to walk somewhere but had cramp in my leg. It was really difficult to move, much worse than in RL

I have had dreams where I have felt pain as well. Once I was stabbed with a pitchfork and I have also been hurt by other things in my dreams (banged up knee, cut from a blade, ect.). Just a normal part of the dream I think.

last night i couldn’t close my left hand it felt like i had cut it or burnt in and it had scabbed over it was rather painful. So i put a bandage on it suddenly ended up on my foot and no i didn’t not realise i was dreaming.

Not so long ago I had a dream where I have felt pain. I was inside a house which was bombed down by rockets or something like that. Well, the house was heavily damaged and many “splinters” flew through the air and many of them hit me. I felt them all over my body and it was painful. One big splinter was on the top of my finger. I pulled it out and I bled as if an atery had been hit. That also was somehow painful.

Another time, in a low-level-lucid dream I tried the spinning technique to stabalize the dream. I was standing in the bathroom when I did it and … well, it worked … more or less. While spinning I “merged” with the sink. Well, I tried to press myself away from it, and it felt as if I would be torn apart, which of course hurt.

I dreamt that aliens blew up the entire world, I didn’t feel pain but a warm fuzzy, burning sensation while I was waking up, it was wierd.

That dream was freaky while it was happening but afterwards I was like “cool” :smile:

I have been run over, shot, knived, punched, bitten, and they all hurt, all fo them were in normal dreams.

I have definitely felt pain, and in parts of my body that weren’t injured during the day. My mom wants to explain it away that I am actually feeling pain, but I don’t wake up hurt. Pretty much anything that scientists say you can’t do in a dream, I’ve done… So much for research, hehe :content:

I once had a dream that my mom was attacking me with an exacto knife. It was so freaky and very disturbing and I couldn’t seem to get away from her. I locked myself in the bathroom but soon enough she managed to get in there too and started going to work cutting up my legs. It was incredibly painful which is rare for my NDs. I had completely forgotten this awful dream until I read these posts. sigh

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream that a nuclear bomb had hit outside of my school. I tried to go outside and felt this great intentense heat on my face and whole body as if i was melting. That hurt very much. I guess my sig goes along with this topic though :happy:

In my dream the other night I kept hearing a sudden noise like cutlery and plates being hit which was so loud it hurt my head and I had to cover my ears.

Yeah i think we can all be pretty certain that we do feel pain in our dreams…just like we hear sounds and feel the world, we can do all that of course there is pain… but like all the other stuff its an illusion right?

yeah ive felt pain in dreams like being shot multiple times by this dude (actullay the main guy from that old hogans heroes guy-the main 1 but in me dream he was possesed) and when i awke i was SURE i could feel the pain still…but only as a nagging tingle like thing.
another time i flew so high and fast that when i tried to land i scraped against the tops of trees-it was like being dragged along the ground…it was enough for me to give up trying to land again and stay in the sky in that dream.
interesting topic tho

we must be pretty fooled by our illusion…

which is why we think that it is real… we can ask ourselves if we are dreaming but not always really be 100%…

sme_bro I think that the tingling (whatever it was caused by) affected your dream to add that shooting, not the other way around or anything in between! :smile:

I’ve felt plenty of pain, but it goes away when I start thinking or doing something else.
Me thinks my subconcious has a short attention span. :neutral: