Spiderman Vs Lilt

Hi guys,

It’s been a while since I’ve last posts; I’ve got nothing important to do today so I’m going to write down an odd LD I had.

It was a bright, warm day in London… blue skies, nice breeze. And this was made all the more pleasant by the fact that the streets were relatively un-crowded.

I was stood outside an entrance to the underground (subway) when the familiar ‘I’m dreaming’ feeling hit. Knowing how precious these moments were I didn’t wasn’t any time taken advantage of this realisation. So I just leapt up 30 ft into the air and clung on the side of a building.

I’ve had many LD dreams before this one but this is the first time I’ve had any success in wall climbing. It seemed so obvious when I was stuck to the wall… all you had to do was jump up and stick to it! Simple! Once I’d found that feeling, that ability stuck (no pun intended) with me for the remainder of the LD.

So off I went doing my Spiderman routine… jumping from building to building, climbing up and down walls, jumping from wall to lampposts, spinning around it and then leaping gracefully to the next building… doing it as naturally as if I had been born to do it. The odd thing was, I never moved that far from the entrance of the underground station. I’ve only just thought about that now, it does seem quite odd, but at the time I just accepted it. Being the curious type, I decided that I’d go and have a bit of an adventure in the underground.

If you’ve been to London and seen the underground… forget it. What I saw in my dream didn’t look anything like the real thing. It was purely a fabrication of my imagination. It looked a little something like this: Between the yellow stained tiled walls (the sort you get in public toilets) lay a wide stair case of about 20 steps which was lit by those horrible florescent light strips down the center of the ceiling that gave the stairway a dingy, dull sterile feeling. It was a stark contrast to the sunny street above me. If you’ve ever seen a horror movie where one of the actors goes somewhere, where they shouldn’t really be going… this was that sort of place. But being a LD I didn’t really think about it. So off I went down into the underground… on the walls of course :wink:

I climbed down the into the underground, along the walls and ceiling, and every time I got to the end of the staircase, there was another one very similar to it turning to the left or right of it. There weren’t many of these however, so I soon had reached the train platform.

I stuck there, on wall, looking down into one of the tunnels as this feeling washed over me. You know the sort of feeling when you’re just about to enter a nightmare, well it felt like that. And as I looked down that pitch-black tunnel, a low moaning howl came echoing from it. Luckily, with the dream being lucid, I found it very easy to relax and keep calm. Which as quite an interesting experience. The feeling of the nightmare was no longer ‘in’ me but I could still feel its presence in the atmosphere.

Even so, the moan got louder as what ever was making that noise was moving closer. I wasn’t particularly scared… but I didn’t fancy sticking around to find out to meet it. So I turned to go back the way I came, only a little quicker this time hehe.

I don’t know about you guys… but when I run away from something, anxiety kicks it; forcing my heart to pump harder, increasing the flow of adrenaline in my system. My inbuilt system that was telling me to - as it saw it… survive - run, which was only served to give me the creeps again. I don’t know whether it was that which caused the creature to gain a little ground or the fact that it was quicker than me, but for whatever reason, it was coming closer!

As I mentioned before, the entrance wasn’t that particularly deep, so I was soon near the surface. But when I got to the top… I thought, no! This is my dream… and I can handle you! [Directing my lame defiance toward the creature].

So I waited for it (on the wall still). The moan got louder as it approached. I was nervous but under control. The moaning got louder still. It was coming up the set of stairs that were before the set I was on. It’s moans got suddenly louder as it was about to turn the corner so I braced my self.

I couldn’t believe what I saw when that thing came round the corner. It was the lilt lady. I mean, WTF!!!. If you don’t know who the lilt lady is… picture this fat Jamaican lady wearing old-fashioned clothes and a nice but small hat. This was the thing I was running from. She just stood there - she didn’t turn to look at me - mouth wide open, wailing at the wall?!?

I just shook my head and went out into the daylight.

Hehe, sorry if that was a bit anti-climatic. Bur it’s one of the few LD’s dreams i’ve rembered with any clarity so i thought i’d share it.

It’s not often I get lucid dreams with a dream-person that plays such a significant role in it and despite how oddly pointless the dream was, it was very enjoyable.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it. I’ve got a few more LD’s memories locked away in my head. But nothing as detailed as the ones I’ve posted, but I’ll post them if there’s any interest.

Take care guys.

Cool
But that’s one of the things holding me back on trying LDs, I don’t really know how I’ll react to a nightmare or an SP … it scares the shit out of me just thinking about it