Get money quikly (not)

I was reading about money scams and annoyances on the internet. I couldn’t understand what this scam was about, or wether it was an illegal scam. Is it illegal?

No, I’m not desperate for money. But if there was such an easy legal way to make money, I would use it.

Sorry it was so long. Is this actually legal. I’m sure you can get arrested for electronic mail fruad or something.

This is illegal and is known as a pyramid scheme. Why? Because the amount of participants grows so fast (exponentially, in fact) that chances are that if you can already see 5 names on the list, you will lose out when you put yours. After all, after 5 generations there aren’t very many people to continue sending each other the money etc. About 2 people win for every 98 losers - if there are already 5 people on the list, you will be a loser.

Wow. The whole thing sound so complicated. :eek:

I think i did something like that once, it was a chail letter and instead of money you send postcards to 5 people and were supposed to get like 50 back from ‘different corners of the world’
I got none.

The wikipedia article on Pyramid schemes.

There you go. Don’t even try it, because most people wouldn’t be as gullible as you.

Sorry mate, illegal for sure.

If you do post it to 5 people, and they post it to 5 people, and so on until your name is off the list, you should have 3,125 people sending you dollars. Quite ridiculous? Yes!
6 people - 7,776
7 people - 16,807
8 people - 32,768
9 people - 59,049
10 people - 100,000
…15 people - 759,375
…20 people - 3,200,000 (half the world’s population)

The world population limit is between 22 and 23 people. But it could be a lot less if there were 6 names on the list.