Problem with spinning technique

The spinning technique to change the scenery or keep the dream from fading away isn’t working for me. A few nights ago was the first time I tried it, and I spun once or twice and woke up right away. I also tried last night, since I was stuck on a train and I figured I could change the scenery by spinning. I spun around over and over again, but nothing would change. I tried it a few more times until one of the times I woke up. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong, because everyones dreams are different and the spinning technique may just not work for you.
Maybe next time in your dream instead of spinning to increase lucidity look at your hands and count your fingets, or yell ‘This is a DREAM!!!’
To change scenery jump through a mirror, or walk through a door expecting to see where you want to go on the other side.
Good luck and sweet dreams! sounds like you’re doing fine!

I agree with charlottedreamer on yelling things out. Works like a charm. Also, about the spinning technique, it woke me up the first few times i did it too, but now its the best way for me too stay lucid. Really try to keep your eyes open when spinning, dont let it go black. Also try to spin ridiculously fast. I think it works because you get dizzy which throws your mind of kilter, so the faster the better.

it wakes me up too…but i dun use it as when i understand that im dreaming i never wake up, because i never get too exited…im more like ‘im dreaming. great. what can i do now?’ and i try to remember what i have read about LDing and what fun things i can do

yeah, i can attest to that. the other day i tried to change scenery by spinning, i tried it with my eyes open, didn’t work, so i tried it with them closed and i couldn’t open them again (i could feel my eyes in my physical body) when i did finally open them it was a false awakening and i lost lucidity

but here’s a hint that i saw somebody suggest on this board, when you wake up directly from a dream, don’t move and imagine yourself spinning, it can put you right back in the dream (i’ve succeeded once or twice doing that but i lost lucidity during the transition)

i wouldn’t say any technique is the catch all for everyone, so find what works for you, but don’t give up on it too quickly

Thanks everyone. I guess that it is either just not the technique for me or I just need more practice, since I could at least spin more times before waking up the second time I tried it. The only time I really needed it was the second time to get off of the train, but if I run into a problem like that again I’m sure I can find another way to get out, but I’ll practice with it next time I have a lucid dream.

I use hand-rubbing instead as a dream stabilizer.

I prfer the spinning technqiue. When you’re doing the spinning tecnqiuque reallt try to feel the whole spinning thing. The purpose of eeling the spinning is to be involved in your dream. Normally not being involved is what causes you to wake up.

one thing to always remember is not every technique works for every person. my theory behind that is that people have some doubt in their mind about the technique and it keeps it from working for you. if your having to battle the little doubt you have in your subconscious, it makes techniques a good deal more difficult.

be confident in the techniques you work with, and i can guarantee better results