The BIG VILD Topic - Part I

i am really liking this method even if it hasnt got me a LD yet :tongue:
i got EWLD on order and hope to make a method that works perfectly for me once i get it as well

hey pedro, what instrument do you play in the band? I play guitar in my band and that sounds like quite an interesting thing you have going their, writing music while lucid. I’m deffinitly going to put this on my lucid to do list. You are a lot of help, thanks again.

nice one pedro
Looks like I’ll be trying this tonite.
I was thinking of combining it with another technique. A while ago I posted a topic on the shortcut forum re: The Mind Medicine Room.
I was thinking that for my dream scenario I could visit my mind medicine room and take my Get Lucid Pills, do an RC, and repeat over and over like you say. I was thinking that this would then work on two levels i.e the VILD technique as one, and the mind medicine room as the other.
The reason I think this might work for me is that I already have a sharp image of my MMR as I visit it often for alsorts of things.
Thanks again

OMG!! I just had an LD! :cool_laugh: It wasn’t entirely with the VILD technique, but it did help keep my mind occupied with LDing and RC techniques.

Read about the LD here

So, in short… the VILD didn’t exactly work as planned, but a lot of the elements of the VILD I had planned did occur in the dream. It also helped me to remember to do RC’s.

I think it’s also because of the nap. It’s wellknown that napping increases chances of having an LD, probably because your mind is more alert, or because time between being awake and REM is shorter.

But anyway… woohoo! Thanks again Pedro :happy: Now I KNOW this is good stuff :slight_smile: Must practice more!

I play guitar, bass and drums so I can use my lucidity to write full songs for all instruments actually!

For my band I play guitar but I sometimes give the other band members some ideas for their instruments from my dreams… I don’t force them to use my lucid music tho!

I am going to do WBTB and then VILD tonight, but there is one little thing I am confused about, I hope you can make it a little clearer for me Pedro (or anyone else). Let’s say I do VILD and eventually I do end up in the dream. How am I supposed to know that it is a dream and I am not just imagining the scene again? Even if I can’t see my nose or I can breathe with my nose plugged in the dream, since that was the scene I created I don’t see how I am supposed to realize that I am dreaming and not just still imagining it happening. I hope you understand what I mean.

Yeah I know exactly what your saying! It might not make much sense just now but if it works you’ll see that there is a difference. When you get in the dream you are actually IN your scene rather than just visualizing it. You do realize this but you don’t really since you aint lucid and your goin with the flow. As soon as you do the RC’s you become lucid. I promise you won’t still think your imagining it. It’s a totally different experience. Very hard to explain but you imagine the room and imagine doing the RC’s. When you actually enter the dream though, you DO the RC’s rather than imagine them…

I have a question as well, seeing as how I’ve only halfway succeeded once (not even fully). Does it matter at which location the incubated dream is? I’ve been working with a location I made up and doesn’t exist in real life, as well as a DC who doesn’t exist for real (but who’s known to show up in my dreams now and then). I meet the DC at the location, he then tells me to do a number of RC’s. But at all times I just fell asleep without entering into the VILD. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that the location and DC don’t exist for real, so I have less memory to hang on to? But you also stressed that it’s important to not change your initial planned dream.

I guess it works differently for everyone, so I don’t know… :neutral:

is this method intended to be done with WBTB? i’m guessing so since you are trying to get yourself straight into the dream, and you will in the middle of REM… but by your description of this technique it sounds like you do it when you initially go to sleep. So, when you do it, do you enter your dreams when you first go to sleep? Thanks in advance…

You could use it with WBTB if you think that will help (IMO it probably will) but Pedro uses it from when he first goes to sleep. Of course, at the moment he’s doing a marathon thing of LD-wake up-LD again-wake up, which accounts for his high LD count this month!

yes, i understand him and lucidity_master are really getting high in the ranks… thanks for the response r3.

well i guess your extreme proof pedro that a WILD type technique can bring you into a dream upon first sleep.

Pedro,

How long did it take you from when you first started doing VILD until you were having such great success? Also, did you practice visualization much before you created VILD?

VILD has given me 100% success so far. So it worked from the word go…you gotta be good at visualization.

If your really wondering how long everything took me then look in the Dream Diary area for a thread called “Pedro’s Lucid Timeline”. Someone asked if I would make that thread coz they were asking similar questions.

Have fun!

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

I made up my own Vild method.
Nice post pedro, sounds like one of the most enjoyable methods if you can get it to work :smile:
Thats why i put some effort in making my incubated dream.

This is how it should go

I am sitting in a big room whit Morpheus. The rooms looks like some kind of a 3D world. He tells me 'Björn, You are dreaming. You should do some RC to check it. So i do that and i become lucid, jeej :grin:. I thank him and tell him i hope he can help me become lucid in more dreams. (I find the nose RC nice btw, so i took those 2 + a book thats in front of me wich i can check.)
The room looks like this ->
I made some more pics so i can imagine it better:

So what do you think, sound like a bulletproof plan or some faults in that?

Here is the question :smile:

Do you still use the same ritual before going to bed if you want LD?
the eating something drinking, reading thing?

Or do you just get in your bed, vizualize your dream and go to sleep?
and maybe its hard to tell, but like how many times do you rerun that dream before falling asleep?

Pedro,
are we supposed to visualize ourselves doing the reality checks and having them fail, succeed or actually try to do the reality checks each time? I assume we should have them tell us we’re dreaming, whether thats considered having the reality check succeed or fail I’m not sure.

Success for a reality check means that you get the true result. And you’re imagining that you’re dreaming, so imagine that it gives the true result, i.e. shows you as dreaming.

(Pedro already answered this question for me)

Thanks r3m0t…yeah he’s right. I always see myself doing the RC and realizing that I am dreaming.

I’m not sure how many times I run through my scene and it is very different each night though, I can tell you that! Depends how tired I am. Yes I always do the same thing before bed…I always eat and drink coz…well I’m hungry and thristy lol. And I always read for a while to get tired…unless I am extremely tired for some reason.

I’m not sure of this. Your eyes are simply plug and wait and play instruments. This plug wait play is also desmonstrated with science, where they have mamnaged to make artificial “eyes” and interface them, by electrodes on the tounge.

Your brain takes the data and organises it. But the funny thing is, that a blind from birth person does see objects in their minds. Therefore, I would conclude, it is the brain that sees, but it does not sense.

I am not being picky, I am just getting confused by what the tern “see” is being used like.

You could say the eye sees (as in senses), or you could say the brain sees, as in, it is the place where images, the world are reconstructed, from 2D, to 3D.