So what do you want us to do?

Atheist,
Perhaps you would agree that although our visual aparatus has only 2D data with which to work, the brain does construct a perfectly good 3D visual model from the 2D data.
I personally have also experienced creating a somewhat (spacial) 4D visual model within the brain.
I think this would be very interesting stuff to explore within LD’s … and I believe our limits are only the ones we ourselves set.
Peace,
Sruthan

Sure, but we don’t ‘visualize’ this 3D representation. We simply use it to inform the images of the object or scene when we attempt to render them. We can’t actually ‘see’ or even ‘imagine’ a 3 or 4 dimensional view of anything - it’s an impossibility.

I’d love to see what you mean by this.

Actually, vision is 3d in real-life, unless you only have one eye and are unable to perceive depth.

Just to reach out a bit. Atheist I understand what you mean and agree.

Still, who says fake 4D is not better than real 4D

i read about something that scientists are calling the one hundredth monkey effect. the theory basically suggests that if one member of a species has experinced something, or learned something, the entire species should be able to use their knowledge to their own benefit. in other words:
clears throat
anything you can do, i can do better,
i can do anything better than you.

thank you, thank you

ok if you guys want to talk about the fourth dimension thats cool and all, but couldnt u go do it on another thread? its interesting and all but this wasnt what the original topic was about. im not trying to come off as an asshat but please go make another topic and talk all about 4D there, not here. i get agitated everytime i see another reply to this topic and get all exited just to see that its another post about that 4D stuff.

Lol You funny Blazinfish…heheh funny but right.I cant wait for the response from Ureon so im checking it all the time…hehe and dont get a word what its all about with 3d not mentioning 4d.
All i know are d,dd,and ddd bras

oh Jack, you funny too. You make me laugh.

All i know are d,dd,and ddd bras <–quite humorous. :rofl:

somebody should sig that^ lol

Here’s another thing to try out:

Try, in a dream, to pronounce a language you’ve studied (French, for instance) perfectly and then if it works, see if you’ve become better IRL too!

I’m studying Japanese now and I’m excited about the idea that one perhaps could use lucid dreams to overcome the mental blocks that prevent one from fully learning to speak a language. Because that’s what I really think it’s about. There are people that’ve learned to speak and pronounce a language perfectly as adults. So why wouldn’t we able to? :wink:

I know this may seem a stupid idea, but I’m curios about it. If you hold your breath in an LD consciously, does this stop you from breathing in RL. Would you awaken or would you stand in your dream until you faint in to unconsciously (and involuntrly start breathing again - hopefully).

Is it possible SD. I’m proposing that we actually try it, inviting the whole forum into your dream. This way, if it works, then at leats a few of us will remeber and will be able to report it on the forum. Hopefully the coinsidences will proove or disprove LD. (Does this one belong in the laboratoritory.

Try living in a 2 dimensional world. Can we imagine what this would be like?

Going through the star gate.

Going on a start ship and asking them to explain how it works. Writing everything down when you awake. And then making billlionss in star ship production. Lol.

---- fixing a double post ------

Technodreamer , i like that idea of us all tryin to have a shared dream,. it would be cool if we organize something like that,. cuz imagine if it actualy works

but we would have to plan carefully, cuz different ppl on the forums live in different time zones, so we would have to figure out a time that would be best for everyone, and also figure out if its a certain time in one country, what time it is at the same time in another country,… :bored:

or… juss have it with members that are in the same country.,
:eh:

Well we wouldn’t have to keep to timezones. If everyone who was an LD proffesional tried to have an SD 3 times each, then who ever is asleep at that time will become lucid. Hopefuly there are enough pros around the world that it would develope into people becoming SLD in groups. Say I was to becme lucid and sd to everyone on the forum. I would also get the dutch forum as well.

So someone say WHEN (for the big SD).
Perhaps it’s not even necessary to actually all be dreaming at the same moment IRL … perhaps in our dreams we can connect across different time?
Peace,
Sruthan

Hey thats my theory Sruthan. Watch it. :tongue:

Technodreamer, I recently failed in trying to hold my breath in a LD. Note that I was in a similar position in bed in the LD and IRL.

Alright guys, I have a BIG update for later today.

Man, this LD I had during the weekend easily enters among the greatest I’ve ever had. Jack, your dream guide was there, I talked to her and wow. I’m writing this all down now from the rough notes I made when I woke up. It’s complicated, but it was way better than anything I’ve ever done before.

It lasted for what felt like over an hour in real time (longer in dream time of course).

-/edit/- It will be posted in the Dream Diary section later today, a short post here simply can do it justice.

Note also, that however much I might indicate in the post that it all takes place in some form of astral plane I still wholeheartedly believe that LDs are all in your head.

It’s just that so many things are strange in a logical fasion in this dream. The bartender that I talk to seems so human and his behavior is way too linear for a DC, but I guess you will get what I mean when you read the entry.

Done, posted in the dream diary section… pheew, I’m going to try for the Ravens again tonight… Maybe being a tornado too, laters.

i disagree. I think the brain is basically a turing machine, NOT a highly specialized adaptive set of algorithms.
If it is, then it can learn basically anything.

see, the brain can learn new things if it tries, adn i think theoretically you could learn to see in 4d. it just depends on the neuropathways (the structures) that are carved into your brain. It may be difficult and rare, but not impossible.

think of the kids who learn piano at age 2 and can have perfect pitch. Or autistics who can count hundreds of ■■■■ in a single second.
Amazing humans, “ridleys believe it or not,” things that would seem impossible.

for example, there were experiments with electrodes hooked up to this guys brain made it so he could learn to move a computer mouse (not precisely, but he could move the cursor.) Yet, this is an entirely new “sense”. he wasnt moving any part of the body, he just learned via biofeedback, which brainwaves needed to be replicated in order to move the mouse.
Thus, if you hooked every baby up to electrodes that gave them a new “body part”, such as wings or a tail, they would learn to use it just like it was fingers or feet.
And what if you hooked up even wierder stuff to a baby?

Like, gave it a bat’s sonar sense, or a dolphin/sharks sonar (or lateral line or whatever.)
Or gave a human the ability to spin webs via silk.

There is no way o fknowing for sure, but i believe the brain could learn to use these specific new powers. Its just a question of synapses growing and sending the appropriate electric signals, and learning to regulate those signals precisely.

now imagine blind people or people born blind and deaf from birth dont even visualize the world in a 3d/cartesian way. That is specific to people with sight… so how do these people do it? some sort of mental model based on sound and such. They may just use sound to try to systhesize a 3d world… but if theyve never seen one how would they know? more likely, they have a completley unique feedback model of the landscape.

And if all thats possible, why not 4d?

So, being a Tornado is quite cool. I swept around the land, tearing up farms as I went. When debris filled me up it felt kind of like having food in your mouth but in this case your whole body is one big mouth… cool.

I met your dreamguide again Jack, I’m afraid that this time it might have gone a little out of hand :smile:. Well, I promise I will be more serious next time. Maybe I should find my own DG, if she is that hot it will be worth it.

I have less recall this time so i won’t try and regive dialogue but it was strange. She had a burn on her left side which I made go away (and she was grateful, he he) then some weird chinese looking old man spoke in a weird language and scared the hell out of her. So I killed him. Then I don’t remember much.