waking up in paralysis

when I awoke from a lucid dream i think i was still sleeping, although fully conscious in my bed, with paralysis (i think i could still move my hands tho cause i was gonna start writing down my dream). Anyway all i could see was my blue wall with part of my poster on it and part of my headphones in my field of vision. After thinking i was trapped like this for all time haha i awoke, in the same position, with my poster and headphones in the same spot… it’s like i could acualyl see while i was sleeping…

Perhaps your eyes were open, but you weren’t fully awake? Any sensory input can be translated into a dream while you’re asleep, and vision is no exception. If you were already looking at what appeared to be the actual world during the FA, how can you be sure you ‘woke up’ after that and weren’t simply awake in SP the entire time? Did anything ‘change’ at that moment to indicate that you were actually still asleep while you were paralyzed?

Definitely sounds like some form of sleep paralysis to me.

Well im pretty sure i was still sleeping since its hazy, i dont remember how i snapped out of it but i remember i was gettin frustrated and wondered if i was ever gonna get out of it, the thing u said about external sensory output is making a lot of sense tho

A few years back when i was 10-11 i was at my grandmas house when i woke up and could not move at all i remember geting scared but after a few minutes i finally gained control of my body again, after that i just lay there for a while wondering what happened when it happened again, i dont know what happened that night and it has never happened again can anyone tell me what could have happened?

i know that i was awake because i was able to open and close my eyes and see around the room.

I dunno if this is sleep paralaysis or what but i woke up this morning and i couldn’t move but i heards sounds and i was aware of the stuff around me ut i couldn’t open my eyes to see after like 10 secs i had this really bad sensation of falling really fast. it lasted for like 2 mins. ughh not cool :confused:

This could be a negative effect of Lucid. As not everything is known, there could well be a negative side to it. Then again, there may not.

It is quite an oddity, sleeping yet being able to see the real world around you and have a fully conscious mind

I hate that :sad: . I get it a lot as part of my ND’s

I experienced sleep paralaysis once a few years ago. It lasted a minute or two. I thought there was a stranger in my room and I felt hands around my neck. I couldn’t move at all. It was scarey. Might have helped if i’d known about SP beforehand. :confused:

I find this experience quite cool myself, though probably not very cool the first time… But anyway… you can use this state to enter a dream consciousely, just try to stay calm and you will eventually find yourself in a dream allready fully lucid :smile: For me physical sensations comes first then vision comes later…

this might sound kinda corny but it felt like i was going into another reality i guess you could say

Fear,
Sounds like what happened to you might have something more to do with astral projection or oobe’s.
Just a thought.

I’ve had sleep paralysis several times. Don’t be scared. I am undecided on the topic of OOBEs, but I tend to believe that they don’t really happen. During centrifuge tests, pilots often report experiences that sound just like OOBEs or near death experiences, but it’s actually just the brain’s natural response when put under great stress. It’s just a dream. And I think that OOBEs are probably just dreams.

Sleep paralysis is exactly this: When you sleep, your motor functions are inhibited so that you don’t act out your dreams, and so that you don’t so much perceive what is around you. It’s more restful that way, and really, that’s why we sleep in the first place. Sometimes you become conscious before your motor responses wake up. This is more common when LDing because you’re conscious while asleep. Your perceptions return to you before your motor functions. Fortunately I knew all about this by the time I had my first SP. I didn’t get scared. I just thought, “Dammit. My arm won’t move. Come on, arm. Come on…” and waited it out.

At any rate, SP is nothing to be afraid of. It’s not supernatural. It’s not dangerous. It’s just something that happens when a couple of your bodily and neurological processes get out of synch.

Before i even heard of Lucid dreaming i had a dream where i lost my eyesight someway and when i woke up i couldn’t see for a few seconds, it was very scary.

God, the first time I had sleep paralysis, I was postive I was dying! My heart was pounding like a drum, my ears were ringing VERY loudly, shadows danced across my vision (my eyes were open when it happened!), and of course, I couldn’t move! I wanted to yell for help, but I couldn’t. I eventually overpowered it, and just as I took a breath to yell, the air hitting my lungs snapped me out of it. One of the scariest moments of my life!

However, I learned to channel this, and use it to have lucid dreams.

Being paralyzed sucks though. It happened once when I had to go to the bathroom! Worse, I convinced myself that I managed to get up and go to the bathroom, but I was really still in bed! :eek: Luckily I realized it just in time that I wasn’t really there, phew!

But anyway, the next time this happens to you, start imagining things, and they’ll most likely happen!