Device to detect ,brain waves, REM state...?

Hi all, :cool_laugh:

I have tried a lot of different approaches to gain Lucidity, but I just don’t make any progress. I have an idea:

Software exist (on this site) to alert you when dreaming. That should lead to a LD. But the problem is that this software does not “know” that you are in a REM state, it’s just generates a noise in a set time interval.

I am looking for a device that measures your brain waves and then when you’re in REM, generates a noise to become lucid. This is of course much more efficient!! :cool_laugh:

Ones your mind is trained to be conscious in dreams the device can be left out (I hope).

Does anyone know a device like this?

It would be something with a “think” to “glue” on your head to detect the waves…

Let me know!!! :cool_laugh:

Thx all…

Novadreamer. lucidity.com/catalog.html

It looks at your eyes, not your brain waves (I think).

Unfortunately, it costs £449.00 / $772.20! I think there is a lucid dreaming newsgroup and they probably have advice for making your own one there.

Thx 4 the reply.

Hmmm looks kind of cool but as you already wrote, very expensive.
Ill try to find the newsgroup you referred to…

Brainwaves would be fine, but a more simple method is to detect your eye movements with an IR-sensor.
If you can build it yourself it isn´t expensive, but I don´t know how difficult this is.

Search for kvasar, that is a Novadreamer clone using IR-Sensors

tapir

Thx tapir,

That’s really something. Looks not very easy but Ill sure going to try!!

Here is the URL for all:
brindefalk.solarbotics.net/kvasar/kvasar.html

well, another possibility could be measuring the heartbeat. I think that your heartbeat is pretty slow when you are in NREM sleep. It should rise a bit when moving to REM state. don’t know if it would work.

Well I think I have something better,

Trying to build the DreamWeaver:
cerebrex.com/0ldGraphics/drwevr.zip
Thx to MrEricSir

I replace the sensor with the CNY70. And the 2N22222 is wrong drawn. The emitter and collector are mixed up.

For all datasheets use www.newark.com

Still building… :cool_laugh:

a very simple method is penile tension detection (if you are a man…)I build a device that mesures my erection during the night and give feedback ( electrical pulses on my wrist)

I asked this in a similar topic … but,
are erections related to REM?

The novadreamer works like an optical mouse. It sits above your eyelids and can detect movement through infrared. It differs from a computer mouse though in that it’s invisible light … not bright red until you start to wiggle your eyes :smile:
… … . .hmm, … that’s exactly how my wireless optical mouse performs!!!

tapes wireless mouse to forehead

Not a bad idea. Its common knowledge that at REM a man gets an erection.

I tried the Novadreamer. The big big problem was the mask, it woke me up between 12 and 2. I never detected the light by the way. I thing the novadreamer is even worse because there are more components on the mask making it heavier. Anyway…

A very simple way to detect penile tension is a elastic band with a wire spinned around it. When the band is stretched the capacity changes because the wire is moving away from the wire next to it. This changes the distance between the wires, so the capacity is changed also. (This is use to measure the growth of trees). Very cheap…

The question dromer do you get Lucid, using this device?

sometimes no more than the novadreamer , say 1 out of 30 nights

Hi Nukem , kunnen we in het nederlands verder discussieren …

Is goed maar dit is een engels forum… Wat had je in gedachten?

wich shortcut work …

Vit B12 , B6 , E, C , folic acid, etc… no
fisholie : no
gingseng : no
codeine : no
caffeine : no
alcohol : no
THC : no
galanthamine : sometimes
vinpocetine en vincamine : sometimes
gingko : sometimes ( doses in excess of 500 mg extract)
biofeedback :tongue:enile tension : sometimes
eye movement: sometimes
heartbeat : no
respirationrate : no

vraagje weet je een nederlands forum ? mijn engels is verschrikkelijk
verder : ben al 10 jaar bezig en heb het volgende getest :
biofeedback : novadreamer : enkele lucide drooms dankzij de lichtflitsen maar een beetje later opnieuw een cue van de novadreamer en daar ging mijn lucide dream grrrrrr… verder “angstaanjagende” dromen door de incorperatie van de lichtflitsen in mn drome ze worden herkent als de nuclaire lichtflits van een atoomaanval

de novadreamer geeft dikwijls valse cues dus besloot ik om een toestel te bouwen dat enkel cues gaf in de rem faze dus bouwen van een penile tension model na een jaar een goed werkend model gemaakt. testen van verschillende cues : lichtflitsen via een stoboscoop, electricalpulsen via een biostimulator ( je kent deze wel … om spieren te laten groeien) en een geurapparaat ( masker op neus , pepermuntolie met behulp van een zuurstoffles verstuiven) echter allemaal zonder veel resultaat.
heb een test gedaan met het volgende : hartslagmeting met polar, ademregistratie, penile tension registratie en registratie van de oogbeweging via een novadreamer: enkel de PT registratie gaf een realistische REM detectie. heb wel ontdekt dat ik snurk hahahaha…
hartslag en ademhalingfrequentie voor remdetectie werkt niet.
ben nu bezig aan een EEG project zuiver voor de fun…
als ik echt een LD wil dan is het zes slapen 15 min wakker worden
op mijn rug liggen ( zo weinig mogelijk bewegen)gedurende ongeveer twee volle uren voordat de eerste beelden opkomen en dan een mogelijke lucide droom. omdat de spieren na een tweetal uren onbeweeglijk nogal pijnlijk aandoen gebruik ik soms aspirine met succes…

At the head of this forum, between the two wings and right beneath the eye, you see “nederlands”. If you’re searching for a Dutch forum, I’d say you click there (or go here) :smile: But please consider this is an English forum. You don’t have to be an expert in the English language to post here. As long as people understand what you’re talking about then it’s ok :smile:

Dromer:
Check your private messages and mail me please…

mystic
Your right…