Coffee and dreams!

I thought 50 mg is about one cup of coffee.
Dont know how strong you react on one cup of coffee?

Jeff

lol u did what??? thats pretty keen. but one hell of a good idea.

I was a heaps heavy coffee drinker, and it didnt do much for my lding, but i had one last week and it made me sick ??? dont know whats up with that so i cant drink it any more :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Very bad for me, now i drink tea, with more caffeen, that dont make me sick and it makes me live longer yer.

lol tell us please if the coffee works :smile:

cheers
Richard

I can’t stand drinking coffee, I think I just make mine to strong. I love tea, but if I drink it before bed, I’ll be up till 1 or 2 o’clock in the morning.

I could get used to coffee though, I’ll try it.

Technodreamer :cool:

I can see how coffee can help with at least dream recall and perhaps LD’s.
In my experiance and this is before I even started the hole hunt for a LD.
When I was in high school I would often stay up all night. And when i finnally decided that i had to go to sleep, knowing that i would have to get up for school in an hour, I would take anphettamines so that I would wake up soon after falling asleep. I had also done the same thing with verious dietary aids, Red Bull, Woop Ass, and other energy providers. And every time I would have the most vivid and intence dreams.

I no longer do that though, ANd don’t suggest it. Though waking up on anphettamines is the greatest felling in the world. It seriously screws up your sleep cycle and is a total system shock. Not to mention it is incredably unhealthy.

But i have found in my own experiance that stimulants do indeed creat more vivid dreams. And i know its not a placebo effect because like i said i did this before i had any interest in having more vivid dreams.

Has anyone attempted taking a pocket coffee after you
wake up during the night?

I think it might induce that state of mind required to go lucid…

kinko:

God damned :smile:. I just noticed this topic and i wrote some time ago about this same thing in Finnish LD forum :smile:.

I noticed coffees effect about half year ago. My girlfriend is mostly sleeping my place and she usually go’s to school earlyer than me.
So when she wakes up for school, i make some coffee and enjoy it. After she goes to school i go back to bed.

My dreams are much more accurate and also it’s easyer to get Dild. I supose it could also help with Wild. :smile:

I’ll have to try this. I don’t drink coffee very often but I don’t mind it. I’ve had no luck so far with falling asleep conciously - I just fall asleep.

So I need not have tried mint tea, I could have stayed with my usual coffee :tongue:

OK, coffee contains caffiene. The caffiene works like a very mild herione. Anyway, it basiclly stops you from entering deep sleeps or trances. This keeps you in REM sleep longer and you wake up with more vivid dream scenes. This also contributes to the exuasted feeling whne you get up, because you have had little Non-REM. So when you feel exuasted, what do you do, go and drink another coffee or tea. Ofcourse the effects are mild, so you don’t completely loose out on non-REM.

I personally drink half a cup as I go to bed. And set my alarm to go off at 7.

The Wakeup-take pocket coffee-back to bed thing didn’t work for me…
Just wanted to let you know…

I can only theorise that the caffiene effect wore of before you awoke or that it effected you less strongly than me or other people.

I think the amount of coffee contained in a ‘pocket coffee’ must be not that large to have enough of an effect. It also contains some chocolate however…

Are you joking? I drank a whole cup of tea before bed and was still awake at one in the morning. Whne I did get to sleep, I suffered a lack of non-REm and waked up feeling refreshed, but in some ways exuasted.

Also, drinking tea has more consequences than you think. Having to suffer the noise of you parents having sex is realy bad. It is a horror, that I could best describe as throwing your monitor out of the windows and pushing it really hard so it hits the ground and smashes even more. I was just about to get to sleep and when I became aware I tried to drag my self into an LD - of which this type of induction is very rare, but very lucky. (for me anyway). When you hear your parents doing it you just want to shriek “shut the hell up” or to pick up something and smash it against the wall. Its this sort of overwhelming anger which gives you the desire to smash things up or alternativly go deaf.

Well that’s m,y rant over. So I’m going to let myself sleep tonight. So I can actually get proper sleep.

I know what you mean, i have the same affect to caffeine. I want to experiment more on this b/c my recall really sucks and i smoke pot. Jeff told me some time ago, it could help and counter act the effect from memory loss. It works most of the time, i just get bad bellyaches when i drink coffee before i sleep. Sometimes my stomach will hurt the entire night. I was thinking of just cappuccino, but im not sure if that has the same affect. I need to get more involved with this, i think once i get on top of this, ld’s might show up :wink:

I think the dosage with coffee experimentsd is extremely important!
And its wiser to first have at least 5 hours of sleep so u had your deep sleep and are rested.
But the real trick comes from calculating/testing the precise dosage.

Interesting would be 5htp and the right dosage of coffee after 5 of sleep.
Worth some experimenting :smile:
Or the precise dosage of coffee mixed with calea.

My coffee smell experiment still rocks for rememberign my dreams.
but u need ear plugs lol those machines make a grrr noise lol.

Jeff

Yesterday I had an LD and I had tried drinking decaf coffee.
I’ll try again tonight…

I read somewhere, I think on this forum, that the amount of caffine in a cup of coffe is enough to keep you awake for 15 minutes only and people only stay awake longer than that because of the placebo - they think the coffee will keep the awake longer so the stay awake longer. I think that this is true in my case, but I also think the caffine stimulates the brain for much longer than 15 minutes. I have only had very few LDs and they were all short because I could not concentrate on the dream and I always forget that its a dream. One of them, which was very vivid was after drinking coffee before I went to bed. I’m sure the caffine either increased my recall or made the dream much more vivid than normal.
I tried drinking a can of coke last night straight before going to bed but I think that was too much caffine to close to sleeping. I tried WILD but I think I had to much caffine to get fully to sleep so I was kind of trapped between waking and sleeping for about 20 minutes. I did start to hear sounds alternating from ear to ear but whenever I heard these I just woke up too easily.

Jeff: You mentioned using earplugs. Do you think these could have had an effect on your dreaming. I imagine earplugs would shut you senses off from the real world more and maybe help you have a vivid or lucid dream. I think I will buy some and try…

Has anyone tried using caffine pills? The caffine uptake should be slower and easyer to get the right amount. So one should be able to go to sleep before the caffine gets into the blood or where ever it goes. And they are cheap.

Hello, my friend told me that last night he drank loads of Pepsi, not for any dream related reasons, and that it took him ages to get to sleep, obviously due to the caffine. He later had 3 LDs that night, and one of them was the best he has ever had in terms of clarity of experience. He is a natural LDer, but he generally only has a couple a week, and this was a new high for him. Just a bit of anecdotal evidence if anyone wants to try caffine before going to bed.

A few nights ago I had a double shot expreso and a red bull. I had a lucid dream. However, it wasn’t like a natural LD. It was like my mind was more awake then it should be. I was completely droggy and felt drugged. I could barely move. In the dream I was caught on drugs, so even though I had become lucid, I was really afraid that it might be real, so I woke myself up.

HEH