Eyelids technique - new effortless technique!

Sound like a usefull tecnique. Sounds like an extended version of the calmed tecnique, ofcourse that sounds difficult since I have truble waking up without an alarmclock. thanks for the tip. (btw I hear many things)

Hi there!

This is my technique! It was cool to see it posted in here! So I signed up.

You know how I found this technique. You know I wrote that it was partially because of a guy at another board - THIS BOARD. I got the idea from the CHAINING technique. I have simply added something to the CHAINING technique. I have stressed the importance of USING YOUR IMAGINATION.

Using the eyelids-thing is a good way. But also imagining being someplace and doing a kinesthetic activity is also great.

Thomas

So you advise us not to budge when we wake up in the middle of the night?

How do you just randomly wake yourself up in the middle of the night? An alarm clock? or do you just somehow DO it?

I often awake in the middle of the night by myself. But you could use an alarmclock and just turn it off immediatly. But no matter how long you have been awake, you can still try it. It’s best though, if you lay back to sleep immediatly when you awaken though.

The two key points in this technique is:

1. When you wake, go to sleep immediatly
  2. Use your imagination to enter the dream.
    a) Imagine you’re doing a kinesthetic activity associated (looking out through your own eyes)
    b) Look through your closed eyelids - of course in your imagination. Whether you see what is really there in front of you, or you see something else is not important.

Happy lucidity!

Thomas

Any particular time into your sleep that you usually wake up at?

Very interesting! But still, I don’t see how you are roused from sleep without the aid of any external noise or stimulus. Any advice on how to do your random awakening thing?

Must be late or i really dont see the diffrence from usuall WILD.Its just personally modified,slightly.Id still call it WILD.
Wild uses hypnagogics to enter the dream,creating shapes of your dreamsigns(to ld) or just observing them(to obe).
thats what i allways thought.

About waking at night… I frequently wake in the middle of the night. In fact, its rare for me to just fall asleep and sleep straight through. I used to be able to wake at a specific time by just telling myself I needed to. I used to get up for school that way when I was in high school. Tell myslef to get up at seven and I would.

I finally managed to try it. Wake up by alarm under my pillow, reach it to shut it and then don’t move and go back to sleep immediately ie. look at hypnagogics/use my imagination and try to imagine myself doing something from the first person perspective.

When I first succeded I had 3 LDs in a row, 3 days later 3 more. I’m still not that good at concentrating at hypnogogics when I go back to sleep, but I’m getting better at it. And with quantity I can finally focus on quality, that is, attaining a higher level lucidity.

Alright! :beer:

Oh and by the way… Thanks go to LucidGuess, Thomas and zin for sharing this technique with us and with alt.dreams.lucid.

Cheers again! :beer:

:gni:

I have successfully gone into WILD when I’ve woken up with images already visible through my eyelids. I’ll give this a try if I get the chance.

I tried this 3 times and everytime had LD :grin: :grin: :grin:

allthough it did not happen when I was doing this tchnique, I fell asleep and after a while (I think I slept about half an hour) had LD

Perhaps the problem for me is that when I use this tech, I become very aware of things and when I sart to dream, awareness wakes me up immediatedly

I was wondering that is the primary target to have LD at the same time when doing this? If so I should work on this further.

Alright… I think I am doing something wrong.

This is supossed to be “effortless”, maybe I am putting effort into it… :content:

Whenever I try this my eyes open. If I relax my eyes and don’t look then they stay shut but if I try to look through my eyelids I have to force my eyelids to stay shut. What is reccomended?

I tried this last night two times, but i didn’t manage to do so.
The first time i woke up, i played dead and tried to imagine the room i was in through my eyelids. I could not get a clear scenery and moreover i heard a watch ticking which distracted me a lot. And my heart was beating faster because i got too excited. So i gave up, took the battery out of the watch and went to sleep again. I was a bit angered because for this try i forgot the dream i had.
When i woke up again, i had the problem of hearing my girlfriend breathing which made me furious. Furthermore my heart started beating faster again and i could not get a clear imagination, though i had a strange feeling in my body like the first time.
At least i think i was able to get an idea of what to do.
I know that i have to stay calm in this situation. But how? Can you suggest something? I think i should try it again, when i’m sleeping alone.

cu,
Amoebe

The first times you try it, you get excited, that’s natural. The expectations are big. :content: But after trying and retrying it, you’ll just do it by the way, without thinking too much about it. And that’s it.

Sounds good can’t wait to try it

Sounds like a good one. Problem is ( and it looks like I’m not alone) It’s gonna take me a while to wake myself up middle of the night without an alarm clock. I’m gonna try it tonight though and as soon as I get the chance I’ll post the results. :content:

glad i’m not alone.i thought this would be awesome for i know that i wake frequently at night so i tried and had the same heart beating problem and it was impossible to fall asleep i concentratedpretty hard oh well,success rate sounds high so i’ll keep trying tonight! :tongue:

I have the same prob as kcdonald, when i relax my eye lids they open a bit, this has been a prob 4 WILD too :bored: