Been cubed?

Hmmmm… thats interesting Atheist. Your cube is dark and cold… not lit by the sun… and then you say that you are often seen to be pessimistic. The sun in your dessert is not warming your cube… hmmm. :smile:

I have a book about the cube. It presents ideas that seem to be common meanings for different aspects of the visualisation. For instance… cubes that balance on one corner, like mine for instance, tend to come from people who are perfectionists. This is by no means a universal decoder but they are interpretations that, through many interviews, the autors have found to be most common. Your ladder laying on the ground doesn’t necessarily mean that friends have no use for you but rather you keep friends around you that don’t need to support themselves on you?

Greyfyre… you have a door into your cube, do you consider yourself an open person… like to let people inside your head or heart? But its dark inside… hmmmm. Do you like your friends to depend on you? Or do you feel like they do rely on you? Your ladder leans against you. A

Anyway… you can see how I’m looking at it. Technically you can only do this once because once you know what things mean that affects it BUT a funny thing happened when I posted this. When I was first cubed my horse was way in the background. Same horse… blinders, grazing in my desert… but when I was posting this, the horse was standing near my cube. When I was first cubed I was with my first girlfriend… someone who wasn’t right or me and now I am with a girl who suits me much better… who I am much closer with.

My desert is red with a blue sky and lots of soft shapes in the sand, pretty strong colors.
The cube is in the middle of the desert, it’s well placed into the ground. It is white, partly transparent, with a little stench of light blue. It looks like ice, but I think it was of glass. If you taste it, it is salt.
The ladder is made of rusty iron, I think. It is straight, and attached to the cube. The top of the ladder makes an u-turn and ends in the cube, like most ladders which are attached to an object would do.
In front of the cube, there is a grey/black donkey (!).
The storm is a sand storm, and it covers the ice cube, but the donkey is unaffected.
When I am going to think about the flowers, the storm suddently ends, it gets sunny, and they springs all over the place, and then I mean everywhere! (except on the cube) The most dominant colors of the flowers are green and violet (and I think yellow too).

I would be happy for any inputs on this cube.

It’s strange how everyone’s ladder is leaning up against their cube. It’s as if they felt that in some way the objects in the scene needed to connect in some way. My ladder was laying on the ground, almost thrown away from the scene - as if it was useless.

I couldn’t help but widen my eyes when I read your comment about the position of the cube. My cube was also balancing on one corner, and for pretty much my whole life I’ve been a perfectionist. That certainly dosn’t mean I do things better than anyone else, it just means I can’t rest until it’s, well, perfect. I can’t stand living in an untidy room, just as much as I can’t stand writing untidy code. Anyway, whether the position of the cube has anything to do with this or not, it’s intriguing non the less.

Well, I don’t know quite how to put it. I don’t go out of my way to open up to people, so those who know me best are the ones that kept at it. I feel that the reason my cube is dark on the inside is that I do not encourage people to get to know me better - only the ones brave enough to take a look dispite the lack of information from the outset find out what is on the inside.

As for the ladder, yeah, most of my friends rely on me. Most of the time it is for a second opinion or just someone to talk to. It’s funny, when I imagined the ladder it ‘felt’ rather light. I suppose it’s because I enjoy listening to the concerns and ideas of my friends.

And to the balanced cube on a corner folk, I don’t know how you do it. As long as it is done ‘suficiently’ well, it’s good in my book. :eh: Though reaching ‘suficient’ can be quite a task at times…

:wink: This exercise is a great way to take a good look at the kind of person you are/are becoming.

:grin: I think it may be time to knock out a few windows in the cube, and install some lighting.

You know whats really interesting Atheist… my cube balances on its corner too and I also have some of the perfectionist thing going. I am an artist (thought I don’t really like that term) and I don’t rest until a picture or piece is exactly how I want it to come out. I also don’t like being in messy rooms. Im not really uptight about it and lord knows I let my own clutter get out of hand at times but I am never fully comfortable when I do.

I don’t know what to think about the pool ladder attached to the salt cube. Hmmm… are you very attached to your friends? And a salt cube… puns can be important too as they make up a system of imagery for our minds. Are you the salt of the earth? About the horse being a mule… my book says that often when someone has a mule instead of a horse its because they see their mate as stubborn. Usually the illusion of romance has worn off. Perhaps you were annoyed the day you were cubed. If you don’t currently have someone then perhaps you prefer someone who is a little stubborn… stands up for what they want?

Greyfyre, I do find it interesting to do this sort of thing. Its fun if nothing else. Interesting still is what you said about knocking some windows in the house. If this desert/cube/horse/etc image IS indeed some sort of ingrained symbol of self-image then could a change themself by imagining the desert the way they want it to be? For instance… could I relax my perfectionist tendencies by imagining that my cube flop over on its side?

Here’s my picture.So far,I know I need to cram as many details in things as possible. :smile:

1.My desert landscape is just a flat arid plane.No hills, it’s just there with a pond off to the right side.It’s really bright and sunny on the ground,but the sky is a navy blue.

2.My cube is blue,like the ocean.It’s small,so it’s not in front of the sky.It’s not on a corner, but it’s leaning forward,like it’s about to tip over.

3.My ladder is right next to the cube.It’s right behind it and a little off the the right of the cube.It’s still in front of the pond.It’s also leaning away from the cube.

4.Way back in the background there is a brown horse just running from one side of the picture to the other.

5.The storm is also in the background in the shape of a dark cloud raining.It’s following the horse and the horse is running from it.

6.My flowers are right in front of the picture covering the foreground, but not covering any of my objects.They are red and have five petals(I don’t think the petals mean much though)

I also forgot to mention that my lader is wooden,and it seems polished.

Well, by just doing the cube exercise, we are made aware of anything we would like to change, so that in itself is a start. If we go a step further than just imagining the changes, by making a point of being like we want to be (eg, letting things just be ok rather than perfect, or opening up more) I think this could work to affect a significant change.

Perhaps if when we recognize a situation where we want to act different, imagine the cube the way we want it to be, and then act accordingly it would work?

ok, without having read any of the other replies i did it.
<edit, i read some of the descriptions now and i’ll be more specific :wink: >

at first i couldn’t imagine a desert. everything was flowery and shrubberish. i did my best to imagine a desert. finally there it was. golden white sand in mountains and quiet and peaceful. It is night. The sky is clear and the stars shine bright.

my cube didn’t start out as a cube but as a blue 4 side piramid with a white lotus like open flower on top. it was all shiny. it opened and out came a beam of light and in there was a cube rotating and going up into the ray of light. the cube was shiny. like glass but not of glass. it went up and up and finally came down again and settled into the sand at the place the pyramid was. eveything was shiny and glowing and pulsating with light.

after that a ladder. very very high reaching into the stars, until there was some kind of ceiling (darkblue) in which it ended. it came right out of the (now shining white) cube. the ladder was also made of a white material. and was also glowing a little. imagine pure white light condensed and shaped with a soft glow.

i had to peek then. oh yeah, a horse. the horse was white and had wings and it came from out of the sky and landed in the cube.

then a storm. gentle winds blow over the scene and avoiding the cube and ladder.

then the flowers. they came sudden and where many and covered the whole desert. all colors and shapes.

ok now i’ll read the others and wait for your interpretation :smile:

Q :wiske:

I find this kind of thing really interesting. The sky in my desert was dark, even though I had the feeling it wasn’t night yet. There was one cactus standing alone this brown and orange sand. It had hills all around, but tiny ones that would only go up to your knees. The wind was also blowing a little bit, but it came in tiny sweeps because you could see the sand twirling around in certain places. My cube was really tiny, not much bigger than a dice, and it was made of clear glass, even though I couldn’t really see through it. My horse was brown with a white spot, and it was kind of just standing by the cube, looking around. It had a saddle on. The storm was in the distance, and I could see it coming closer, it was made of dark grey, black and purple clouds, and lighting in between. I only had three flowers, they were pink with green leaves surrounding them. They weren’t really close to the cube, but they were all surrounding it. And the ladder was plain and wooden, and lying at no angle, really. Hmmm … :neutral:

Wow, pasQuale, that is some image. Without knowing you it would be hard to decode any of that but I can give you a few of the common meanings for some of the things you talk about.
A pyramid usually signifies a person who is a quiet behind the scenes person. Like an unsung hero… but your cube is coming out of the pyramid? Hmmmm… its clear but not glass… could be ice? Diamond?

A pegasus or flying horse can be someone who transports you to a good place… sweeps you off your feet (sometimes means someone who is new to you or feels new). Conversely it could literally mean that your “partner” flies… pilot or someone who flies a lot.

Many flowers could signify that you have many spread interests… love diversity. Or your children are all very distinct personalities.

Any of this hitting home? :content:

that i can relate to. maybe the cube coming out of the piramid says i’m literally ‘coming’ out. so instead of behing the scenes into the spotlight :cool:

no, more like the shape of the cube with outlines. like when it is hot you see the hot air above the road? something like that, but with cubey outlines.

yep, he definately has transported me to a good place :smile:

i don’t have children so that doesn’t fit.
i have many interest, that is true.

thanks, some of it is :smile: especially the pyramid part was. i thought i was strange having no cube but a pyramid :smile:

:wiske: Q

Good that somethings coming out of it. So the cube itself isnt made of anything but rather … uhm… insinuated… by the shape of these wavy heat distortions? Like the cube is made out of the ether?

My desert is has red and orange sand barely visible except by the dim moonlight. My cube is has sides of about 10 feet and is resting partially in the ground. The steel ladder is alongside one face of the cube and goes up approximately 40 feet, where a horse is leaping off of it into a pool created by the storm within the cube (the top face is missing). Flowers grow around the cube.

i haven’t posted in a long time.
occasionally i’ll browse the forums though.
this time i decided to join in.
here’s my mind-scape.

the desert is flat and open.
there are a few random rock formations like those you’d see in utah or roadrunner cartoons.
also there are a few dried up bushes scattered here and there.
brownish shrubbery… low to the ground… mound-like in shape.

the cube is small… or at least looks small in the vastness.
it’s dark blue, hard, and glossy… almost like a mirror.
if this landscape were a design (which i might just try to make) the cube would be the focal point.
dead center near the bottom half of the picture.

the latter is a plain gray alluminum ladder off in the distance.
to the right of center.
just kind of standing straight up for no apparent reason.

the horse is also off in the distance.
just standing there looking big and horsey.
dark brown. almost black.
i don’t know my horse types but i’d guess it to be an arabian.
the big muscular type horses.

the storm is a thunderstorm.
it too is off in the distance but the big thick clouds cover the entire sky darkening the landscape.
the clouds are dark gray with a hint of purple, flickering internaly with lightning.
there’s heavy rain far away making the clouds seem to touch the ground.

there are a few small white flowers on the dried up bushes.
the kind of tiny flowers often seen in this type of setting.

there ya go doc.
am i nuts?

1. my desert is full of sand and has lots of dunes. there is also a lot of tumbleweed blowing across.
  2. my cube is about 2 feet per edge. it’s purple and made of glass.
  3. the ladder is made of wood and is about 7 feet. it’s very smooth and rounded, and its standing up on its own right next to the cube
  4. the horse is grey and has a brown saddle. it is just standing by the cube and ladder.
  5. the storm is fast moving, the clouds are dark and the entire sky is clouds. there is rain and also lots of lightning. the other objects are unfazed by the storm.
  6. the flowers are small, and have white pedals and a red middle. they are all around, carpeting the desert.

where does it say what these things mean?

You can click on the link in the first post of this thread or PM me and I will write you back and let you know what each thing means.

Its really interesting to hear how varied the images are that people are creating.

The storm inside the cube… do you feel like you cause your own disturbances within your life? Or that your problems come from you? What else would that mean?

Why are there so many people with clear cubes?

Can you tell us what the meaning of that is please?

Well, I don’t have my book handy right now to give you the common answer but I could take a stab at it. I suppose it would depend. Just talking about it being clear or transparent could mean just that. Maybe you are bad at lying or disguising your true thoughts. People can see right through you.

If the cube was made out of glass it could mean that you are fragile or consider yourself to be so… or maybe others do.
If its made out of diamond maybe you are hard. The absolute hardest person… stone cold and immovable.

The idea is that knowing what the symbols mean help you to look at the language of symbols you are using for each aspect of the image. Puns are often utilized. Its hard for me to say what each of these examples we’re seeing means without partially knowing the people involved but it sure is interesting to read them and speculate.

My cube was made of a cold blue “non-existant” material sitting in the sunny yellow dessert. lol: The ladder was wood and sort of stabbed through or stuck inside of the cube (so try to life sigh). My horse was quiet and non chalant and just sort of sitting there waiting patiently. He was pretty. My storm was a samd storm in the distance behind everything and my flowers were colorful and pretty and all over the place.
Sorry to dig up an old thread yet again but I couldn’t resist this one.