How do you know lucid dreaming isnt just another dream

Ok here it is, when your dreaming you have certain sequences, ok so in a lucid dream how do you kno wyour not just dreaming and this is what you dreamed up. How do you know you didn’t just dream about having a lucid dream. I mean dreams dont follow any structure so you could be normally dreaming the whole time you had a lucid dream it’s just that your normal dream structured your dream like that.

Hi

You are right,it can happen.I have dreamed that i have a lucid dream,this is weird…
But when i have a real LD i know it.
I could be shouting out loud “i am in a lucid dream” and still not lucid.The only thing that counts is that you are aware of the dream,that your “day-counciousness” (as i call it) is “activated”.

I can´t really describe it,but i am absolutely sure of it.It is similar to the feeling of being awake.You can´t tell why you know that you are awake,but still you know it.

Traumgänger

I call those “Fake Lucid Dreams”
They happen all the time for me, its as if you know your dreaming, but your left brain 95% turned off. So you cant really think logically.

A lot of people I’ve tried to talk to just dismiss LDing as ‘dreaming about being concious in a dream’ but There has been studies done. Read this:
https://www.lucid-dreaming.com/slbbs/

I’ve also had dreams about being lucid, but you can usually tell them apart, because you don’t do anything you would have wanted to do in an LD. You can tell the difference when you have a real one, but i cant describe it either.
Anyway, who cares if it IS just a regular dream?, all you have are your memories anyway, Think of the matrix. “Ignorance is bliss” …
And if you did what you wanted to do in a dream, I don’t see the difference.

Well, If you dreamed a ld you probably would know. In my dreams wheni dream a dream i know cause i wake up after i dremed the dream.Is that confusing? :smile: When you have an ld i know cause in my dreams that i dream i usaully see my self go to bed. :wink:

This is a realy interresting topic i might say. The question is, how to know its a LD and not a normal dream?. And i say, In that you mean, how does it differ?
I can say this: it isnt that mutch realy.
First of all, in a dream you know that what you are dreaming is real. The same as you do as you KNOW that this is real when you read this. But when you are lucid you have another kind of awareness about things. You know for sure, “This is a dream, right atm im laying in my bed, sleeping, and this is all in my head. So what shall i do now?”. You know that you are in a little place called your fantasy, so everything is possible.

I think that LD and normal daydream is mutch a like, but in LD you are DREAMING and 100% in the dreamworld, due to what you imagine can take place and what you want or desire can come to you within a though, an aware thought, not just your subconciosness talking.

So this is what ive come up with: LDs and normal dreams differs that your counciosness have more control over the dream than normally, and not your subconciosness. There are a small group of people which the subconciosness have no control over the dream. They are the people who can do anything, due to nothing is stopping them.

i say… it doesn’t matter !!
when i dream that im lucid, i get lucid. cause i say “hey, im dreaming”. even if it is a dream within a dream. either way, its all good. its similar to having a dream of an OBE. you leave your body and fly around. again, you are semi-conscious and have some amount of control. even when you wake up and realise that it wasn’t really an OBE, you were lucid.

I’m going out on a limb here and suggest that “mrwhiteytighties” who started this topic has never had a lucid dream. His question is typical of those who have not had one. And the questions can get very fanciful in trying to get people to question their own reality. This is not a bad thing. I have had some tremendous insights into the nature of Lucid Dreaming by trying to answer these types of questions.

I only post this message to keep Lucid Dreamers from questioning themselves too seriously.

In the past I have compared describing Lucid Dreaming to trying to describe the taste of an orange. We can describe it until we are “orange” in the face, but no one else can know what you are talking about until they eat the orange!

It’s the same with Lucid Dreaming. Those who haven’t done it, question it, say it must be like something else, or don’t believe it can be done. But we all know better, don’t we?:slight_smile:

:smile: