any GOOD MEmorzing techniques......anyone?

Hey everyone, well in abuot 4 days I will have a big test in world history on every country and capital in asia, africa, and europe. I know I could memorize them simply studing blah blah blah, but theres sooo much!!! So does anyone have any good memorizing techniques? Has anyone tried playing tapes of whatever it is you have to memorize in your sleep? lol. but seriously, does that work? any other techniques? thanks soo much, Ben

This only works for some people but it might work for you.
What you do is make a rhyme or poem or a catchy sentence about the place and capital you’re trying to remember.
It might be hard to do it for the strange sounding places in which case i think you just have to memorise them.
You couuld also get a map and try to look at the names and places and visualise the map in the exam.
Sorry if these techniques aren’t really good…i guess studying is the only way really.

I bet I can… and some in asia…

:cool:

ok…

Ireland: Dublin
England London
Scotland Edinburgh
Wales Cardiff
Portugal Lisbon
Spain Madrid
France Paris
Andora (don’t ask me what the capital is :eh: )
Germany Berlin
Switzerland Berne
Austria uhh… I can’t remember…
Liechtenstein (no clue as to the capital)
Poland Warsaw
Italy Rome
Greece Athens
Belgium Brussels (that’s easy to remember because they both begin with B and have l in them)
Holland Amsterdam
Czech Republic …dunno
Yugoslavia… dunno

There, and all of that from memory… now to asia:

Japan Tokyo
China Beijing
Vietnam Hanoi

and that’s all I can think of…

Africa

umm…

South Africa Johannesburg
Nigeria Timbuktu ( I think)

me geography good :happy: booya… heheh me geography good indeed.

For me, I memorize it by the map and try to visualize them during the exam. I haven’t attempted to study in a LD yet though.

Hey you just gave me something else to add on my LD To Do list! :happy: Thank you! :happy: