too much REM sleep?

Is it possible to dream TOO MUCH, if it interferes with your deep sleep patterns? I usually remember about 4-5 dreams a night if I get at least 8 hours of sleep. But I’m always tired, I don’t have much energy at all, I really don’t remember the last time I wasn’t tired. I was just wondering if I could be in the REM stage for longer than normal, and not getting into the deep sleep stage for long enough. Any input would be appreciated.

Well I have what you have when I try too hard too be lucid.
I remember mostly as much dreams as you do, no matter how long I slept.
When I try hard to be lucid, I normally need about 10 hours of sleep, when I don’t try to be lucid but try to completely relax instead, I wake up after 6 hours of sleep. I don’t know if you are doing a great effort to become lucid.
Anyway It doesn’t necessary have to do with it. I don’t have a very regular sleeppattern. Some trimesters I need much more sleep then others and some periods I have much less energy then others. That does just seems to happen to me sometimes :smile:

I dont think there can be too much REM sleep.Rem function(as far as we know)is to make us feel rested(thats why sometimes when in sleep doubt we start sleeping with REM phase-as i understood from BrainHacker`s articles in Laboratory)
More likely you need to set up different times to go to sleep and wake up.Just experiment with it a bit.One of the thories says the best time is from 10pm-6am-but it might be different for you.
Secondly-maybe 8 hrs is just not enough in your case.It allways depends on a person-me for example,i need 10hrs or im dead.
Last thing-it doesnt have to be connected with your sleeping-you might need more of some vitamins,minerals or different diet.Being tired after 8 hrs of sleep for a long time isnt usually the fault of sleeping itself
take care

Well I need about 12 hours to feel rested, but unfortunately that’s only possible on weekends. I’ve remembered alot more dreams since I started trying to become lucid, but didn’t really notice an increase or decrease in energy. I’ve just been wondering if I have some kind of sleep disorder. But I guess it can’t be that I’m not getting enough deep sleep, cuz I’m a very deep sleeper. I’d probably sleep through a tornado crashing through the house.