Dream Termination

The only LD I have had so far happened like this: I dreamed I was playing a computer game and went into it. I was in the Matrix running from agents. It was very real then the dream quite abruptly ended. I just saw the blackness you see when you close your eyes. Then I realized that I had been dreaming and became lucid. I was lucid for a while then I woke up. I thought it was the morning as it was dark outside. Then I heard the door open and wondered if it was burglars. Soon however I understood that I had had an afternoon nap.

In this LD I didn’t become lucid in the dream itself. It was only after it stopped I saw that I was dreaming. Therefore does anyone know if it’s possible to initiate this procedure of terminating the dream but not waking up, so you realize that you had been dreaming?

um i wouldnt do that if i were you.

ok here is the thing. in alot of my lds i almost wake up. having that blackness, no dream image etc. This is on the verge of waking up, and if you were trying to do reach lucidity it think it would be very difficulate seeing there are no ques bar the nothin ness, i spose u could use that as a sign but i think it would be risky for you will almost certanly wake up straight up afterwards.
In most of my lds where i have had this i drop lucidity and fall back into the dream and get stable again than i always go lucid again.

i think it would be risky thats all

When a dream ends, and you find yourself in the dark, realizing that you were in a dream, there are a number of options as to what you can do at this point. Your mind has just woken up, but you have not opened your eyes or moved a muscle. You can

A. Fall Back into the dream as DreamScape said. tell youself that you will be dreaming the next you see. and become lucid.

B. Attempt WILD, both of my WILD/OBE/SP have begun in this stage. its very easy as you are already halfway there.

C. Incubate a dream, think about what you want to dream about, think about the scene, whats around you, how you feel. you could even try to re-enter a dream you had nights ago. Before too long you will probably find yourself in the desired dream.

D. Recall you dream. You havent actually fully woken up yet, your eyes are still closed, and the dreams are fresh in your head, retrace your steps. you mighy be surprised at the amount to detail you can recall.

As to terminating a dream the best way I have found (by accident) is to close your dream eyes. I found this out after many failed attempted Teleports :sad:, I would close my eyes to teleport, and end up opening my real eyes. So to get to the half-awake state, just close your dream eyes and relax, from here you can try the above suggestions.
Another technique i have read about is to focus on one thing in the dream, and stare at it, apparently this stops your real eyes from moving, and after a little while the REM period ends and your dream fades. I haven’t personally tried that method though.

Well, good luck. Hope it helps

Cheers,
-Stokesy

stokesy i know what u mean by closing ur eyes, it took me ages not to open my real eyes and only my dream eyes. i always awoke with a headach too. and that 4 telling me staring at somthin in a dream wakes u up i didnt know that lol good by candle medatition lol

thanx again Richard