Please Help Me

Last night, I went to bed at 12:30 and set my alarm for 5:30, but unfortunately, I got woken up at 4:20 and couldn’t go back to sleep. I attempted to have a WILD anyway, after reading this message board and other information about lucid dreaming. I put on some music and tried to remain conscious while starting to sleep, but it wasn’t working. I wasn’t seeing any images or anything; I just couldn’t fall asleep. I turned off the music and tried again, but it just wasn’t working! :neutral:
The next thing I knew, it was 12:30 p.m. and I was in my bed. Apparently, I’d fallen asleep…but I know that I wasn’t conscious in my dreams. I certainly didn’t just enter into one. What went wrong? Why couldn’t I sleep? Is it because of my early waking, or something else? Please help me. I’d really, really appreciate it. Thank you!
[/quote]

I can’t answer all your questions, but I hope you keep trying! WILD doesn’t work every time (thats a understatement), but you will get better with practice. Good luck!

I definitely feel your pain! I’ve been LD’ing (or trying anyways hehe) for a couple of years now, and I have yet to have any success with the WILD method. I don’t know if it’s some sort of mental block or something, but every LD I’ve ever had has came from the DILD method. I guess I’m just weird lol.

Last night I had the exact same problem you described in your post. I went to bed at around 11pm and set my alarm for 3am (so I could try the WBTB method). Anyways, I decided to try WILD as I went to sleep. Generally one of two things happen to me when I try WILD. Either I slip into unconsciousness right before I actually fall asleep, or I simply can’t go to sleep. Last night I tried WILD for about two hours with no success… and no sleep either. Then when I said f*** it and gave up, I still couldn’t go to sleep. I ended up staying up until 5am before I finally dozed off.

So I might suggest trying one of the other methods of LD’ing, but don’t give up on WILD entirely. From what I hear, once you finally “get it”, it becomes much easier. Good luck!!

I think that you are trying to hard to lucid dream. It takes a while for your body/mind to become accustomed to these things.
The first time I lucid dreamed was after giving up trying for a week and then sleeping without any thought of it.
Keeping doing rc’s and maybe take a break if you need one.