Starting A Dream Diary....

I really want to start one, its just really hard cuz i never wake up like in the middle of the night, i always sleep straight through, and when i wake up in the morning, i never have any time, i always have to rush off to school :grrr: . Any tips/suggestions?

In my opinion, it’s almost essential to wake up periodically through the night if you want good recall. All you need is an alarm. If for some reason you are unable to use an alarm, try drinking 3 glasses of water before going to bed. Each time you wake up, simply scribble down a few little notes using the pre-prepared writing equipment near your bed, then return to sleep. Anything along the lines of “Found handgun at school, shot myself in head” will be sufficient for recalling the entire dream upon reading back over the notes later in the morning.

Each morning of doing this, you should have a small collection of keywords and short sentences in your notepad. If you want, you can then write the entire dream out at a more suitable time during the day.

Having written the above advice more times than I care to remember, I think it might be nice to begin a “The Big Dream Journal Topic” to compile all these tips that seem to keep floating around in various non-permanent threads.