First lucid dream. . . sort of

It was strange, because usually people talk about how false awakenings cause them to lose lucidity. This was my first false awakening in my life that I can recall. I got out of bed, and was having a hard time keeping my eyes open, so I sat on the edge of my bed and thought “this feels kinda like a dream”

Anyway, I stood up and decided I would try to levitate. I closed my eyes, and although I wasn’t actually floating (I could still feel my feet on the ground) I DID get this floaty feeling in my body. This confused me and I still wasn’t sure wether I was dreaming or not. Suddenly, while I was still standing there, I could feel my bed against my back, then a second later woke up a few feet from where I was standing in my dream.

Now, the next night, I was dreaming all types of crazy stuff. Out my window I could see a giant tower billowing smoke. Then I raptor from jurassic park was chasing me around my house. finally, I was driving home and like speeding around dodging cars, and loving every second of it, and suddenly I had to stop for this line of semis. I joined some sort of highway club because I couldn’t find my way home, but eventually I ended up home anyway. So I walked into this room and suddenly it hit me - “I’m dreaming”

I immediately tried to keep myself calm so as not to wake up from the dream. but it was too late, I could feel myself waking up. For some reason, I couldn’t remember the spinning around or rubbing hands together methods at the time. So anyway, I guess this is my first technically lucid dream.

to all the LD vets here. . . do you think I’m on my way? after this day, I had like one dream the next night then maybe 2 dreams throughout the next week (much lower than my average). I think it may have due to my nervousness about getting a job, and just being too lazy to think about lucid dreaming writing in my dream journal. I’m hoping that because I’m over the stress and have regained my interest in lucid dreaming, I might become lucid again and possibly keep from waking up when I do.

do you mean you woke up in your bed, or are you a sleepwalker?

when people say they lose lucidity from an FA they mean they were in an LD and woke up in their beds (or what they thought was their bed) but they think they woke up for real and hence lose lucidity. that doesn’t sound like what you described

anyway, i’d say that you’re “on your way” and stress is definitely a factor, but sometimes i get dry spells for seemingly no reason (of LDs and regular dream recall) but it comes back after a while. just be patient with it, don’t try too hard, and… most importantly… have fun :smile:

nah, no sleepwalking, I meant that in my dream I was standing right next to the bed where I was sleeping in real life, so when I woke up I was laying in bed right next to the spot where I had been standing in my dream.

Oh yeah UPDATE: I guess desire is an important factor in lucid dreaming, because now that I’m back into it I had another last night. I was in this room on the 2nd floor of some house, when I realised I was dreaming. Rather than concentrating on staying calm (as I did last time), I just tried as hard as I could not to think at all. I had only one thought - “I want to fly”.

So I turned to a window, and jumped through with my eyes closed, visualizing myself flying, trying to feel myself flying. . . but a second later I landed on the ground. I tried for a long time to close my eyes and concentrate on flying, but the best I could do was float by moving my feet out from under me. They would no longer touch the ground, so I was obviously floating, but I wasn’t flying so this was dissapointing. I don’t recall why, but I eventually woke myself up.